• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogz

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Disco Fever Edition is up on JB for $59, I paid $99 through EB and it goes for way over that overseas, even the US version is USD$79!

1SC3wV1.jpg

"Dear Customers

Thank you for pre-ordering “Persona 4: Dancing All Night” through JB Hi-Fi Online.

We regret to advise you that unfortunately we have advertised this title with the “Disco Fever” content, however we have since been notified by our supplier that this feature is incorrect and it is only available in the Collector’s Edition

We appreciate that you have placed this order believing that this was one of the features, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like to cancel this order, please respond back to this email with your online order number and we will action this immediately."

:'(

Axiom

This year I plan to play more pinball at PAX so I'm sure I'll run into any least one of you at some point

Is anyone still as obsessed with Mario Maker as I still am? I want to play AusGaf levels

"Dear Customers

Thank you for pre-ordering “Persona 4: Dancing All Night” through JB Hi-Fi Online.

We regret to advise you that unfortunately we have advertised this title with the “Disco Fever” content, however we have since been notified by our supplier that this feature is incorrect and it is only available in the Collector’s Edition

We appreciate that you have placed this order believing that this was one of the features, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like to cancel this order, please respond back to this email with your online order number and we will action this immediately."

Got that email too. :(
Glad I didn't cancel my EB order, I feel like they're not exactly gonna be getting in excess stock of the Disco Fever edition in Australia.

They have said a lot of things, I will believe it when I see it. With HFC being a shared medium it will still be a dogs breakfast, depending on usage in your area.
I'm on Optus cable. When they released the unlimited plans, and Netflix came out at the same time ...

... who would've thought trying to create a network for the future was a good idea? Nah, let's just upgrade our existing POS a little bit instead.

I don't believe for a second that it will get anywhere near 40mbit upload.
My Optus connection is supposedly 100/1.5. During peak times, on Optus' own speed test site, I often get 4/slow.

sTiTcH AU

They have said a lot of things, I will believe it when I see it. With HFC being a shared medium it will still be a dogs breakfast, depending on usage in your area.

It's already terrible in many area's especially if you are on Optus. I don't believe for a second that it will get anywhere near 40mbit upload. Even my opticomm fibre rarely hits 100/40mbit (it hovers around half that at any given time) and that is far more reliable than nbn fibre lately, especially since netflix came to AUS.

senahorse

Star Wars tickets available for booking if anyone is interested.

Edit: locked in for gold class opening day :D

Edit2: Life is Strange episode 5 out today, what a day!

I'm on Optus cable. When they released the unlimited plans, and Netflix came out at the same time ...

... who would've thought trying to create a network for the future was a good idea? Nah, let's just upgrade our existing POS a little bit instead.

My Optus connection is supposedly 100/1.5. During peak times, on Optus' own speed test site, I often get 4/slow.

It's already terrible in many area's especially if you are on Optus. I don't believe for a second that it will get anywhere near 40mbit upload. Even my opticomm fibre rarely hits 100/40mbit (it hovers around half that at any given time) and that is far more reliable than nbn fibre lately, especially since netflix came to AUS.

It's such a mess, word is, in my area only half of the area is HFC and half is FTTN, there is damaged copper and parts missing HFC, the NSM is going to roll out fresh copper to those areas, thanks Turnbull, asshat.

"Dear Customers

Just got the email too :(

Same, I replied asking if they'll have the CE and if I can upgrade to it.

Yep cancelled who pays $59 for a vita game sheesh

Got that email too. :(
Glad I didn't cancel my EB order, I feel like they're not exactly gonna be getting in excess stock of the Disco Fever edition in Australia.

Danggggggggg sorry guys :(

Stupid JB!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'll get an xbone one day... And a Wii u. Kinda interested in the Mario maker edition. Ehhhhhhhh I'll see how I feel in a few weeks haha.

jambo

The wife and I decided the best way to tackle the consoles was just to buy every platform, so you never miss out on a game.

Bought my midnight tickets to see The Force Awakens. I'm watching the game clock on a NFL game (that I care nothing about) to see when half time is, so that I can watch the bloody Star Wars trailer. Today is killing me.

senahorse

My metric is, that when there is enough games on said platform I want to play, I will buy it, xbone and ps4 are yet to meet that criteria, Wii-U we got as it was super cheap during a fire sale. That said, I don't have enough time to play all the games on PC I want to as it is.
Goes back to replaying Mass Effect series

Kitbash

The 2D screenings were slim pickings unfortunately but there isn't a better reason to leave work early :)
Slim pickings is what I was expecting, but for some reason Canberra doesn't seem to have many Star Wars fans. There are still a couple dozen seats available for the first screening of the day (10am), for example. And the Hoyts web server didn't even flinch when tickets went on sale.

The Force is not strong here.

Bought my midnight tickets to see The Force Awakens. I'm watching the game clock on a NFL game (that I care nothing about) to see when half time is, so that I can watch the bloody Star Wars trailer. Today is killing me.

yeah, midnight. no, fuck it.

two bad experiences of seeing midnight sessions on E3 days (where I fell aslepp through two highly anticipated movies.

also being a room full of people who need to star wars the second it opens, I'm guessing hygiene might be lacking. #notallsmellynerds

or
i'm old and need to eat dinner at 3pm

senahorse

Slim pickings is what I was expecting, but for some reason Canberra doesn't seem to have many Star Wars fans. There are still a couple dozen seats available for the first screening of the day (10am), for example. And the Hoyts web server didn't even flinch when tickets went on sale.

The Force is not strong here.

Quiet cinemas are the best cinemas :D

Clive are you in a 3PM session as well?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My metric is, that when there is enough games on said platform I want to play, I will buy it, xbone and ps4 are yet to meet that criteria, Wii-U we got as it was super cheap during a fire sale. That said, I don't have enough time to play all the games on PC I want to as it is.

If the PS4 was backwards compatible I would have bought one at launch. I've got a US Launch model PS3 that I want to retire, and having PS3 functionality on the PS4 would have ticked that box.

Instead, I'll look for a good deal on a PS3 this winter in Australia. Hopefully there'll be some good stock clearance prices. My mentality for a PS4 has been to wait for either a great deal or the first "slim" model. If the combination of holiday season sales and a strong GBP-AUD rate happens then I'll see about a PS4 as well.

In all honesty I'm waiting for Pascal.

senahorse

10:30, looks like devonshire tea for you Clive :)

If the PS4 was backwards compatible I would have bought one at launch. I've got a US Launch model PS3 that I want to retire, and having PS3 functionality on the PS4 would have ticked that box.

Instead, I'll look for a good deal on a PS3 this winter in Australia. Hopefully there'll be some good stock clearance prices. My mentality for a PS4 has been to wait for either a great deal or the first "slim" model. If the combination of holiday season sales and a strong GBP-AUD rate happens then I'll see about a PS4 as well.

In all honesty I'm waiting for Pascal.

I could possibly cave when Uncharted 4 comes out, if there is a good deal at the time.

Darren870

Yea, that was my metric.

I really wanted a Xbox One and Wii-U but I can't justify it. I have a 360 and a Wii with a backlog as it is and don't even play them for more then a few hours a month (if that). I know the new consoles would hit the same boat. Hell, even with Xbox Games for Gold the 2 free games they give a month keeps me plenty occupied.

I might for the first time in my life skip this generation and wait for the next. I've been in every generation but this one.

senahorse

I am the same, have been a day one adopter every gen since SNES, now, between work, other hobbies and the games that keep me occupied on PC I just don't have the time, bring on retirement.

sTiTcH AU

EB GAMES are throwing in a copy of fallout 4 with any Xbox one purchase on top of the current deals they have. Was a nice surprise when I picked up my halo console today :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom