• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeh bartronica is pretty ace. It's got my vote.

Currently in a pub in London watching the rugby. Fucking scootland

Edit: pokemon cards are spensive in england.

Cam when does your box come??

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I went to an argos today. Shits weird.

Go in, stand at an ipad. Browse their app. Add shit to your cart. Hit buy. Then go line up and pay and collect

Darren870

Yea, Argos is a bit weird. My first flat in the UK was fully furnished by Argos.

I kinda like the premise though.

Beer deluxe is nice, good pub in a good location. However, the beer is a bit expensive. Though not a surprise for their range and location

You all suck for MelbGAF being the 14th weekend :( Can't make that weekend. Someone with the power to move one of two weddings work your magix so I can make it. Have a beer for me.

Also on that EB games Halo LCE, we have to wait until launch day to receive but we're getting a physical copy added to the digital copy in the box. If you ordered the H5 console bundle then you're getting Fallout 4 for free when it releases.

Gazunta

MelbGAF: "So everyone in AusGAF when do you want to have a get together here?"
AusGAF: "Well a lot of us are flying into your town for a giant videogame convention on October 30, how about around then?"
MelbGAF: "Nah we'll make it for two weeks later when all you guys have fucked off"
AusGAF: :(

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
We're timing it around the one time our mod graciously joins the motherland for the day.

Also fly over just because. That's what I'm doing!

Cruncho

AusGAF: "Well a lot of us are flying into your town for a giant videogame convention on October 30, how about around then?"
MelbGAF: "Nah we'll make it for two weeks later when all you guys have fucked off"

Yeah, I was sayin on irc this morning why aren't we organising the PAX meet first? :<

I'm in for both (assuming a PAX meet occurs!)

r1chard

I'm pretty sure piss will be drunk during PAX also, don't you worry :)

Aww man. Kinda disappointed I can't make it to PAX this year. I bought a ticket and everything, and then realised that I probably couldn't afford the flights and hotel and stuff, so I had to pull the pin. I'll be there in spirit though, spooking around in my Crystal Maiden costume.

ALDI can be a bit hit or miss but damn you save some dollarydoos there.

$1 Bree can't be wrong.

We swear by Aldi, get basically everything there aside from some veges/fruit which is cheaper/better at our local green grocer (hit and miss though, Aldi are better/cheaper with some green items).

Without Aldi I'd never be able to afford games lol

Jintor

Aww man. Kinda disappointed I can't make it to PAX this year. I bought a ticket and everything, and then realised that I probably couldn't afford the flights and hotel and stuff, so I had to pull the pin. I'll be there in spirit though, spooking around in my Crystal Maiden costume.

lol. i've still got a photo with holy and you somewhere.

travelling around japan has made me a lot more relaxed about maybe popping down to melbourne next year

Shaneus

I'm having an AusGAF meetup in the retro area at PAX. Current attendees: Me.

Ventron

GAF meetup at booth AIS1! I'll provide the entertainment
someone please come and be my friend

Vormund

There's an ALDI opening up about 2 minute drive from us in 2016.

Same. A couple of streets away. Handy since I'll have 2 kids next year.

Not sure if this was posted in here

http://www.nbnco.com.au/learn-about-the-nbn/three-year-construction-plan.html?cid=vanity:3yearplan

Updated NBN rollout listings with plans for the next 3 years, covers all of Australia.

Well my mum's area is underway atm, and it's listed as FTTN. Great since I'm partially convinced the copper is a corroded lump. /s

My area is HFC, so I'm hoping at least for a better upload...

My area is HFC, so I'm hoping at least for a better upload...
I'm currently on HFC, uploads are still shit (~2.4Mbps), and obviously latency is much higher than you'd get on proper fibre. Downloads are pretty awesome though (110Mbps for me).

In my case, my area bring slated for HFC only probably means that my internet will just slow down as a result of the NSM as contention increases. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom