• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Went and saw The Martian. Wasn't disappointed. Have read the book, so the film held no surprises. The book is better, if only because it expands on some things, and shows a little more of Watney's fallibility, but the film is shorter (natch) so cut corners but is still enjoyable. Damon nailed the character.

The book was a better film than the film.

Pulled a paralysis tick out of one of my dogs this morning, it was stage 3, meaning it had lost control of it's limbs. Currently getting anti-venom and a night in the vets. Anyone had a pet with one? Won't find out until at least tomorrow if he'll survive, fingers crossed!

The Foul

Pulled a paralysis tick out of one of my dogs this morning, it was stage 3, meaning it had lost control of it's limbs. Currently getting anti-venom and a night in the vets. Anyone had a pet with one? Won't find out until at least tomorrow if he'll survive, fingers crossed!

I had one on my room mates cat years ago, this paralysis tick had been on there for days apparently and she wasn't eating and started dragging legs etc. I had nfi what was happening at the time. This was an 8 year old regular mog "outside" cat but she was tough as nails so I figured she got fucked up biting off more than she could chew.

This was on a public holiday, room mate overseas, took her to the emergency after hours vets, they tried to fleece me for SERIOUS cash, hundreds and hundreds of dollars. It cost everything I had in the bank to just to get diagnosed, BUT they did locate the tick, educated me what the go was and removed it. There was no way I could afford the vaccine, which was a dog based vaccine, apparently they don't make it for cats or something I don't remember.

Anyway, she was groggy for a few days but come through just fine, visibly grateful. Started eating the next day, still alive and kicking today. Bought a $5 tick removal tool and she's had a few since, but if you're vigilant they don't do much damage and twist off super easy with the tool.

TL:DR dog should be right mate, especially with the vaccine.

Happened to my Sheltie about 9ish years ago when she was 7. All of a sudden her back legs stopped working and we rushed her to the vet. Had to take her to an overnight vet intially and then back to the standard one. She spent about 10 days at the vet and was still pretty wobbly, but within an hour of coming home she was fine and she lived to a ripe old age of almost 15 when cancer took her out last year.

Damn that sucks hopes he comes through okay!

OfficerZap

Neo Member
Been camping Z5 news, and vanilla and Compact hit all three main networks.

Waiting on Premium news gut feeling is that Telstra will buy exclusivity.

Anyone getting any news on it?

they tried to fleece me for SERIOUS cash, hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

This is part of what's bothering me. With it being Sunday my usual vet was closed so had to just find any that was open, really don't like going to vets I don't know, the charges vary so much from vet to vet. Expecting around a thousand, worth it as it's my daughters dog and she'd be heartbroken if anything happened. I'll put the new webber BBQ I was about to buy on hold for a few months...

Seen nothing but glowing reviews for it. Might have to get it.

tumblr_inline_nvp17udc0g1rrwfaj_540.png

yesssssss. do it.

Fusebox

Banned
Still keen for a brewski next weekend fusebox? I'll pm you my mobile number when I get one in England. Or should we organise it all here in the ausgaf thread then

Hey man, yep! I leave Paris tomorrow, arriving in London in the arvo sometime. Lemme get our hotel details from the missus so I can figure out where we'll be. You there yet?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Today I got told I couldn't go on a ride at Gold Coast's Sea World because of my height. I think the last time that happened Bob Hawke was PM.

Yeah who is going to PAX, what days, availability for meet ups, etc

I'll be in town from Thursday night to Monday arvo.

Keen to hit up 8bit and Grand Trailer Park

Shaneus

I think I just saw AusGAF's very own Lafiel while watching the archived footage of a protest against Geelong "mayor" Darryn Lyons.

senahorse

I had been using Torguard which is a pretty good VPN service. Though I just started using Astrill as a trial, the great thing about Astrill is I retain 70%+ of my download speeds. So on cable I can get between 70-80Mb/s, it's crazy fast for a VPN service.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Anyone know where to buy the Rock Band 4 Wireless Adapter for Xbox One in Oz? I wanted the digital copy and to just buy the adapter for use with my old equpment. Don't know anyone that sells adapter by itself. Closest I've found is the game and adapter only at Might Ape

Quasar

So anyone have any experience playing around with OpenVPN clients?

As I have a GetFlix account I thought I;'d try out its full vpn, but am having some trouble. Namely I think I have it installed and all, but even once I connect to a server my public ip is just my normal one rather than one assigned by the VPN.

Now looking at the connection log it looks like this:

<stuff snipped>

I assume those route additional failures are my issue?

EDIT: Solved my problem. Just a permissions issue.

Did some speedtests. Local servers are fine. Connecting for international servers though and its crawling speed.

Fredescu

For this error "ERROR: Windows route add command failed [adaptive]: returned error code 1", I know to do a route add/delete command, you need to run the command prompt as administrator. Is your client running with elevated privileges? Right click, run as Administrator to launch and see what happens.

Quasar

For this error "ERROR: Windows route add command failed [adaptive]: returned error code 1", I know to do a route add/delete command, you need to run the command prompt as administrator. Is your client running with elevated privileges? Right click, run as Administrator to launch and see what happens.

Yeah. Worked that out after I tried to use the commands from a shell.

Anyway works well enough to limit what my ISP collects. Of course who knows if my ISP is doing anything yet given how few are ready.

r1chard

OF COURSE the whole thing is when everything awesome is on :(

damn, that schedule looks amazeballs, jealous of you all!!!!

senahorse

FYI Brisbane folk

A Retrospective of Assault Android Cactus
Brisbane Unity Developers

Monday, November 9, 2015
6:00 PM
River City Labs
Level 2, 282 Wickham Street
Fortitude Valley

Come and join the developers from Witch Beam, creators of Assault Android Cactus for a cosy Unity meet up.

Tim Dawson ( @IronicAccount )
Tim Dawson is a 3D animator and author of the web comic Dragon Tails. With 9 years experience in the games industry working for studios such as Midway, Team Bondi, Electronic Arts and Sega, Tim’s best work can be found in various cancelled titles. Tim fills the role of artist and animator and does a convincing impersonation of a programmer.

Sanatana Mishra ( @SanatanaMishra )
Sanatana Mishra started on the professional gaming circuit before making the leap to game development. In his 5 years at Sega, Sanatana shipped two console titles, worked on numerous prototypes and made the independant game Antibody Boost before succumbing to the siren call of indie development. Sanatana handles design duties.

Assault Android Cactus is an intense arcade style twinstick shooter for PC and consoles created by a three person Brisbane team over the course of two and a half years. Programmer and artist Tim Dawson and designer Sanatana Mishra will discuss their journey with Unity, adventures in Early Access, what it's like working with major platform holders, how they travelled the world and their recent Steam launch.

JC Sera

ugh looking at the lineup, I really wanna go to pax
saturday & 3 day are already sold out, but a lot of the sessions on friday really appeal to me
(especially the rpg gaming/tabletop ones)

I don't have $60 spare though
and even if I go I don't really have any friends I know who are going
also its been about 3 years since I've last been to a con, and i've never been to pax
going to a con by yourself would be a first for me

Dimefan3

Do it, I go to conventions alone all the time. I get to go the the events/panels I want and I meet a few random people.

I've got a Saturday and Sunday pass, but it's increasingly looking like I won't be able to go on the Saturday, which sucks a little as there's a few good panels on that day. At least there's Sunday, I guess.

I won't know if I'm not going on the Saturday until next week, but if that's the case I'll whack the pass up on here if any Ausgaffers are interested.

JC Sera

Do it, I go to conventions alone all the time. I get to go the the events/panels I want and I meet a few random people.

I've got a Saturday and Sunday pass, but it's increasingly looking like I won't be able to go on the Saturday, which sucks a little as there's a few good panels on that day. At least there's Sunday, I guess.

I won't know if I'm not going on the Saturday until next week, but if that's the case I'll whack the pass up on here if any Ausgaffers are interested.
If the friday tickets doesn't sell out by this friday, I will have enough to scrape up to buy one
*crosses fingers*

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey man, yep! I leave Paris tomorrow, arriving in London in the arvo sometime. Lemme get our hotel details from the missus so I can figure out where we'll be. You there yet?

Yep, got here yesterday, I'm working up near the welsh border, but am heading back to London on Saturday morn. So Saturday arvo is probably the best time for me if that works

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is anyone playing undertale? I think I'm in love.

uuh, Japanese immigrants in the Australian Military in WWII :D

Englands sounds much more fun though :p Whatcha gonna do there?

Ooo, nice.. sounds learned!

Workwork work. Then 2 days in London for myself then fly back home to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom