• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Is there any place I can watch videos of panels that were held at PAX Aus?

I went to a couple of them but would love to see the ones I missed.

Is there any place I can watch videos of panels that were held at PAX Aus?

I went to a couple of them but would love to see the ones I missed.
The Twitch channel had them the following day, but I don't think they kept the archive.

In the survey, I made a big point about making them available to all not only during but after the event. May as well leave them archived (unless the presenters have some sort of agreement otherwise).

Rizzi

I swapped my Fallout preorder over to the PC version today.
Hopefully JB honour the $59 price it was when I originally preordered it.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

Fredescu

Awesome advice, thanks!
If it's distance ed, would a PC do? You'll get better bang for your buck that way. Nicer monitor and keyboard and your probably not getting much study done in front of the TV anyway. If not, do you just want portability inside the house or will you be lugging around fairly regularly? The perennial choice is between portability and performance/screen size.

Yagharek

If it's distance ed, would a PC do? You'll get better bang for your buck that way. Nicer monitor and keyboard and your probably not getting much study done in front of the TV anyway. If not, do you just want portability inside the house or will you be lugging around fairly regularly? The perennial choice is between portability and performance/screen size.

Lugging it around is essential since I will have study break opportunities at work.

I need to know brands to avoid, consider, which ones have shit ergonomics and performance. That kind of info.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
But what if I'm a square? o_O

Then you come and become a rhombus

U fucking wot m8. Don't come to melbgaf but will come to radgaf? I tell you what...

Sure, it's my weekend off. I'm ready to get krunk

We should move it to Wednesday and head to flashies. I know jambos keen.

I have a friends birthday that afternoon and a school reunion that night, so unless the meetup is at my friend's house it's probably unlikely

Or, we have it at your mates place! Location sorted

This is how I end up not getting invited to things ;_;

At the same time you should stop organising them when I have plans... or fall ill...

Stop being busy.

Adelaide gaf is all about abandoning family and friends. Then upsetting them. But having a rad time with radelaide gaf.

Should be ok... I think

That's the spirit! Cya at dryks mates!

0OoO0

Hey...where can I rent video games these days (PS4 games)? I'm in Sydney
I don't have any friends to borrow games from :(

Shaneus

Question for people: That BC thing has just gone up for 360 games on One. I don't have a One, but can I sign into my brother's One, download a bunch of shit and let him play it on his? I barely use my 360 anymore :/

2SeeKU

Question for people: That BC thing has just gone up for 360 games on One. I don't have a One, but can I sign into my brother's One, download a bunch of shit and let him play it on his? I barely use my 360 anymore :/

Sure can, but he'll need the game disc to "activate" the game each time he wants to play.

Dmax3901

Do you guys have any idea why there's a price difference of $15 USD on the GMG site for Fallout 4? The US site has it for $59.99, the Australian for $74.99, both in USD.

Seems like some bullshit to me, especially as on our site it has (AU) on the store page. Why put AU there if they're both in USD?

Do you guys have any idea why there's a price difference of $15 USD on the GMG site for Fallout 4? The US site has it for $59.99, the Australian for $74.99, both in USD.

Seems like some bullshit to me, especially as on our site it has (AU) on the store page. Why put AU there if they're both in USD?

tumblr_nn8lv6Hnbb1usnr9to1_250.gif

tumblr_nn8lv6Hnbb1usnr9to2_250.gif

It hasn't gone up here yet. I switched on my X1 to check for an update to sort that out in case I F4 shows up and there's nothing yet.

So today fallout 4 arrived in the mail but eb sent me an xbone copy when I ordered ps4 :( I hope this wont be a problem because it's the pipboy edition.

Arksy

So today fallout 4 arrived in the mail but eb sent me an xbone copy when I ordered ps4 :( I hope this wont be a problem because it's the pipboy edition.

Were you meant to get a ps4 pipboy edition? Call out head office, they'll sort you out. I can't promise they'll be able to replace it super quickly though, if at all. (They usually have a few at head office as well as well as codes to account for this sort of stuff).

I'm very tempted to pick that up this week and leave Fallout for a few weeks so it can be patched once or thrice.

I picked up Fallout this morning as well. I'm tempted to hold off playing it until I finish Tomb Raider, but at the same time I don't want to rush through TR because I have Fallout waiting. I'll probably end up sharing my time between both... First world problems etc.

Also fuck JB for charging me $10 extra for not preordering. The JB guy was smarmy as hell when he told me I should preorder. I told him preordering is for rubes
as I handed over ten extra dollars fml

Tomb raider looks so hilariously similar to Uncharted 2 from the trailers.
I loved uncharted 2, so keen for TR

Were you meant to get a ps4 pipboy edition? Call out head office, they'll sort you out. I can't promise they'll be able to replace it super quickly though, if at all. (They usually have a few at head office as well as well as codes to account for this sort of stuff).
Thanks Arksy, I just gave them a ring and they told me to take just the disc case in and they can do a swap. Fingers crossed the store staff are okay with that too.

What pipboy? I see you only got the game on its own!

That's your story, now stick to it.

lol, yes. That's definitely the case >.>

Arksy

Thanks Arksy, I just gave them a ring and they told me to take just the disc case in and they can do a swap. Fingers crossed the store staff are okay with that too.

Oh so the pip boy works regardless of version? (I totally should know this *hides*) If it's just a matter of swapping the disc than any store should be able to help you out, it's not a big deal. :D

Actually that's not completely true, there is one a couple of suburbs across but I CBF going there. But last time I was there I stood at the games counter for at least 10 mins waiting to be served. I even rang the little bell.

I'd love to know what the average entertainment section employee does at Target for 90% of the day, cos they sure aren't in the entertainment section. My local Target at least, I'm sure there are some good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom