• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masters of None is now on netflix. It's quite good.

"Lucian? you named your baby Lucian?
My lizard's name is Lucian! What a small world."

Yagharek

Counts of Ausgaf (typo or autocorrect - you decide!)

I am looking at doing some distance uni course study. New laptop probably required.

What's a reliable brand? Any recommendations for under a grand? Windows version?

welp i just bought a television

shame i just beat halo 5 and probably won't use my tv until uncharted comes out >_>
Lucky bugger! I would've pulled the trigger on that set too but all my spending money went on a new car :(

Can anyone get onto Xbox.com Australia ? Or is it my problem only?

Works for me, try a different browser. The site can be random as fuck, kept thinking I was in the UK for ages and just fixed itself.

Streaming video IS down though.

r1chard

Big W up in Doncaster (much closer to me than Eastland now) had the Unikitty and Dr Who LD sets \o/

Watched a bunch of Supernatural on netflix last night - 4 eps and I gotta ask, does it get less boringly predictable?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Big W up in Doncaster (much closer to me than Eastland now) had the Unikitty and Dr Who LD sets o/

Watched a bunch of Supernatural on netflix last night - 4 eps and I gotta ask, does it get less boringly predictable?

Ask cruncho, his favourite past time is shitting on Gilmore Girls, telling me it's not a manly show.. then going to watch his favourite show supernatural....

Yehh cruncho. Yehhh.

Cruncho

Ask cruncho, his favourite past time is shitting on Gilmore Girls, telling me it's not a manly show.. then going to watch his favourite show supernatural....

Yehh cruncho. Yehhh.

Girls talking about their feelings vs a couple of dudes hunting demons and
talking about their feelings

Cruncho

I like to imagine they had this argument while sitting in the loungeroom together.

xGHXJh8.gif

New Star Wars trailer and TV spot are amazing. With only 37 days left, I can't control my excitement. I'm not sure I can make it to December.

Danoss

Since it's a monster of the week format show with the big bad season story arc, there will always be some degree of predictability. Lots of people didn't like the first season as much as what followed, but I quite enjoyed it (I've never re-watched it, so maybe my opinion would be different today). What happens in the first season will at the very least set-up what follows.

If you do manage to persevere and continue watching the show, stop after completing season 5. Seriously. It was written to have ended at that time but, given that a lot of US networks don't know that stories are meant to have an end, it continued.

I imagine that the creator wrote the story for season 6 under duress, realised it was shit and flushed it down the toilet. Unfortunately, it was so bad that the sewerage system wanted nothing to do with it, so it remained in the bowl. Someone from the CW network saw it while the words were still legible and thought it was great, but the ink ran and the words became indecipherable. Like the person who ruined the painting of Jesus, this one thought they could recreate it and no one would suspect it wasn't the same. Unlike the Jesus painting, the result isn't funny at all.

Cruncho

I imagine that the creator wrote the story for season 6 under duress, realised it was shit and flushed it down the toilet. Unfortunately, it was so bad that the sewerage system wanted nothing to do with it, so it remained in the bowl. Someone from the CW network saw it while the words were still legible and thought it was great, but the ink ran and the words became indecipherable. Like the person who ruined the painting of Jesus, this one thought they could recreate it and no one would suspect it wasn't the same. Unlike the Jesus painting, the result isn't funny at all.
The creator left after season 5. He planned the five seasons, got them, then left.

While the performances and humour throughout the show is amazing, in terms of story Season 6 is bad. Just awful. The season Dean goes to ptory is actually pretty okay. The season where Dean has aa drinking buddy starts good, but never pays off. Season 1 is good and I liked the monster of the week format. Seasons 2 to 5, being a mix of MotW and overarching arcs is fantastic.

Supernatural is my favourite show currently.

Danoss

The creator left after season 5. He planned the five seasons, got them, then left.

I know, I was just trying to make a dumb joke out of it.

Unsurprisingly, the show went of a cliff after he left. Season 6 was the last one I watched, and they won't get me back after that atrocity. The Impala was written out of the show for a time. The bloody Impala that was more interesting than some characters in season 6.

Fucking EB, From what I sent them On Face Book about 930 this morning (still cant get through to customer service and no reply on FB):
Last Thursday I received an email saying the payment for my Fallout 4 nuke pack couldn't be processed. I called EB customer support the same day to explain that I couldn't make the payment until Saturday and was concerned about receiving the delivery late. The staff I spoke to assured me that if I called again on Saturday after making the payment that they should be able to help out. Now I called Saturday and after being on hold for 20 minutes and double checking the website found that support is closed.-Snip plus my details etc.

Online order status says expected delivery Friday FML :(

Anything I can do?

EDIT: And I get a reply on FB just as I post this. Fingers Crossed!

Arksy

Fucking EB, From what I sent them On Face Book about 930 this morning (still cant get through to customer service and no reply on FB):

Online order status says expected delivery Friday FML :(

Anything I can do?

I work there, customer service is closed over the weekend but it should be open now....it might be a bit clogged up because it's a small group for the entire fucking nation on a day where the biggest game of the year is coming out...my only suggestion is to keep trying until you get through. If you bought it from the online store, there isn't much we would be able to do at the store level to help out because all that stuff is handled separately. If I didn't have an exam tomorrow I'd happily call up on your behalf and try to help get this sorted out and get you playing your game when the company told you they could.

I work there, customer service is closed over the weekend but it should be open now....it might be a bit clogged up because it's a small group for the entire fucking nation on a day where the biggest game of the year is coming out...my only suggestion is to keep trying until you get through. If you bought it from the online store, there isn't much we would be able to do at the store level to help out because all that stuff is handled separately. If I didn't have an exam tomorrow I'd happily call up on your behalf and try to help get this sorted out and get you playing your game when the company told you they could.

Cheers man. Im talking to one of the FB guys now. It really stings too because if it wasn't for the assurance I could have weaseled some money into my account Thursday.

EDIT:

Got a reply, looks like I'll be waiting till Friday to play :( I messaged back for a clarification and haven't heard back yet but I'm not holding out hope.
Hey there!

It looks like the payment has gone through just fine, the order is currently packing and will be shipped today smile emoticon

If there is anything else we can help you with, just let us know smile emoticon

Dead Man

Cheers man. Im talking to one of the FB guys now. It really stings too because if it wasn't for the assurance I could have weaseled some money into my account Thursday.

EDIT:

Got a reply, looks like I'll be waiting till Friday to play :( I messaged back for a clarification and haven't heard back yet but I'm not holding out hope.

That sucks. The copy I ordered I will be picking up tomorrow but I can't play it til Thursday or Friday due to not being in the same house as my PC until then. Good planning, Dead Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom