• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I want to upgrade my Lumia 920 to a 940 but the AUD price is 1100 via ms store. It's like 550usd so that is actually a big hike after conversion and tax. The book is basically exactly the cost of conversion+GST, so it's expensive but at least not a ripoff compared to other countries.

Might have to wait for a drop on the Lumia, or get a cheaper one locked to Telstra or something.

That is pricey. Though I guess if you want to pimp a phone as a flagship I guess I should expect iPhone pricing. This crashing really really has put a crimp in my tech buying. I had planned to finally upgrade my old Nexus 4 phone, but with the dollar thats made it pretty impossible if I want something current with my sub 600$ budget.

Even windows phone which now has this giant gap between the 550 and the 950.

Quasar

Hmm. Netflix US announces a price rise. At this point it seems almost cheaper to have a AU account instead. And it again reminds me that I'm paying for a service I use so little.

And of course the focus on originals I generally have no interest in doesn't help.

Mr. Tone

My Rock Band 4 kit arrived this morning from Amazon! I only paid for the cheapest shipping option and still received it in two days.

Mr. Tone

Ffuuu

I ordered it but I don't get home until the 15th-16th of the month. If it arrived today I may be in serious trouble

I wasn't expecting it anywhere near this quickly. I suppose for the big packages they must default to using the more expensive couriers (DHL in this case). I only paid about 10 USD postage.

I wasn't expecting it anywhere near this quickly. I suppose for the big packages they must default to using the more expensive couriers (DHL in this case). I only paid about 10 USD postage.

I was going to do express, then I switched to non-express because I realized I would be on this cruise ship when it was delivered if it came 3 days after release. Amazon said estimated was 14th, but amazon always deliver packages to me earlier than they say. I've never had one THAT fast though.

Now I gotta try to get into contact and get someone to check if it's arrived yet.

Mr. Tone

I was going to do express, then I switched to non-express because I realized I would be on this cruise ship when it was delivered if it came 3 days after release. Amazon said estimated was 14th, but amazon always deliver packages to me earlier than they say. I've never had one THAT fast though.

Now I gotta try to get into contact and get someone to check if it's arrived yet.

Do you have a tracking number you can check? Mine was very detailed about my package's location.

"........Sorry mutes, it ahhh, nope no package here. None at all. Now excuse me I need to go. I think Joey Joe Joe actually got Rock Band 4 today too! Maybe he will let me borrow it....."

Are any of you guys playing MGO on PS4?

I'm watching my boyfriend play it while I work on my thesis. Looks fun. It also looks like people care more about kills than winning :p Some idiot just shot dead a lady with 8 tickets boyfriend was in the middle of Fultoning because killllls. Once semester ends I will be getting in on it anyway.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thesis, that sounds fun. What's it on?

CURRENTLY IN A TAXI TAKING MY CAT TO MY FRIENDS :( she's going to live there for 11 days while I'm in englands.

2nd longest time she's been without me, first longest by a mile she's been out of home.

r1chard

CURRENTLY IN A TAXI TAKING MY CAT TO MY FRIENDS :( she's going to live there for 11 days while I'm in englands.

2nd longest time she's been without me, first longest by a mile she's been out of home.
She'll be fine. Your friend, well, I hope you didn't like them *that* much ;)

Danoss

Toobs are also a little tangy/spicy which makes them unique. Look at what they brought out just before this announcement: Sour Twisties. What a shit trade.

Speaking of shit. How about Fox Sports' coverage of CS:GO?

7mZzj8a.jpg

Twitch has nothing on these pricks. Pausing to buffer is also needed to maintain even this level of quality. The only upside is the ego boost this has given my internet connection.

Edit: Found (what I think is) the stream URL to use in a media player and it, too, runs like shit. If anyone else wants to see constant buffering in a media player, here you go: http://foxsportshls01-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CrownCounterstrike_0@143553/master.m3u8

Rezbit

Damn that sucks Danoss, I don't seem to be having any issues! First time I've really watched Counter-Strike, aside from a couple of really slow moments (tech issues maybe?) it's actually not bad to watch.

Is anyone playing undertale? I think I'm in love.

Thesis, that sounds fun. What's it on?

uuh, Japanese immigrants in the Australian Military in WWII :D

Englands sounds much more fun though :p Whatcha gonna do there?

Danoss

Damn that sucks Danoss, I don't seem to be having any issues! First time I've really watched Counter-Strike, aside from a couple of really slow moments (tech issues maybe?) it's actually not bad to watch.

Finally got a reasonably stable stream on 480p using my media player. HD would be better, but at least it's clear enough for all but the smallest text to be legible.

I very much like how they've mixed in the crowd audio. It's similar to what I remember hearing when I watched NRL on Fox. If anything, the crowd is a bit louder, but they do have a smaller area and a better environment to cover. Not sure who is handling it, whether they're from Fox or ESL, but the rest of esports could learn a lot from them.

If only they got microphone positioning on the casters right. I don't think I've seen a cast where most of them don't have it right in front of their mouth. We can all do without hearing constant plosives/P-pops that can be eliminated or reduced by correct positioning. Only one guy on this panel has placed it correctly, but that may be incidental because of his big head.

r1chard

Went and saw The Martian. Wasn't disappointed. Have read the book, so the film held no surprises. The book is better, if only because it expands on some things, and shows a little more of Watney's fallibility, but the film is shorter (natch) so cut corners but is still enjoyable. Damon nailed the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom