• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit late for this but anyway. I was at big w over the weekend looking at some amiibos, a dad and his son where looking at all the toys to life options and asked me for my opinion.

I love amiibos but recognise they are useless so talked him out of those and recommended infinite over skylanders and Lego. Is this actually the case? Is the actual gameplay of infinite above skylanders?
It seems to be above dimensions judging by the impressions of aa few of you.

All the Skylanders games have been great. Infinity 2.0 was terrible, so bland and empty. 3.0 is apparently a lot better. Looking forward to trying Dimensions once my son sleeps for 16 nights properly lol

Stackboy

I take my forza 6 racing semi serious and having you hit my back in every corner drives me nuts.

That said I'm too scared to play online because I'll suck

That's interesting, it must be pulling my data from Forza 5 and Horizon 2, I haven't played 6 yet.

MoonGred

That's interesting, it must be pulling my data from Forza 5 and Horizon 2, I haven't played 6 yet.

Weird, but nice to see that it seems to somewhat match your driving style.

Also I feel like a dick for recommending infinite over skylanders now. I was watching the skylanders quick look that morning and Jeff just sounded really down about it.
At least the guy didn't buy a wii u just so his son could "play" with amiibos.

Weird, but nice to see that it seems to somewhat match your driving style.

Also I feel like a dick for recommending infinite over skylanders now. I was watching the skylanders quick look that morning and Jeff just sounded really down about it.
At least the guy didn't buy a wii u just so his son could "play" with amiibos.

I'm sure the kid will like it. Also odd to check Giant Bomb (especially Jeff lol) for a kids game.

Gazunta

When was the last time Jeff at GB was up about any game??

I keep meaning to try Skylanders. I really should at some point. Maybe I'll get the Donkey Kong ones.

I am not prepared for Melbourne's 35 degree forecast today and tomorrow. :(

Meanwhile, everyone in Brisbane is complaining about how hot this 28 degree day was. 3 weeks after complaining about how cold it was at 20. Legitimately don't understand how Brisbaners can complain so much about the weather. We have the nicest weather in the country.

Meanwhile, everyone in Brisbane is complaining about how hot this 28 degree day was. 3 weeks after complaining about how cold it was at 20. Legitimately don't understand how Brisbaners can complain so much about the weather. We have the nicest weather in the country.
It's Brisbane. We complain about everything.

MoonGred

Melbourne was killer for my hay fever today, this is by far the biggest downfall of the city

Received my 10 x 40g packets of Geronimo jerky today, I've only tried one flavour (buckshot), and it's mighty fine!

If only jerky wasn't so expensive

Fusebox

Banned
Melbourne was killer for my hay fever today, this is by far the biggest downfall of the city

Received my 10 x 40g packets of Geronimo jerky today, I've only tried one flavour (buckshot), and it's mighty fine!

If only jerky wasn't so expensive

I did a big Geronimo order on their last sale, got 1 of each flavour but I think mine were mixed up during packaging or something because the mild burnt the shit out of me in a good way but made me hesitant to try to the hot ones - when I did try them they were mild as hell. Weird. Great jerky though, my first time with that super dry style, I dig it.

Danoss

Wow, that's some serious complaining!

It peaked at about 37–38 earlier today and it's still 28 degrees here right now. I'd welcome a "cold" 20 degrees right about now.

We are a fickle bunch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
are there any AusGAFers interested in doing the new Raid in Destiny? For fun, obviously. And... pain.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

We've had great weather in the Caboolture area. Basically for the last five months. No complaints from me whatsoever except from the 5-10c winter nights in July. I've been in the Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast area since February, and outside of that storm at the beginning of May, I can honestly say that this area of the world has damn near perfect weather.

My girlfriend has complained for the last two days that it's too hot. But she's Taiwanese and as such complains that it's too hot if it's one degree over 25c (and then complains that it's too cold if it drops below 20c).

And now that the strawberry season has ended and my girlfriend has enough work experience to gain a second-year visa, we're leaving Caboolture tomorrow and will be heading further south. Maybe to Sydney or Melbourne. I'd be up for going to Melbourne as maybe I could fit in going to PAX or UFC 193.

Shaneus

Ugh, they were talking about the Amiga on Good Game tonight, and in mentioning the demoscene groups who made it big as developers, they mentioned The Silents and Future Crew. FUTURE CREW NEVER MADE DEMOS FOR AMIGA YOU NONCE.

My girlfriend has complained for the last two days that it's too hot. But she's Taiwanese and as such complains that it's too hot if it's one degree over 25c (and then complains that it's too cold if it drops below 20c).

expect it to be 29-32 in SEQ almost every non rainy day for the rest of the year with a few spikes. It'll be relatively dry apart from when it's going to storm and it'll be more humid than a motherfucker. Jan to March are hot AND humid.
So expect a lot of complaining.

Gazunta

Ugh, they were talking about the Amiga on Good Game tonight, and in mentioning the demoscene groups who made it big as developers, they mentioned The Silents and Future Crew. FUTURE CREW NEVER MADE DEMOS FOR AMIGA YOU NONCE.
Was kicking myself for missing this tonight and now I'm glad I didn't because I would have RAGE PUNCHED THE TV SERIOUSLY

Second Reality is the fucking business. Here it is running on the C64 <3

Shaneus

Was kicking myself for missing this tonight and now I'm glad I didn't because I would have RAGE PUNCHED THE TV SERIOUSLY

I didn't see all of it, I just caught the end where they were talking about some of the people who developed titles for the Amiga. Might be worth watching for the rest of it, I'm not sure how you'd go regarding nit-picky facts, it could be completely wrong.

I did think something was up when they said it shipped with a 5.25" drive initially...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm keen! Wish I saw this earlier, just finished up for the night :(
It's cool. I'm free most evenings, but I don't have a party other than myself and haven't done it before, so if you're cool with that: yo.

Wow, that's some serious complaining!

It peaked at about 37&#8211;38 earlier today and it's still 28 degrees here right now. I'd welcome a "cold" 20 degrees right about now.
*spits drink* 38?! Jeeez. Don't die of heat stroke D: I was thinking even 28 seemed a little above average for early october.

We've had great weather in the Caboolture area. Basically for the last five months. No complaints from me whatsoever except from the 5-10c winter nights in July. I've been in the Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast area since February, and outside of that storm at the beginning of May, I can honestly say that this area of the world has damn near perfect weather.

And now that the strawberry season has ended and my girlfriend has enough work experience to gain a second-year visa, we're leaving Caboolture tomorrow and will be heading further south. Maybe to Sydney or Melbourne. I'd be up for going to Melbourne as maybe I could fit in going to PAX or UFC 193.
Hey congrats :D Sydney and Melbourne are definitely more interesting than anything up in QLD, but I maintain we have the better weather.

industrian

expect it to be 29-32 in SEQ almost every non rainy day for the rest of the year with a few spikes. It'll be relatively dry apart from when it's going to storm and it'll be more humid than a motherfucker. Jan to March are hot AND humid.
So expect a lot of complaining.
*spits drink* 38?! Jeeez. Don't die of heat stroke D: I was thinking even 28 seemed a little above average for early october.

Hey congrats :D Sydney and Melbourne are definitely more interesting than anything up in QLD, but I maintain we have the better weather.

Taiwan is 38-40c with 99% humidity during the summer months. I used to cycle to work every day in that so I'm fairly adapted to hot weather.

I'll be heading back there in January (my visa expires in February and I'm not eligible for a second year). Winter in Taiwan isn't cold, but it's miserable: 12-15c and raining every day until the end of March. Until then I'm going to appreciate as much of the good weather in Australia as possible.

Taiwan is 38-40c with 99% humidity during the summer months. I used to cycle to work every day in that so I'm fairly adapted to hot weather.

yup, that's hell on earth.

Played through the Doctor Who levels of Lego D. A bit better, only because Traveler's Tale really like Doctor Who.

N0VAM0D

I started watching The X-Files for the first time at like 1 AM, and now I'm 10 episodes deep and I have work tonight. Worth it. This is going to be my favourite show ever, I know it already. Also, goddamn, I forgot how absolutely gorgeous young David Duchovny is, and Gillian Anderson is just amazing and beautiful. The show has such a nice vibe and aesthetic ahhh

why didn't I get into this earlier?!

Stackboy

It's Brisbane. We complain about everything.

If you're complaining about the weather in Queensland, you probably don't have enough going on in your life.

are there any AusGAFers interested in doing the new Raid in Destiny? For fun, obviously. And... pain.

Sounds good! I'm nearly at the required light level.

All the Good Game episodes are uploaded to YouTube these days, if you want to catch up.

I started watching The X-Files for the first time at like 1 AM, and now I'm 10 episodes deep and I have work tonight. Worth it. This is going to be my favourite show ever, I know it already. Also, goddamn, I forgot how absolutely gorgeous young David Duchovny is, and Gillian Anderson is just amazing and beautiful. The show has such a nice vibe and aesthetic ahhh

I watch it alot on Netflix, love it!

industrian

A highlight of my youth was being on holiday in America and catching the very first two episodes of The X-Files the first time they aired. It just blew me away. Then I had to play the 2-3 year waiting game for it to come over to the UK.

I rewatched the entire series around eight years ago. Some episodes have got really old, and the first season is a mixed bag. But once it hits its stride (seasons 2 - 5) then it's some of the best TV in the world. I don't think there's any TV show quite like it.

Omikron

There are just so many wonderful episodes in the first 4-5 seasons... be they stand alones like... Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose or Home or Paper Hearts

Then there are the early multipart mythology episodes... Duane Barry // Ascension or probably the peak multipart in Anasazi // The Blessing Way // Paper Clip

The X-Files did define my childhood though in a lot of ways, so bit biased. :D

20th anniversary Dual Shock 4 is $69 at Target if you're still keen Shaneus

It's cool. I'm free most evenings, but I don't have a party other than myself and haven't done it before, so if you're cool with that: yo.
Sweet! I've only done the first Raid a few times, completed it once. Keen for whatever really, even the strikes which I've barely touched.

PSN has taken 6 hours to download 10gb and it's still got like 30gb to go. Last time I ever buy a big game off there. Fuck me.
PSN seems super inconsistent area to area. I seem to pull speeds similar to Steam/XBL, a lot of the time even quicker than Choc or EatChildren despite living in a small rural community.

Starts out super strong, season 2 is god tier. We just started season 5 though and it's been a struggle. Characters are a jumbled mess, plots have huge holes in them and a lot of it doesn't feel right. Some of the writing for Scully is irritating too, although much better than other shows at that time I expect. Mulder gets his gear off more and more as the show goes on too lol.

Shaneus

20th anniversary Dual Shock 4 is $69 at Target if you're still keen Shaneus
It is? I even get staff discount there! Woooo! Might have to get one at lunch.

I also need to buy the new Transformers game, it sounds fucking rad. But I don't know what platform to get it on, either PC or PS4. If PS4, at least I could sell it afterwards.

PS. So I'll be going to PAX this year, helping out in the retro/pinball area! Should be there all three days, so come over and say hi. Not sure what sort of capacity I'll be there in, but I'm sure chatting will be perfectly acceptable. Gaz: I may well have the power to boot people off the Amiga so you can play Rainbow Islands. We'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom