• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Soundwave Festival 2016 Lineup – First Announcement

Disturbed
Bring Me The Horizon
The Prodigy
Deftones
NOFX
Bullet For My Valentine
Public Enemy
Refused
Metal Allegiance
Hatebreed
Soulfly
Northlane
Dead Letter Circus
L7
frnkiero andthe cellabration
Nothing But Thieves
Frenzal Rhomb
Failure
Lordi
Devil You Know
Moose Blood

+ more to be announced

tempting for lordi.

+ frenzal rhomb, hate breed, public enemy

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Disturbed
Bring Me The Horizon
The Prodigy
Deftones
NOFX
Bullet For My Valentine
Public Enemy
Refused
Metal Allegiance
Hatebreed
Soulfly
Northlane
Dead Letter Circus
L7
Nothing But Thieves
Frenzal Rhomb
Failure
Lordi
Devil You Know
Moose Blood

+ more to be announced

Frenzal Rhomb are the only one there I'd want to see, so I'm out so far.

Cruncho

Sort of want. If any melbgaffers are going would they be willing to lend me a couch for a night or 2. Stupid no Adelaide next year ;___;

I'm sure Disturbed and Prodigy will clash, but I'll be going for sures!

If Nick's still livin with me, you can fight the cat for a couch. If not, it'll be cat hair free :p

Frawdder

Disturbed
Bring Me The Horizon
The Prodigy
Deftones
NOFX
Bullet For My Valentine
Public Enemy
Refused
Metal Allegiance
Hatebreed
Soulfly
Northlane
Dead Letter Circus
L7
Nothing But Thieves
Frenzal Rhomb
Failure
Lordi
Devil You Know
Moose Blood

+ more to be announced
Deftones and Refused would be good to see again but no Adelaide show so that's not happening

Clipper

Board games I'm bringing today:

Star Wars: Imperial Assault - BEST GAME EVARRRR. Can the Rebel heroes complete the missions to defeat the evil empire player (me)? This will be our long game, for those asking for it today. Only 5 players can play (including me), though, so make sure you don't miss out if you want to try it.
Tragedy Looper - Amazing deduction game. Best with 4 players.
Resistance - Perennial hit. Great if we get a huge crowd.
Coup - A bluffing game. Always tends to work, and goes to large numbers
Good Cop Bad Cop - This worked really well yesterday, so it's back in today :).
Innovation - Thinky civilization game, but great fun. Good up to 4 players

Other games that may get swapped back in tomorrow:
Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planewswalkers - Tactical wargame with Magic stuff
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre/Rumble at Castle Tentakill - Crazy stupid fun. Who will win out of Fu-king Dragon Lord, Pisster the Pissed Wizard and Granny Flufferbutter?
Star Wars:: Empire vs. Rebellion - 2 player game I haven't tried yet...

HolyCheck

Prodigy are easily one of the best live bands on the planet ever. Between them and Rammstein.

They seem to have gotten worse :(

I saw them in 04 and it was amazeballs, I swear when they did the bdo the other year they had half the setup etc.

Also, games ill be bringing today: pokemon tcg. THROW DOWN, PLAY FOR KEEPS.

Stackboy

I should be in today around midday, heading to the just cause panel, then just having a wander. If you see me in my castle crashes tshirt come say hi!

Clipper

In line. Not sure what to do today beyond board games :p. So yeah, those who wanted a long game today, make sure you claim a spot, or find me early :)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Would go just for prodigy. Also 2 offers for couches. Thanks cruncho and another who fb messaged me so idk if I can say your name here. Aww yeah dem gaf connections haha.

Rezbit

Was great catching up with some old faces and meeting some new ones last night.

Enjoyed pax too, some decent stuff to see although I still didn't line up for anything. Managed to play some just cause 3 though. Pretty well laid out all up.

Clipper

Our Charmander and Farfetch'd cosplayers better be careful today... There's a Dragonite wandering around the games tables, and it appears his trainer is Mario!

Kritz

Banned
I spent most of my time in the uncharted 4 thing not remembering if I play console games on invert or not. Either setting and I was messing up which way I was looking.

The mp was real rough around the edges. I encountered lots of moments where I couldn't jump and ended stuck in a weird spot in the level. It seemed promising, but super janky.

Anyway, maybe time for panels again. Cuz you get to sit down :D

Danoss

Star Wars: Imperial Assault - BEST GAME EVARRRR.

It is a rad game. An excellent variant on the Descent board game. Looks so good with painted minis.

The tutorial mission was laughably bad. "Let's crush the players before they can do anything besides move, that should do it!" Not a good first impression, but the rest is excellent.

Get the thief/rogue character, they're a killing/objective-completing machine. I forget their name, but they were great to play.

Stackboy

Got to meet Shaneus today, in the pinball section.

Just Cause 3 panel was great, they played the game for the whole hour, crowd shouted out the things they wanted to see.

I'll be back early tomorrow for the uncharted 4 panel

PAX busy. Surprised at a few games. Heist, Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth, Inflatality, Kieru all seem pretty promising.

Anyone get a spare of those Intel free game things at MSY they don't want? I hear there were people grabbing fistfuls at one point.

Golnei

PAX busy. Surprised at a few games. Heist, Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth, Inflatality, Kieru all seem pretty promising.

That one does seem like it has a cute concept, but the title will always bring up some fairly unfortunate imagery before anything else.

Dryk

I ran into a copy of Coup that was $20 on my way to Kuitpo yesterday. Grabbed that ASAP since it's on the to-do list and it's usually $21-26 + shipping.

Dimefan3

My Pax was good today, saw the Fallout 4 presentation, hung around the retro area for a bit, and got to catch the musical panel.

Tomorrow, hoping to play a bit of Battlefront and unravel, catch the YouTube panel, and spend some time around the indie section.

Tomorrow, hoping to play a bit of Battlefront and unravel
The Unravel line this afternoon was awful. Only two demo stations, and it seems an untimed demo*. Line was about 15 people long, but in 20 minutes only moved because people left. I left too, joined the Battlefront line (dozens of people), played that demo, left the line, saw the people in the Unravel line behind me had moved up three places in all that time.

*Seriously, why aren't all the demo stations timed, and setup to dump you right onto the action? I started the day at the Assassin's Creed Syndicate stall, and just walked away after ten minutes of unskippable cutscenes. Just let me play the fucking thing.

*Seriously, why aren't all the demo stations timed, and setup to dump you right onto the action? I started the day at the Assassin's Creed Syndicate stall, and just walked away after ten minutes of unskippable cutscenes. Just let me play the fucking thing.

I'll save you time, Syndicate is great fun. It's turned out to be my fave since Brotherhood. Even more fun than Black Flag
apart from Bounties, fuck them

also: Warzone in Halo 5. I played two rounds (they're quite long) and got no enjoyment whatsoever. It's like 343's designers played Titanfall and Battlefield and wrote down "make like these but with Halo," and then spent the rest of the day comparing how much their bikes cost.

I'll save you time, Syndicate is great fun. It's turned out to be my fave since Brotherhood.
That's the thing, I wanted to spend a few minutes with it since I've heard so many good things (and was completely uninterested until reviews started hitting). I'll probably still buy it at some point.

HolyCheck

On the next melbgaf? Way ahead of you. Buying a bottle on the way to the hotel.
Tonight? Way ahead of you. Wine with dinner. Also double movie Halloween feature.

I bought a deck of cards today you use in conjunction with other board games (any) to turn them into drinking games. We'll be well sorted at any kind of nerdy nerdfest.

We played it tonight, tis basically kings cups rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom