• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

That's pretty good, I'd heard shared rooms are the norm which sounds a bit crappy when you're bleeding from your bits for days.

We kinda lucked out. After the C-section the normal ward was full, so we went to a different one that only had single bed rooms. Spent about 3-4 days there because of recovery.

Omikron

We kinda lucked out. After the C-section the normal ward was full, so we went to a different one that only had single bed rooms. Spent about 3-4 days there because of recovery.

With the twins, wife had a share room, mixed public/private hospital, we lucked out of a private room as we were admitted as a public patient due to emergency c-section and I wasn't going to hang around doing paper work while the wife was being prepped for the op...

Thing is, the lady in the other half of the room was on bed rest while pregnant.. and had been for moths, so it was all a bit strange really.

edit: in summary, i don't like hospitals and don't wanna see the inside of one for a while. thanks.

jambo

The whole c-section thing was so bizarre.

All the halls between the operating theatres were the same faded pastel green colour and completely empty apart from doors. Felt like an episode of House.

The theatre itself was huge, with machines, nurses and doctors everywhere.

Was weird having that many people around for the birth, something like 12 people as well as the wife and me.

And then I accidentally got a view of her belly opened up when I walked back from cutting the cord. Managed to keep my food down though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQJS8SG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Found this
Steel series mouse with good reviews, seems to be so cheap because its associated with a shitty game that got EA'd

y/n?
it can change colours <3

I have a Steel Series Raw mouse and it's pretty rad. I can't find which model the Sims one is based on, which makes it hard to give any real info...

Seems like $30 is the price for it in a few places.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ausgafpaxgaf catchups:

Drinks Friday night:
Attendees:
Arnie
Me
reptile scorpion sub zero
cruncho
Lafiel
Frawdder

Maybes:
Stackboy
Lexi
Shaneus
Darren870
Omikron

HolyCheck

Friday? I could possibly drop in etc. Depending on location.

City, havent picked a location yet, won't be beer delux as that place is silly busy during pax, wont be any nerd bars coz they will be too.

need to sus out something thats big enough but not on a main road or too obvious to tourists

Darren870

Sounds like beer o'clock to me.

Tell me about it. Off to Crown in a bit to get my drink on.

City, havent picked a location yet, won't be beer delux as that place is silly busy during pax, wont be any nerd bars coz they will be too.

need to sus out something thats big enough but not on a main road or too obvious to tourists

Hmm are you looking for CBD? I am guessing so since thats easiest for everyone?

Where is PAX? Southbank?

Darren870

does it? I never realised.

what's the difference between lucked in and lucked out?

Australians say "got lucky"
Americans say "lucked out"

Australians wouldn't say that because its like saying your luck ran out. or your out of luck. I understand that, and the concept makes sense. However, I'll continue to say lucked out, when referring to getting lucky. Never heard of lucked in though..

America is backwards, when it comes to...well pretty much everything. Can't say I am really eager to go back.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Speaking of American English used on TV shows and whatever that annoys me:

"Do you mind if I come in?"

"Sure, come in."

Lucked out means got lucky in America? lol, a lot of things make more sense now.

Speaking of American English used on TV shows and whatever that annoys me:

"Do you mind if I come in?"

"Sure, come in."

Yeah me too. English in general is a bit silly when it comes to negative answers though. It's impossible trying to convince my students that the answer to (eg.) "Don't you want to come?" is no (I don't want to), and not yes (that's correct and I agree with the statement you just made).

HolyCheck

Yeah, nah makes perfect sense

Yes I understand your question/statement. And my response is No.

Last week in a meeting in the UK I finished off some activity and then said "and now thank your mother for the rabbits"

Confusion.

Jintor

Yeah, nah makes perfect sense

Yes I understand your question/statement. And my response is No.

Last week in a meeting in the UK I finished off some activity and then said "and now thank your mother for the rabbits"

Confusion.

that's new. I've never heard that term before.

Did they end up just looking at ya like a pack of stunned mullets?

HolyCheck

that's new. I've never heard that term before.

Did they end up just looking at ya like a pack of stunned mullets?

So many confuses.

Just did some reading up on it. Origin of the saying is lost... only popular because Rex hunt says it. Lol

quabba

And then I accidentally got a view of her belly opened up when I walked back from cutting the cord. Managed to keep my food down though.

My old boss brought in photos of the whole thing so I got a very good view of something I never wanted to see...

jambo

My old boss brought in photos of the whole thing so I got a very good view of something I never wanted to see...

All of the nurses and surgeons were telling me to take a phone or camera in.

At the moment of "birth," when he was pulled out of the opening, one of the nurses grabbed my phone and snapped a few photos.

It's not actually too bad, but there's a lot of blood and goo.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
thanks heaps for your input
tumblr_muooz4zEUX1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

I regret not going last week. But I'd hurt my back and could barely move ;____;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom