• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Gilmore Girls first then Xfiles!

Season 2! Max and Lorelei are engaged!!!!

So many flowers ;__;

Edit: Top of the page soooooo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's time to start planning next weekends meetup. Come on and join the party.

-----------------
Date
-----------------
Saturday November 14th

-----------------
Who's attending?
-----------------
Def-
Me
Tiddums
Crunchy
Marshy
Dazza
Ahhnold

Token Blackguy Appearance-
Blankcheck
-----------------
Where we at?
-----------------
Fuck knows. Somewhere with alcohol. Games lab was an idea. Maybe some Beer Deluxe. Open to ideasies

-----------------
Time?
-----------------
Afternoon til whenever I guess. We get into the city after midday so ?

Also Tiddums will be abandoning us around 9pm to go on a date. So we need to make a stopoff somewhere so he cant find us.

Roulette

Oh wait, I have 2 HD6950's. That should beat my old GTX 570. I can order Fallout for PC after all (I tried playing New Vegas with an X360 controller last night as a test - sniping a Cazador was impossible). Shame I fartarsed around too long to get release date delivery from JB... Anyone know if Big W/Harvey Norman/EB will price match JB's online price? If not I'll suck it up and get the PC copy late.

Oh wait, I have 2 HD6950's. That should beat my old GTX 570. I can order Fallout for PC after all (I tried playing New Vegas with an X360 controller last night as a test - sniping a Cazador was impossible). Shame I fartarsed around too long to get release date delivery from JB... Anyone know if Big W/Harvey Norman/EB will price match JB's online price? If not I'll suck it up and get the PC copy late.

Possible that JB won't have that price at launch apparently (although I'd be shocked if they put it up tbh). Otherwise it's an extra $5 elsewhere!

JB sent an email to preorder customers today saying F4 won't ship until the day before release, so there's a chance you'll get it on release day, but be prepared for wednesday or thursday.

JB sent an email to preorder customers today saying F4 won't ship until the day before release, so there's a chance you'll get it on release day, but be prepared for wednesday or thursday.

Yeah they always said it would be shipped out express on the Monday if you ordered by yesterday

fo471x91.png

Yeah they always said it would be shipped out express on the Monday if you ordered by yesterday

fo471x91.png

express like 'shit yeah' or express as in "extended warranty?"
or express as in Foxtel "The Flash express from the US, but we'll hold it back for 3 days for season pass holders.

The Flash on Foxtel HD sounds like a chipmunk. Arrow sounds like a chipmunk with his nuts in a vice

now that's a segue.

also Gold Class Spectre booked despite the bitching in the OT.

Stackboy

So after unplugging my Xbone, reconnecting it and turning off my router, giving it a restart, Halo 5 MP seems to be working pretty solidly.

Sucks to hear about all the iinet changes. I'm on optus unlimited and it's pretty rock solid these days. Been doing some testing with the issues I've been having with Halo 5 and it's usually 12-13 down (cough cough 1 up). Does the trick for me.

Melb Gaf I reckon you should go to Beer Deluxe. I know the beers are pricey, but the food is good and it's a really nice place to while away a few hours.

Arksy

So I bought an Xbox One. Got it on the 25% deal off from Target Ebay this week, 320 bucks with Fifa and EA Access.

The console just arrived...and I'm just thinking to myself. Why did I do this? I'll probably never play it...except for Halo. ;_;

So I bought an Xbox One. Got it on the 25% deal off from Target Ebay this week, 320 bucks with Fifa and EA Access.

The console just arrived...and I'm just thinking to myself. Why did I do this? I'll probably never play it...except for Halo. ;_;

If only there were, I dunno, five or six Halo games on the system.

So weak willed.

So after unplugging my Xbone, reconnecting it and turning off my router, giving it a restart, Halo 5 MP seems to be working pretty solidly.

Sucks to hear about all the iinet changes. I'm on optus unlimited and it's pretty rock solid these days. Been doing some testing with the issues I've been having with Halo 5 and it's usually 12-13 down (cough cough 1 up). Does the trick for me.

Melb Gaf I reckon you should go to Beer Deluxe. I know the beers are pricey, but the food is good and it's a really nice place to while away a few hours.

I shall add you to XBL friends tonight! should also be on some H5. maybe i will also do a reset of my xbone, can't really tell if i am lagging (though my net is crap where i am atm) seems to be fairly inconsistent on these supposed dedicated servers though.

quabba

It's the same price in store too isn't it? It'll be easier for me to pick up at lunch or after work in that case.

Sunset Overdrive seems cool and is $20. Tomb Raider 2 is out next week too!

It's the same price in store too isn't it? It'll be easier for me to pick up at lunch or after work in that case.

People are saying the price might change at launch, no confirmation yet though sorry!

People are saying the price might change at launch, no confirmation yet though sorry!

Yeh I doubt it. I can't see them pumping up the price for at least a few days after release. Makes sense as a loss leading exercise to get people into the store to buy other shit. I could be wrong though!

I'll be dirty if i have to pay anything more for not preordering

I'll be playing Tomb Raider first I think anyway, I want to wait for reviews to confirm if either of the console versions stand out as the better version.

jambo

People also seem to think that any rights they have are untouchable, like religious freedom when you're discriminating.

So infuriating.

Danoss

Some people also think that they're immune to any consequences as a result of them exercising their rights.

While it's not as clear-cut as America's first amendment, freedom of speech isn't exactly squashed here at present. I might be able to say what I like, but if I decide to say to someone that I plan to beat them to death and they rightfully believe me, that's assault and I can be charged.

It's not exactly a subtle distinction, but some just don't seem to understand it.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Eh hem >:-|
Whoopsies!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's time to start planning next weekends meetup. Come on and join the party.

-----------------
Date
-----------------
Saturday November 14th

-----------------
Who's attending?
-----------------
Def-
Me
Tiddums
Crunchy
Marshy
Dazza
Rezzles

----------------
Probably not coz he's a bit rude
----------------
Ahhnold

Token Blackguy Appearance-
Blankcheck

-----------------
Where we at?
-----------------
Fuck knows. Somewhere with alcohol. Games lab was an idea. Maybe some Beer Deluxe. Open to ideasies

-----------------
Time?
-----------------
Afternoon til whenever I guess. We get into the city after midday so ?

Also Tiddums will be abandoning us around 9pm to go on a date. So we need to make a stopoff somewhere so he cant find us.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
There's a spider the size of the palm of my hand hiding behind the towels in my bathroom.

It looks like the spiders you get in Taiwan, only a bit more aggressive.

But now that I've seen one of them, the entire bathroom is suspect. I'll piss outside now and take a shower when it rains.

jambo

There's a spider the size of the palm of my hand hiding behind the towels in my bathroom.

But now that I've seen one of them, the entire bathroom is suspect. I'll piss outside now and take a shower when it rains.

4wLq7Zf.png

That spider story reminds me...

The misses came home one night last week and screeched the car into the driveway like I've never heard. I literally ran out the front door ready for combat. She bolts past me flailing her hands and stripping clothes off as she crosses the door threshold. I'm thinking bath salts? WTF? She gets inside and goes full commando and starts spinning around like Kylie Minogue for me to check her over.

All that over a huntsman on her leg in the car. Thank you little spider guy I had a good show post her spray tan outing. I just had to get her to spin a few extra times to make sure :)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
When you're in Taiwan you need to look out for these kind of motherfuckers:

800px-Nephila_pilipes_in_Taiwan.jpg

Not because they're dangerous or whatever. But when you're in the countryside they have webs just above your head. I'm 195cm tall, and when I go outside of cities I'm doing a constant roadie run. Every time I visit Taroko Gorge is like practising for a gymnastics team.

Danoss

It sounds like a huntsman in your bathroom. The best spider.

If there's nothing for it to eat, it'll leave of it's own accord soon enough.

Darren870

Melbourne is so lame when it comes to lack of big things. Never even seen a spider down here.

Heading to Wilsons Prom tonight to start a 2 day hike tomorrow morning.
Better see some fucking Wombats

Danoss

huntsmans and wolf spiders are the best

edit: i love orbweavers too

Ooh, orbweavers are another favourite of mine! So much to look at and admire.

I had one living in my front garden for a few weeks. Every night I had to be careful walking up the driveway because it'd build its massive web right across it, as they do. It's awesome how they start it too, using the wind to aid them in covering the distance by timing their jump just right.

Pretty sure it met the fate that awaits most orbweavers: eaten by a bird.

Fredescu

Another thing that makes Orb weavers great is that they're usually outside rather than inside.

I know in my head that Huntsmen are cool but I can't cool my lizard brain about them so they still scare the shit out of me if they're close. Wolf Spiders even worse.

Melbourne is so lame when it comes to lack of big things. Never even seen a spider down here.

Heading to Wilsons Prom tonight to start a 2 day hike tomorrow morning.
Better see some fucking Wombats

Go camping/hiking further north to NSW's lower part, plenty of kangas/wallabies/foxes roam there. It's not uncommon they bounce on through our campsites.

r1chard

When you're in Taiwan you need to look out for these kind of motherfuckers:

800px-Nephila_pilipes_in_Taiwan.jpg

Not because they're dangerous or whatever. But when you're in the countryside they have webs just above your head. I'm 195cm tall, and when I go outside of cities I'm doing a constant roadie run. Every time I visit Taroko Gorge is like practising for a gymnastics team.
Saw *tons* of those in Tokyo.

Got a response from Aus Post: if there's even a chance that your online order might go through a courier for delivery, just don't even try to use a Parcel Locker :( even though their website says "What can't be delivered to Parcel Lockers ... Parcels delivered by a courier that has chosen not to deliver to our parcel lockers" ... it would seem that *no* couriers have chosen to do this thing.

Saw *tons* of those in Tokyo.

Got a response from Aus Post: if there's even a chance that your online order might go through a courier for delivery, just don't even try to use a Parcel Locker :( even though their website says "What can't be delivered to Parcel Lockers ... Parcels delivered by a courier that has chosen not to deliver to our parcel lockers" ... it would seem that *no* couriers have chosen to do this thing.

seems silly. How does it differ from getting being delivered to a post box? edit: if it needs a sig, or couriers are just twats. probably, couriers are twats.

senahorse

We go riding (both dirt bike and mountain bike) a fair bit here in Brisbane and dewy early mornings are the worst, often you will come flying around a track between a couple of trees and BAM you have a web and family of spiders (OK, usually only one or none) wrap around you, terrifying, nearly had a bunch of accidents from it, quick stop and throw the bike down and jump around like a child trying to get it off haha.

P.S. snakes are pretty bad too, but at least they're much easier to spot!

Mr. Tone

I was drying myself after a shower the other day, and discovered a great big spider crawling up my arm. He must have been hiding on my towel. That was a brief moment of white-hot panic.

Danoss

Another thing that makes Orb weavers great is that they're usually outside rather than inside.

I know in my head that Huntsmen are cool but I can't cool my lizard brain about them so they still scare the shit out of me if they're close. Wolf Spiders even worse.

It disappoints me that I haven't seen a Wolf Spider in the flesh before. As a kid I did see plenty of what looked like burrows used by them in the backyard.

This brief discussion caused me to root around Wikipedia for a while, reading up on various spiders. Not long ago, I saw a White Tail Spider for the first time. They have a nasty, undeserved reputation in this country and seem pretty cool. When I was trying to identify it, I learned that they actively hunt other spiders, which is always interesting.

In my Wikipedia session today I learned something I never would have imagined about everyone's bathroom buddy, the Daddy Long-legs. They are known to attack and eat Redback Spiders and Hunstman. Talk about punching above your weight!

seems silly. How does it differ from getting being delivered to a post box? edit: if it needs a sig, or couriers are just twats. probably, couriers are twats.

Yeah all Toll packages require a signature on delivery, can't just drop at door. I've had this beaten into me over the years lol.

quabba

Sunset Overdrive seems cool and is $20. Tomb Raider 2 is out next week too!

Hmm I walked past jb and they had it advertised as 59 on the Window but I didn't stop to ask. Ugh I don't want to preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom