• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

Ugh I can't decide. What should I get?
The old model PS4 at Kmart for $349

or

The new white model PS4 1TB Assassin's Creed Syndicate + Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection + Watchdogs selling at Big W for $489?

It's possible to get a new model PS4 for $349 by getting EB Games or Jb Hifi to price match the Kmart deal (provided there are Kmarts around with stock).

The 1TB Assassin's Creed Syndicate bundle at Big W is a new model, but I think it only comes in black rather than white.

102851282.jpg

(I'm seriously tempted by the $349 deal too.)

Does one of you pick the music for 60 minutes? Heard the gwent music during the croc wrangler segment and I think there was another Witcher 3 track before that

How about those Wallabies?

I noticed my DS4 has the peeling issue, and today the console took 20 minute for the damn thing to start up. I'm going to have pick up a new one by year's end.
It was AC4 that made my DS4 stick start peeling. I picked up some aluminium replacement sticks that were cheap as chips on eBay and I've never looked back. I actually much prefer them to the rubber sticks now, and that shit will never peel :)

I and a few other guys posted about them in this thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1071950

I first heard about them on GAF and it was a great tip.

Has anyone bought anything from the MS store before?

Generally does the "ship date" (i.e. "ships by _____") mean the date it leaves the warehouse, or is it the day it arrives in stores, and may show up at your door by then assuming express post? I ask because the date my SB is due is also the day the SP4 comes out at JB in stores. Hoping to have it within 2 days of the ship date.

Generally does the "ship date" (i.e. "ships by _____") mean the date it leaves the warehouse, or is it the day it arrives in stores, and may show up at your door by then assuming express post? I ask because the date my SB is due is also the day the SP4 comes out at JB in stores. Hoping to have it within 2 days of the ship date.

yes, I bought my X1 bundle from there last year, it took about 2 days in total to get to Brisbane (that wasn't a launch thing like this). Unless you lived somewhere in the middle of nowhere that most people forget about and don't seriously regard as an actual place, you should have it soon.

yes, I bought my X1 bundle from there last year, it took about 2 days in total to get to Brisbane (that wasn't a launch thing like this). Unless you lived somewhere in the middle of nowhere that most people forget about and don't seriously regard as an actual place, you should have it soon.

Hobart.

But in this case it's a preorder. So I'm trying to work out if they'll dispatch it before Nov 12th (when they say it "ships by") or what. Hoping that I can pick it up on the 13th, otherwise I have to wait until the next week (fucking weekends).

Dmax3901

Tempted by that $350 deal too. I do intend to get a PS4, but there's nothing I really want to play on it right now other than Bloodborne, but I'd rather wait for the GOTY edition or whatever with the upcoming DLC.

But damn $350.

Gazunta

if I wasn't going to PAX I'd be buying that Street Fighter V machine in a heartbeat. Oh it plays other games too? That's nice, I guess.

MoonGred

Why didn't you get a mac book pro?

Clipper

Count me in on the AusGAF PAX catchup whatever happens with that...

Man, I have neglected the thread more this year than even the past few years... I think the last time I was here was last PAX :/

Still, those in Steam/IRC still know me... I hope :)

Darren870

Brothers are going to be coming over for 2 weeks in July. Flying in and out of Melbourne.

Probably drive the GOR, then head to Adelaide, then maybe back to Sydney and back to Melbourne.

Any one have any must sees or must dos? Thought about going to Coober Pedy. They want to do outback things as well as water stuff. Would love to take them up to the Great Barrier Reef, but its a bit far obviously. Trying to stick down south for the 2 weeks they are here.

Could fill 2 weeks in Melbourne and its surrounds easily, but am just looking for some suggestions. They've never been to this beautiful rock we all call home.

jambo

Grampians? Always loved going up and walking around the various trails when we went camping.

Also Coober Pedy is like 9 hours away, a hell of a trip to see some holes in the ground.

Flinders Ranges might be better, only 5 hours and you get beautiful bush land and national park.

Darren870

Grampians? Always loved going up and walking around the various trails when we went camping.

Also Coober Pedy is like 9 hours away, a hell of a trip to see some holes in the ground.

Flinders Ranges might be better, only 5 hours and you get beautiful bush land and national park.

Cool, maybe I'll check that out then. I wanted to check out Grampians too, since its on the way back, but might try hiking in Wilsons Prom instead. However, I'll pose a list to them and see what they say.

Keep the suggestions coming though!

jambo

Cool, maybe I'll check that out then. I wanted to check out Grampians too, since its on the way back, but might try hiking in Wilsons Prom instead. However, I'll pose a list to them and see what they say.

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Our family, along with about 4-5 others, went camping every single Easter since before I was born. A different location every year too, so I've seen a lot of different spots.

Murray River stuff is always good, most of the Riverland are is gorgeous. Not exactly bush though.

Heading south, the Coorong is full of great spots for camping or fishing. Can also head a bit farther down and hit up Kingston SE or Robe.

I also remember Beachport being awesome when I was younger, huge sand dunes you could surf down.

Yrael

I ended up biting the bullet on the 500GB PS4 Kmart deal. I price matched at JB Hi Fi and got the white model (CUH 1202). I wanted to price match there because I had a stack of coupons, so I only ended up paying $149.

This. It is a stunningly beautiful place.

If you want to take them to a place just to see and interact with wildlife up close, then Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills is a great idea.

Dryk

I get to start a fun dialogue with my supervisor today about how I recorded some data at a spacing so small that you can fit 9 data points within each error bar and it somehow turned out fine. There should be a section of visibly fucked up data where the positioning error suddenly shifts from +0.4 to -0.4 degrees that just... isn't there...

Shit just got real.

so 68 for Halo at Target, 64 for CoD, 59 for Fallout 4. Just need a price for Battlefront and my budget is set for the rest of the year.

just for reference, F4 on console from JB is US$42. To buy the same game at Gamestop in the US would cost you AUD$90 (going with the 10% sales tax I paid when I was there).

tl;dr fuck Steam.

Darren870

I ended up biting the bullet on the 500GB PS4 Kmart deal. I price matched at JB Hi Fi and got the white model (CUH 1202). I wanted to price match there because I had a stack of coupons, so I only ended up paying $149.

This. It is a stunningly beautiful place.

If you want to take them to a place just to see and interact with wildlife up close, then Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills is a great idea.

Our family, along with about 4-5 others, went camping every single Easter since before I was born. A different location every year too, so I've seen a lot of different spots.

Murray River stuff is always good, most of the Riverland are is gorgeous. Not exactly bush though.

Heading south, the Coorong is full of great spots for camping or fishing. Can also head a bit farther down and hit up Kingston SE or Robe.

I also remember Beachport being awesome when I was younger, huge sand dunes you could surf down.

Nice thanks for those. We probably only will do 2-3 days in SA. I figured since we are driving half they way doing the GOR, why not go the rest. I think they would really like Adelaide Hills.

jambo

Nice thanks for those. We probably only will do 2-3 days in SA. I figured since we are driving half they way doing the GOR, why not go the rest. I think they would really like Adelaide Hills.

if you're in the hills, you have to check out Hahndorf, Australia's oldest German settlement.

9RYDq9tl.png

6kFTOpGl.png

Lots of great shops, restaurants and cafes along the main street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom