• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimefan3

tumblr gilmore girls is the future of hotlinking.

would you prefer Doctor Who ones?

tumblr_nenb7nxbdJ1tvhs57o6_r1_400.gif

so there was an official PS4 price cut to AU$479 RRP, apparently.

I feel like Luke isn't getting enough appreciation.

giphy.gif

I wish I had gone and saw him at Oz Comic Con in Melbourne a few months ago.

In other news...

Tripod have been working on Assassins Creed.

Good on them!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I feel like Luke isn't getting enough appreciation.

giphy.gif

I wish I had gone and saw him at Oz Comic Con in Melbourne a few months ago.

In other news...

Tripod have been working on Assassins Creed.

Good on them!

I got lukes autograph!

When he signed the photo he started to right from so and so oxoxo, but he had written ( then stopped, looked at me again, "sorry, hugs are for the girls, you can have half a one"

Also, kirk is so good in gilmore girls.

Everyone should watch this to understand how great gilmore girls is. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzplodCcz7U

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Was he really? For some reason I remember him being a nice guy, he wore a black leather jacket like Angel didn't he?
He married a girl from his high school, treated her like shit, cheated on her with Rory, took Rory's virginity, then got jealous of Rory's rich friends and left her
bit of a dick

Stackboy

I thought I would eventually get RB4 on the Xbone, since I have tons of RB DLC, but the reviews for Guitar Hero make me think I might pick that up when there's a lull in the new year
there's a lull, right?

Deeku

He married a girl from his high school, treated her like shit, cheated on her with Rory, took Rory's virginity, then got jealous of Rory's rich friends and left her
bit of a dick
i hated dean from the very start lol. but yeah the later seasons just made me wana punch him so hard!

Lucian Cat

Not anymore! To be fair all her bfs were dicks. Especially billionaire dude. I liked Jessie the most. He was great. But still a dick at the start.

JC Sera

Apparently JB are selling copies of the new Ass Creed game today. It's actually meant to release tomorrow. Meh.
its kinda weird
releasing broken games and depending on first day patches has made "OMG the game is out a day early" into
oh
ok
i'm still getting it a year later after its fully patched and $20 price drop

I haven't even opened the copy of Black Flag that came with my PS4. I should probably get around to trying it out... some day.

it's the best non-Ezio game. def worth playing for the ship battles. the only shitty bit about the game are the eavesdropping missions. Or that they are so shit-scared kids will laugh if they ever used the term 'Jolly Roger.'

its kinda weird
releasing broken games and depending on first day patches has made "OMG the game is out a day early" into
oh
ok
i'm still getting it a year later after its fully patched and $20 price drop

I'm kind of torn on this :/ It's nice to have updates and sometimes it must be hard to find bugs / what people want.

Also, I finished Witcher 3 before most of the patches were out, so I now feel like I need to go back and replay it to get the 'real experience' and an actual nice inventory.

Jintor

fuuuuuck that

it's also why i hate piecemeal dlc, great if you're still playing, shit if you're out and want to get drawn back in

HolyCheck

Is she destined to be like her mom? Or the pie lady?

Classic Suki.

Also, I liken the end of gilmore girls for Lane to be like that of dookie in the wire. All dreams crushed, depressing life ahead.

Lane was the best. And her mum. And shit.

Everyone was the best.
I'm going to start a gilmore girls rewatch tonight, thanks all

Rizzi

I was playing Guitar Hero, felt something go pop in my wrist, and now I have a horrible burning pain in my arm.
That's... Probably fine right?

MoonGred

Who's keen for a gilmore girls bookclub on fb. Couple of eps a week, discuss the finer merits

I am!

Is anyone from Ausgaf part of MedicalGaf?

I had blisters on my feet, kept walking, got home and I was missing a whole bunch of skin on both my ankles, I put those blister bandages on, one foot seems to be healing fine, but on the other the skin around it has gotten a lot darker and you can see all the little veins, does this mean it's infected? There's no pus whatsoever.

Lucian Cat

^ I'd need a picture to help you out, man. Most likely not infected unless the surrounding skin is red and enflamed and feels warm to touch.

I was playing Guitar Hero, felt something go pop in my wrist, and now I have a horrible burning pain in my arm.
That's... Probably fine right?

As a nurse, I say you'll be fiiiine

Put an ice pack on it and take some painkillers, like ibuprofen or similar. If it still hurts tomorrow get it checked by a doc

Danoss

Just giving a heads-up to anyone who doesn't follow me on twitter.

DO NOT purchase chairs made by DXRacer. Well, you can if you want but I wouldn't recommend it. Also, the bolded words are essentially the tl;dr summary.

Generally I don't like a lot of the gamer-oriented things. LEDs in just about everything, gaudy designs and high prices to match the perceived value of these products. I looked into these chairs as thoroughly as I could, to ensure I would get value for my money. It looked like that was going to be the case with the OH/FE08 I purchased, and it was, but not for long.

I was really impressed and satisfied with the build quality and materials used for these chairs. They were solidly put together and easy enough to assemble. It felt like this would last much longer than any of the Officeworks specials I'd previously owned. I liked the firm padding they used, which is better for comfort that the soft kind that often becomes fatiguing before too long or flattens until you're sitting on the frame. Still, it takes a little time to adjust, which was expected.

Almost a month after purchasing it, a day came where I was sitting in it for a while and it was becoming increasingly more uncomfortable. I thought it was something I was doing wrong and so I made some adjustments to the backrest and how I was sitting. Nothing helped, no matter what I did. My arse was incredibly sore and I didn't know what the cause was, but I was going to find out.

Pressing on the seat cushion around the area that was causing the pain revealed something much more firm than it should have been. It was a thin area that ran across the seat underneath some stitching. There's some velcro on the side of the seat to access inside the cushion, and opening it revealed a metal bar running underneath the seat cushion cover, right where the stitching is. Problem found!

I had to pull out my old chair to use until something was done about this. The DXRacer chair was so brutal that the pain persisted all throughout the next day. Imagine someone else belting you across the arse half a dozen times with a curtain rod or similar and then trying to sit down later. It's some deep-tissue pain.

Emailed the Australian address with a detailed description of the problem and was told that not everyone finds the foam comfortable and was recommended to put a cushion on top. Wow. No acknowledgement of the bar at all or the fact that it was the problem and not the cushioning. Also, given the different chairs they sell are for different heights and I fit perfectly into the one I chose, I told them that adding a cushion changes the dimensions so I'd be sitting too high for the back and headrest to be usable and the armrests would be too low, essentially solving one problem (with a band-aid) and creating more. No reply.

In the first email I also mentioned that one armrest was higher than the other when fully extended. I was sent a replacement armrest, which I replied to thank them for and ask again about the seat cushion problem. No reply. Days later I replied once more and ask for a response. No reply.

I've emailed the USA addresses hoping they might be interested in doing something about the problem with the chair and/or the lack of reply from the Australian seller/distributor. No reply. Both lots now have emails sent to them requesting either a replacement chair or a refund. If there's no reply from them by the end of the week, I'll be lodging a complaint with Fair Trading.

I wondered if tweeting about them being terrible might motivate them to do something, so I did. They replied asking what happened. After I told them, they went silent again.

Unacceptable behaviour, but hardly surprising now that it's clear to me how poorly thought out their product is. The fact that they're unwilling to even acknowledge it leads me to believe they're fully aware of the problem. Because the seat isn't removable, addressing this problem means replacing the entire chair, which I doubt they want to do. Also, looking at similar chairs, there is visible stitching on them in the same location. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that they suffer from the same flaw.

Lastly, if anyone cares enough, take a look at the videos on their site where they cut open theirs and their competitors chairs to show the difference in construction and materials used. You'll notice they cut the seat cushion of competing chairs all the way to the back, while they stop short of where the stitching is on theirs and so don't reveal the metal bar underneath. I feel like a conspiracy nut writing this, but it's true.

HolyCheck

Erryone dying.

Also,

Ausgafpaxgaf catchups:

Drinks Friday night:
Attendees:
Arnie
Me

Not going to suggest places like bartronica, as it will be packed with nerds.

Perhaps somewhere like last last year, when the brains trust met up. As the Cuban drug lords mistress called us.

Also who's going to pax? And plays pokemon cards

Say your name if in.

Erryone dying.

Also,

Ausgafpaxgaf catchups:

Drinks Friday night:
Attendees:
Arnie
Me

Not going to suggest places like bartronica, as it will be packed with nerds.

Perhaps somewhere like last last year, when the brains trust met up. As the Cuban drug lords mistress called us.

Also who's going to pax? And plays pokemon cards

Say your name if in.

IM IN

DO NOT purchase chairs made by DXRacer. Well, you can if you want but I wouldn't recommend it. Also, the bolded words are essentially the tl;dr summary.
Ah fuck that sucks :(

I'll make sure to avoid them, need to buy an office chair at some point in the future, still using a half fallen apart one I nicked from Deakin Uni that they were throwing out lol

Generally I don't like a lot of the gamer-oriented things. LEDs in just about everything, gaudy designs and high prices to match the perceived value of these products. I looked into these chairs as thoroughly as I could, to ensure I would get value for my money. It looked like that was going to be the case with the OH/FE08 I purchased, and it was, but not for long.

I was really impressed and satisfied with the build quality and materials used for these chairs. They were solidly put together and easy enough to assemble. It felt like this would last much longer than any of the Officeworks specials I'd previously owned. I liked the firm padding they used, which is better for comfort that the soft kind that often becomes fatiguing before too long or flattens until you're sitting on the frame. Still, it takes a little time to adjust, which was expected.

Almost a month after purchasing it, a day came where I was sitting in it for a while and it was becoming increasingly more uncomfortable. I thought it was something I was doing wrong and so I made some adjustments to the backrest and how I was sitting. Nothing helped, no matter what I did. My arse was incredibly sore and I didn't know what the cause was, but I was going to find out.

Pressing on the seat cushion around the area that was causing the pain revealed something much more firm than it should have been. It was a thin area that ran across the seat underneath some stitching. There's some velcro on the side of the seat to access inside the cushion, and opening it revealed a metal bar running underneath the seat cushion cover, right where the stitching is. Problem found!

I had to pull out my old chair to use until something was done about this. The DXRacer chair was so brutal that the pain persisted all throughout the next day. Imagine someone else belting you across the arse half a dozen times with a curtain rod or similar and then trying to sit down later. It's some deep-tissue pain.

Emailed the Australian address with a detailed description of the problem and was told that not everyone finds the foam comfortable and was recommended to put a cushion on top. Wow. No acknowledgement of the bar at all or the fact that it was the problem and not the cushioning. Also, given the different chairs they sell are for different heights and I fit perfectly into the one I chose, I told them that adding a cushion changes the dimensions so I'd be sitting too high for the back and headrest to be usable and the armrests would be too low, essentially solving one problem (with a band-aid) and creating more. No reply.

In the first email I also mentioned that one armrest was higher than the other when fully extended. I was sent a replacement armrest, which I replied to thank them for and ask again about the seat cushion problem. No reply. Days later I replied once more and ask for a response. No reply.

I've emailed the USA addresses hoping they might be interested in doing something about the problem with the chair and/or the lack of reply from the Australian seller/distributor. No reply. Both lots now have emails sent to them requesting either a replacement chair or a refund. If there's no reply from them by the end of the week, I'll be lodging a complaint with Fair Trading.

I wondered if tweeting about them being terrible might motivate them to do something, so I did. They replied asking what happened. After I told them, they went silent again.

Unacceptable behaviour, but hardly surprising now that it's clear to me how poorly thought out their product is. The fact that they're unwilling to even acknowledge it leads me to believe they're fully aware of the problem. Because the seat isn't removable, addressing this problem means replacing the entire chair, which I doubt they want to do. Also, looking at similar chairs, there is visible stitching on them in the same location. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that they suffer from the same flaw.

Lastly, if anyone cares enough, take a look at the videos on their site where they cut open theirs and their competitors chairs to show the difference in construction and materials used. You'll notice they cut the seat cushion of competing chairs all the way to the back, while they stop short of where the stitching is on theirs and so don't reveal the metal bar underneath. I feel like a conspiracy nut writing this, but it's true.

wow that is some poor service :/ Even ignoring the initial problem of the metal bar, the customer complaints people should probably be reading the complaints of the customers they are supposed to be serving. I'd say you should definitely lodge that complaint. I think my brother has one of their chairs as well, so I'll warn him about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom