• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target here is fantastic. Attendant works mainly in that area though which isn't what I'm used to seeing. Target here seem to be fully onboard the gaming train.

Don't have one near me unfortunately :'(
Odd, thought it would be more likely than a JB! Weird how things can be set out like that.

Man, why are there so many great Xbox One game deals but no PS4 deals? Far Cry 4 and GTAV sales on Xbox One, no PS4 stock in sight. Boo!
Lots of stock of X1 games not moving and/or Microsoft being more willing to let retailers discount the stock (Nintendo are pretty difficult in that regard).

Fusebox

Banned
Goddam Pip-boy edition is huge.

Also they're doing some Tomb Raider Xbone giveaway outside the new MS store in Pitt St mall. I couldn't be arsed getting involved to get my free copy though.

I picked up Fallout this morning as well. I'm tempted to hold off playing it until I finish Tomb Raider, but at the same time I don't want to rush through TR because I have Fallout waiting. I'll probably end up sharing my time between both... First world problems etc.

Also fuck JB for charging me $10 extra for not preordering. The JB guy was smarmy as hell when he told me I should preorder. I told him preordering is for rubes
as I handed over ten extra dollars fml

Do you want to know what I just paid for a PC version? Sold out last night at JB's, BigW never got any stock at all, the Target guy was "what?", so I went to EBgames :(
$89.99

At least I got a snazzy perk poster.

Hi ausgaf. I was able to reset my password
so I'm no longer just the person who drops into chat and spams "dota time"

Anyway, picked up fallout 4. Didn't realise it was coming out today. What's the word on it? Have I made a huge mistake? Is it buggy as hell?

jambo

ok

adelaidegaf is cancelled

jHQADGg.gif

Stackboy

Started my fallout 4 download this morning so it will be ready when I get home.

I am currently texting Lexi and getting gameplay impressions.

Rezbit

Got Fallout 4 for PS4. Certainly is more Fallout! No dramas so far with PS4 version (touch wood). Visually looks alright, definitely some ugly textures and models but there are some really pretty bits too.

Defs gonna be a huge timesink.

Yrael

Well, my Fallout 4 copy arrived from JB HiFi...but the plastic case is crushed all along the top. Good going, toll delivery.

I'll return it tomorrow and get a replacement.

Got Fallout 4 for PS4. Certainly is more Fallout! No dramas so far with PS4 version (touch wood). Visually looks alright, definitely some ugly textures and models but there are some really pretty bits too.

Defs gonna be a huge timesink.

it is. I'm dead.

I own a PS4 and apparently the FPS dips from like 30 to like 29 sometimes? Which is horrible and stuff?

actual reason for not purchasing on console: because FPS on console sucks ass

FPS (on X1) seems fine so far (not that much has happened). I prefer the DS4 except the battery life is so short it wouldn't even qualify to ride on the Tea Cups at Disneyland.

Got my fallout 4 disc :) now to enjoy the painfully slow download of the rest of the game (19Gb) :(

500mb console patch must actually be a record low for this gen. But then, it will be the first of many (one would hope). I guess I better clear some hard drive space. bye bye Gears remastered. Bye bye Forza.

intro is full of feels. feels never changes.

Fallout 4 opening cutscene is fantastic. Reminds me of Blizzard & Bungie at their best.

lol at non-functioning mirror at character creator though, very last gen.

Dead Man

Fallout 4. 5GB on disk, 19GB download. Trickling in and will take 15 hours to download all up :/ (13h 39m to go right now)

Damn. I'll need to go home and start that so it's ready when I finally get to spend some time home. Bethesda, you suck so much sometimes.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
New page. New post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's time to start planning next weekends meetup. Come on and join the party.

-----------------
Date
-----------------
Saturday November 14th

-----------------
Who's attending?
-----------------
Def-
Me
Tiddums
Crunchy
Marshy
Dazza
Rezzles

----------------
Probably not coz he's a bit rude
----------------
Ahhnold

Token Blackguy Appearance-
Blankcheck

-----------------
Where we at?
-----------------
Fuck knows. Somewhere with alcohol. Games lab was an idea. Maybe some Beer Deluxe. Open to ideasies

-----------------
Time?
-----------------
Afternoon til whenever I guess. We get into the city after midday so ?

Also Tiddums will be abandoning us around 9pm to go on a date. So we need to make a stopoff somewhere so he cant find us

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Has anyone here used Naked Wines?

I got a $50 voucher for buying my plane ticket and I just ordered a box of 12 bottles.

r1chard

Some time in the wee hours my Fallout 4 install finished!! Fired it up for a bit just now and it looks great, runs fine even on my minimum-spec system. Might get away with not upgrading the PC which would be good...

Has anyone here used Naked Wines?

I got a $50 voucher for buying my plane ticket and I just ordered a box of 12 bottles.
My ex uses them and is quite happy with it for price and quality.

As usual for Bethesda, there are some really dumb things with Fallout 4. Most of which probably only affect me because of how I'm playing it and probably no one else ever.

You can't skip the launcher, and it doesn't work with a controller. If you launch the game via Steam In-Home Streaming, you get the launcher full screen, but you can't see the play button, and there's no way to start the game. OK, fine, I'll start it from the PC from now on.

As soon as you use a controller in-game, it completely disables the mouse input. At least in borderless windowed, you can't interact with the game at all with a mouse.

When entering the character's name, I couldn't bring up the Big Picture menu to get keyboard input, so had to walk to the other end of the house to type it in with a keyboard. Despite these controls otherwise having just been disabled.

The Pip Boy companion app couldn't locate my PC, and I have no idea how to make it work.

The first (?) crafting area seems to have no reason to exist as far as the story is concerned. You get there, it's empty and suddenly you know how to make walls and stuff! It's probably fun, sure, but at least have a simple story-related thing (short intro combat, or a small quest with someone who you take over from, or something). It's dumb.

Seems like a Fallout game to me!

Rise of the Tomb Raider on X1/360 for $55 posted with CGIFT20 code
Fallout 4 on PS4/X1 for $51 posted with CGIFT20 code

The first (?) crafting area seems to have no reason to exist as far as the story is concerned. You get there, it's empty and suddenly you know how to make walls and stuff! It's probably fun, sure, but at least have a simple story-related thing (short intro combat, or a small quest with someone who you take over from, or something). It's dumb.

Seems like a Fallout game to me!

Ludonarrative dissonance is out the arse in this game. Even when you first start you end up doing really illogical things just because that's the Fallout way. That's ignoring the lack of emotion on display too lol.

Rise of the Tomb Raider cheap

Sold. I'm going to concentrate on F4 and CoD Multi for a bit so I don't need it for a few weeks anyway but I doubt its going to drop much more before I start playing.

TarGAF (if there is such a thing), or ebay GAF, the Target order received email lists the full price before the voucher was applied but paypal receipt says the discounted price. this is normal, right and nothing to be concerned about? right? TarGAF?

Roulette

Thought I'd left it too late with FO4 after I saw the JB online orders were sold out, but I managed to walk into JB late last week and do an in store pre-order for $60. Got a text that it was there yesterday morning, stopped in on lunch break and picked it up (cashier said I was lucky as they were sold out on PC), took it home to install and patch and went back to work. Got home and it was ready to go.

Very surprised at how well it runs on my GTX570 (haven't swapped cards yet). Hardware scanner recommended medium settings, and it still looks pretty good. I have an old 1680x1050 monitor, so not running at 1080p helps a bit. Only got to put in a few hours last night, but I'm liking it so far.

The Pip Boy companion app couldn't locate my PC, and I have no idea how to make it work.

I had this problem, but it was my firewall. Once I allowed FO4 to go through it was fine. Try alt-tabbing when you enable it/scan for PC with your phone.

Shaneus

Hey Gazunta/other retro gamers, I just noticed this in the Steam Controller thread:
**new** Mouse Joystick
Allows for trackball mouse-like movement to be used in games that using an analogue stick for aim. This is arguable the best solution for games that only allow for analogue aim or for games where gamepad and mouse can not be used simultaneously. This mode is most effective when the in-game right stick sensitivity / camera speed are maxed out to allow for the best usability of the right trackpad, which will behave as a trackball mouse.
Trackball-like support? Imagine playing Missile Command, Marble Madness or even something like Arkanoid with the Steam Controller! Hmmmm. Space Giraffe could be awesome with the pad too if it supports some kind of relative position thing (so wherever your thumb is on the pad is where your guy is on the grid).

Dmax3901

Just thought I'd give people a heads up cause it was certainly news to me.

Bought FO4 through Green Man Gaming and not only do we have to pay in USD but the difference in price between the US and Australian version of the sites is $15 for no apparent reason.

So we get screwed twice!

I had this problem, but it was my firewall. Once I allowed FO4 to go through it was fine. Try alt-tabbing when you enable it/scan for PC with your phone.
Aha! I do recall a request which I ignored (internet access for a single player game? Denied!), but that makes sense.

Bought FO4 through Green Man Gaming and not only do we have to pay in USD but the difference in price between the US and Australian version of the sites is $15 for no apparent reason.
The difference is entirely because the publisher decided to set a different price for Australia, mostly because of when the dollar was strong. GMG created a 30% off coupon (can't recall what it is, you should be able to Google it easily enough) for titles with "ANZ" in their listing. They've always charged in USD only (or GBP, EUR, never AUD).

Arksy

Just thought I'd give people a heads up cause it was certainly news to me.

So we get screwed twice!

I honestly don't think it's the fault of Green Man Gaming but the publisher, they don't do this sort of stuff with every game...In saying that I'd avoid GMG unless you need to use up your credit by the end of November.

Dmax3901

Aha! I do recall a request which I ignored (internet access for a single player game? Denied!), but that makes sense.

The difference is entirely because the publisher decided to set a different price for Australia, mostly because of when the dollar was strong. GMG created a 30% off coupon (can't recall what it is, you should be able to Google it easily enough) for titles with "ANZ" in their listing. They've always charged in USD only (or GBP, EUR, never AUD).

Perhaps I should've known, but there's no mention of USD on the store page or even the checkout process! Also the page is Fallout 4 (AU), if you're an idiot like me you might assume it was in AUD.

What is everyone doing for Battlefront (PC). Anyone know how JB distributed PC copies of Fallout 4, did the codes get sent by email or did you have to wait for the physical box to arrive to preload etc?

Fredescu

GMG have done that for a long time. They often give vouchers to compensate for the publisher difference. They had 20% for Fallout 4, but I think it was only if you the season pass too. Not much they can do about the currency difference.

jambo

Took a few goes for it to find my game, but then it worked great for about 2 hours. At that point it suddenly started disconnecting over and over, but I was finishing up at that point so I just closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom