• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you going all 3 too?

Also, I'm up for some long board games cause there isn't many panels that I want to see

Only heading in saturday and sunday. At work today, rezbit going in my place :D

ps. if there are sunday passes up for grabs my mate needs one, we are currently assuming we can buy one tomorrow but if this is not the case i'm happy to pay someone back for getting one for me!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm keen for a good boardgame sesh on saturday.

Plus everyone should gather around for cam and I as we play pokemon and you can cheer on the ausgaf pokemon scene. As we play against eachother. And then discuss why Richard isn't there

if anyones got a sat sun pass they want to dump ill be happy to take it off your hands otherwise it looks like i only get 1 day for boardgames.
clipp ill bring innovation today

I'm keen for a good boardgame sesh on saturday.

Plus everyone should gather around for cam and I as we play pokemon and you can cheer on the ausgaf pokemon scene. As we play against eachother. And then discuss why Richard isn't there

This, also i will be charmander and holy will be farfetched. THEREFORE......

I'm wearing a blue pikachu gym tshirt with a blue and orange bag. Come say hi!

Should also wear this or similar on saturday and come be our trainer

Clipper

I just head over to the board game area for a break. So much more stuff on show this year!

It's nice that the PAX free Wi Fi seems to be working too...

N0VAM0D

Going to see RÜFÜS tonight with my little sister, should be really great! Anyone else going in Sydney?

Also, is there anyone who is going to be going to the noma pop-up restaurant in Sydney? Just got my tickets ahhhhh

Yeah im not paying them 60 bucks so I can play boardgames with you guys. If someones got a pasd they arnt goung to use and are willing to give to me great otherwise ill be at home just as happy

im still hanging out in the city might be around at like 1pm

Darren870

Where are drinks happening tonight? The sailor moon opium den? Someone give me the address of that place.

5pm at Penny Blue.
2 Driver Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

I'll be there at 5:15 ish. Can stay for about 2 hours or so.

Going to see RÜFÜS tonight with my little sister, should be really great! Anyone else going in Sydney?

Also, is there anyone who is going to be going to the noma pop-up restaurant in Sydney? Just got my tickets ahhhhh

Make sure you let us know how the pop up restaurant is.
Is the restaurant you work at going to be open during the holiday season? Might be passing through New Castle then.

N0VAM0D

5pm at Penny Blue.
2 Driver Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

I'll be there at 5:15 ish. Can stay for about 2 hours or so.

Make sure you let us know how the pop up restaurant is.
Is the restaurant you work at going to be open during the holiday season? Might be passing through New Castle then.

Just gotta wait to hear from my boss if she managed to snag the tickets or not! I really hope so, if not, I think we're gonna try the waitlist. I want to go so bad, ugh.

Yeah! We shut on December 23rd for 2 weeks, though! I've moved to a casual employment basis instead of full time so I'll likely be working on weekends most likely. If you book online, put in a booking comment saying you're from GAF, and I'll try put you in my section :)

Darren870

Just gotta wait to hear from my boss if she managed to snag the tickets or not! I really hope so, if not, I think we're gonna try the waitlist. I want to go so bad, ugh.

Yeah! We shut on December 23rd for 2 weeks, though! I've moved to a casual employment basis instead of full time so I'll likely be working on weekends most likely. If you book online, put in a booking comment saying you're from GAF, and I'll try put you in my section :)

I got put on the Fat Duck waiting list and actually got a call back. So there is still hope even if you get on the wait list! Would be amazing to go that's for sure!

Cool, not sure the route we are taking as of yet. But we are driving from Melbourne to Brisbane so were planning on heading that way. I'll keep it in the mind when planning the driving route that you are closing then.

I'll let you know though!

I don't play vidyagames but almost getting fear of missing out for pax wanting to meet ausgaf and play boardgames

---

I also will most likely be heading to Subo sometime in the near future novamod ^_^

Board games I'm bringing today:

Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planewswalkers - Tactical wargame with Magic stuff
Tragedy Looper - Amazing deduction game
Resistance (with expansions) - Perennial hit
Coup - We enjoyed it last yeah.
Good Cop Bad Cop - Another great hidden role game
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre/Rumble at Castle Tentakill - Crazy stupid fun. Who will win out of Fu-king Dragon Lord, Pisster the Pissed Wizard and Granny Flufferbutter?
Star Wars:: Empire vs. Rebellion - 2 player game I haven't tried yet...

On other days, I might instead be bringing:
Star Wars: Imperial Assault - BEST GAME EVARRRR. If we get a firm set of four other players than me, we're on.
Innovation - Thinky civilization game, but great fun.

Do you have to carry around a suss looking duffel bag or something for all of those?!

Not going but ma friend saw them either earlier this year or last year and said they put on a good show so have fun!

Darren870

Well, I am heading down to the pub. Someone give me a shout since I don't know what any of you guys look like. I'll be in a grey shirt, blue jeans and a blue camelbak backpack.

HolyCheck

On the airport bus now! Be there in around 35 mins I guess. Hopefully someone I recognise has already had the awkward find Darren project.

Goodluck darren.

HolyCheck

Ausgaf is a team sport.

Every god damn pax this happens.

Bunch of opportunistic fucks.
Except cruncho who suggested the right venue and Brad who helped the other year.

Fuck Melbourne. Piece of shit city

HolyCheck

The lack of free food on the plane has made me cranky. Stupid jetstar code share qantas even though you book qantas and they don't even make it up to you

HolyCheck

At least 9 confirmed as of 3 or so days ago. I haven't been able to update / keep tabs since. But there's 2 or 3 others that messaged me to confirm who I never got to put on the list, and probably some others who just posted here

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I defo can't make it out tonight. That being said I'll be all over the place tomorrow so if there's thing on or whatever someone should hit me up.

EDIT: I don't know most of you. I met a bunch of you two years ago, first PAX, at the Elephant & The Wheelbarrow. But that was late and by that point I was already heinously drunk thanks to Wargaming, so outside of the awful cover band screaming ANNIE YOU OKAY? and almost passing out on the steps of Flinders I don't really remember much.

Dimefan3

Up at about 7 tomorrow for the drive down, should be a PAX about 9.

I don't really have anything special to identify me, apart from a huge freaking pimple on my face that decided to pop up yesterday, so maybe look for the guy trying not to draw attention to his face and that will be me.

Still kinda annoyed I won't be able to stay for the whole day, but I'll be back on Sunday, trying to figure out how to fit in a record fair, but I'll see what happens.

KrisB

Soundwave Festival 2016 Lineup – First Announcement

Disturbed
Bring Me The Horizon
The Prodigy
Deftones
NOFX
Bullet For My Valentine
Public Enemy
Refused
Metal Allegiance
Hatebreed
Soulfly
Northlane
Dead Letter Circus
L7
frnkiero andthe cellabration
Nothing But Thieves
Frenzal Rhomb
Failure
Lordi
Devil You Know
Moose Blood

+ more to be announced

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Soundwave Festival 2016 Lineup – First Announcement

Disturbed
Bring Me The Horizon
The Prodigy
Deftones
NOFX
Bullet For My Valentine
Public Enemy
Refused
Metal Allegiance
Hatebreed
Soulfly
Northlane
Dead Letter Circus
L7
frnkiero andthe cellabration
Nothing But Thieves
Frenzal Rhomb
Failure
Lordi
Devil You Know
Moose Blood

+ more to be announced
Sort of want. If any melbgaffers are going would they be willing to lend me a couch for a night or 2. Stupid no Adelaide next year ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom