• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

It cool man. I got your sarsaparilla.

Also: cheap (aka free) shit to do in tokyo? Shoot ausgaf.

Haven't done the proper maths yet. But budgets Prob about $30 a day for food / shit to do. Possibly less!

Hopefully museums are like the UK and free. Not like shitty Aus.

$30 a day?

I see a lot of McDonald's and 711 in your future...

I don't recall any free museums to be honest.

Plenty of ¥100ish sushi triangles (mostly rice) at convenience stores!

Curry places like Go Go and CoCo Ichibanya offer extra rice for a small fee. Or, some places offer free rice refills if you look around.

Most shrines are free, so Meiji Jingu, Sensoji should be nice. Kawagoe and Kamakura have lots of free sightseeing, besides the train fare that should be a nice and cheap day trip.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Guys. Saturday. Where? Do we just hang out around gameslab or shall we start at beer deluxe. Also probably aim for around 2-3pm I'm thinking. Gives tiddums and I the time to get to the hotel and get there.

Darren870

Guys. Saturday. Where? Do we just hang out around gameslab or shall we start at beer deluxe. Also probably aim for around 2-3pm I'm thinking. Gives tiddums and I the time to get to the hotel and get there.

Beer Deluxe. You guys can go to Games Lab after. I'll probably leave around 4:30.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Beer Deluxe. You guys can go to Games Lab after. I'll probably leave around 4:30.
That sounds like a plan then. And if we're still out after your thing finishes you're welcome to rejoin wherever we are.

Somebody decide for me coz I don't care where it is as long as it's CBDish.

Games lab sounded find or whatever but what do you guys want

Booze
Booze is good. Promised you I'll make you drink :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thanks for all those tips guys. will have a proper read on Friday when I have time.

also, this guy, tryin to low ball me. ffs.

12241481_974986719224643_1184208820193879251_n.jpg

Yrael

Cheers mate!

Not sure how much longer I can wait, everyone on my friends list is playing it right now, might have to bite tomorrow, go in and check Kmart and target

Cheapest instore is $64 at Target then.

Big W is doing a "Family and Friends" 10% discount this weekend:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/219327

Fallout 4 is currently $69 on both consoles and PC in their most recent catalogue (ending November 18th), so with the extra discount that brings the price down to $62.10 in-store, marginally cheaper than Target if you want to wait just a couple more days and save $1.90. :p Haha.

A fool and his money are soon parted. I like physical video games as much as the next guy but paying over $1000 for something that isn't a pinball or arcade machine is mental. Thanks capitalism.

A fool and his money are soon parted. I like physical video games as much as the next guy but paying over $1000 for something that isn't a pinball or arcade machine is mental. Thanks capitalism.

it's a very, very rare cart only released in PAL territories so that's why the collectors go nuts. It's likely to appreciate in value like nothing else.

I wouldn't pay that sort of money but I am not a collector.

Gazunta

I...ended up playing a lot of video games yesterday, which was weird? Been so heads down on Rose #2 and Blow The Cartridge #5 haven't really had time (and still don't, ack). But going to PAX has inspired me to actually play some of these damn things.

So first up, the PlayStation TV! Pretty easy to set up, and the damn thing looks so cute. It's nice and inconspicious in an office environment too so it doesn't look out of place, I just keep the controllers out of sight for when there's clients around. The device only has 1GB of storage so I have to be picky with what I put on it until I get a 4GB card or whatever.

So far I've put on Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, which is fantastic but multiplayer is awkward as it's a seperate game mode that requires one player to use a Vita and there's a ton of loading and setting up for multiplayer matches. I'll be replacing it with Street Fighter Alpha 2 soon, which on the plus side is a better game, has easier multiplayer since it's the PS1 version so supports multiple controllers...but on the negative side takes up more valuable storage space (330MB!) and loads so slowly since it's emulating PS1 load speeds. ><

(I also put on Crash Team Racing, which will be a hell of a lot of fun to play now that we have four Dual Shock 3's connected to it, and TxK which I can't wait to play on a big screen, and Worms Revolution...but haven't got to playing them yet...and that's pretty much filled my 1GB card)

Last night the wife and I fired up the ol' 360 and good grief that machine is loud. We spent a good while going through some stuff - Sonic Generations is...really hard to play on our TV screen? Everything moves so quickly and the foreground and background is very similar. Maybe we're getting old >< Bomberman Live was great fun as always, I love Bomberman. Cloning Clyde is almost ten years old good grief. Loved that back in the day. Pac-Man CE DX Turbo Alpha Mega or whatever it's called is still fantastic, one of my favourites. Oh! Doritos Crash Course. Make fun of it all you want that's still a fun game.

And on iOS I have recently taken to firing up a 'quick' game of X-COM (for some reason it won't launch on Steam any more? Oh...kay?) which I seriously do not have time for but I set it to Easy and am just chilling with. God damn I love X-Com so much. I also recently started playing Train Defence again, one of my favourite games of all time. It's tower defence with trains. Play it.

Seriously, play it, you can thank me later.

r1chard

I played a lot of Fallout yesterday (almost 9 hours omg). I've not played that much video game in one sitting in a while. Felt good, man.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I got my wine from Naked Wines today. They gave me a bunch of $50-off vouchers if anyone here wants some.

As for $1000+ for a video game, In 2005 I nearly spent $500 on buying the Lufia 2 soundtrack. It'd been out of print since the 90s and is extremely rare. I decided against it at the last minute.

A year later they re-released all the Lufia soundtracks. I got them for $60.

I played a lot of Fallout yesterday (almost 9 hours omg). I've not played that much video game in one sitting in a while. Felt good, man.

I like to think I don't ever play games like that anymore, but earlier in the year I played FM for 88 hours in two weeks. That and I'm sure I played Xcom: Enemy Within for 10+ hours a day - to the point where I was having Xcom-related dreams.

I don't think anything will beat my 23-hour constant playthrough of Oblivion though. No eating or sleeping. Just Oblivion.

Forced myself to shelve Fallout 4 for the time being. The metagame is realllllllllllllllllllllllly time consuming for me so I'll get a few other games out of the way before spending 3 months playing nothing but Fallout 4 lol.

Forced myself to shelve Fallout 4 for the time being. The metagame is realllllllllllllllllllllllly time consuming for me so I'll get a few other games out of the way before spending 3 months playing nothing but Fallout 4 lol.

Yeah, I'm gonna save it for after I get my fill of action and MP stuff like CoD/BF and TR

Stackboy

I don't. It shits me up the wall. I get guilty I'm not playing these other amazing games o am buying and just keep playing Rocket League

You just have to prioritize. I totally understand why you would want to play Rocket League, one of the best games this year.

jambo

Longest session I ever played was about 13 hours of Mass Effect. I really wanted to play ME2, so I went back and finally finished on ME1. Was pretty great.

senahorse

I just played through ME1 and 2 (+all DLC)over the past month, was great (especially ME2) but am a bit burnt out, and will have a good break before going on to 3. Used a bunch of mods to make it look nicer and enable pad support on PC as well.

jambo

I had the burn out issue with both ME sequels.

After I went back and played that 13 hour stint of ME1, I started ME2 the next day and after about 2 hours was like "nope!"

About 6 months later I finally started ME2 again and smashed through the whole thing in about 35 hours in a fortnight. Then I went to play ME3 and was like "nope!"

Still only at the 10-11 hour mark of ME3.

N0VAM0D

I'm glad everyone is enjoying FO4! I've never played the series, but I figure I might as well jump in now. I'll buy it when I see a good deal around. I still really need to play Until Dawn and all those other games that I bought. I shouldn't really be playing anything right now though, because I'm trying to finish up my portfolio for graduation! Woo!

Does anyone have a LastFM? I got back into it sort of recently and I need some friends.

Also, did anyone go to Tame Impala?! IT WAS SO GOOD. The support act, Mini Mansions, were fantastic too. Setlist was really great as well. I still preferred the first time I saw them at the Enmore a few years back when they weren't as well known, though.

Longest session I ever played was about 13 hours of Mass Effect. I really wanted to play ME2, so I went back and finally finished on ME1. Was pretty great.

Holy shit, same, but with a different amount of hours, give or take a few.

I had the burn out issue with both ME sequels.

After I went back and played that 13 hour stint of ME1, I started ME2 the next day and after about 2 hours was like "nope!"

About 6 months later I finally started ME2 again and smashed through the whole thing in about 35 hours in a fortnight. Then I went to play ME3 and was like "nope!"

Still only at the 10-11 hour mark of ME3.

Yeah I never finished ME3. Got about 10 hours into it and realised I had no fucking clue what had happened so far. Was super depressing after I loved ME1 and ME2 in very different ways. ME3 left me cold :(

I'm glad everyone is enjoying FO4! I've never played the series, but I figure I might as well jump in now. I'll buy it when I see a good deal around. I still really need to play Until Dawn and all those other games that I bought. I shouldn't really be playing anything right now though, because I'm trying to finish up my portfolio for graduation! Woo!

Also, did anyone go to Tame Impala?! IT WAS SO GOOD. The support act, Mini Mansions, were fantastic too. Setlist was really great as well. I still preferred the first time I saw them at the Enmore a few years back when they weren't as well known, though..
Mini Mansions are great, hope they get some more attention by playing with them.

Also def play Until Dawn! Still one of my fav games of the year.

Stackboy

Also, did anyone go to Tame Impala?! IT WAS SO GOOD. The support act, Mini Mansions, were fantastic too. Setlist was really great as well. I still preferred the first time I saw them at the Enmore a few years back when they weren't as well known, though.

Bye-Bye-hipster.jpg

Jokes ;p I really like their new album.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
How are the wines? What is the pricing like? And yes lol.

To be perfectly honest I'm not a big wine drinker. But I got a $50 voucher with my plane ticket. With this combination of being both "cheap" and "alcohol" it ticks both of my Scottish boxes.

I bought this boxset: https://nakedwines.com.au/cases/customer-favourites-case-v4.htm

12 bottles for $64.99 including delivery. I figure since I've got 11 weeks left in Australia I'll have around one a week. Well, that's my plan anyways. They'll probably be gone by December.

Fredescu

I'm doing a good job at resisting the temptation to to buy Fallout 4. I know I would love it, but I just don't get enough consistent time to play adult games. I still want to finish Pillars of Eternity, and play Dark Souls 2, Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin, and probably Bloodborne eventually. It feels like each game I avoid buying makes the next one easier to avoid.

It's also helped by the fact that I have a bunch of games to play with the lad. Lego Dimensions is pretty good. It's not as good as Lego City Undercover, but all the building and rebuilding stuff is awesome to do together and getting him to move the figures around for those puzzles. I think they could have done a better job integrating the open world stuff with the story stuff. And the platforming bits are worse than the stuff in Lego City, making me think maybe Nintendo had a hand in that. There's way too much repeating dialog too, to the point where I wonder if that's a bug.

It's more fun than Disney Infinity 3 anyway. I really came to dislike that game.

Playing a bit of FIFA16 which isn't all that special but it's fine. Does anyone else play on PS4 that I don't have on my friend list?

I was enjoying Need for Speed: Rivals until those two came along. I think I will go back to it eventually. It's way easier than Drive Club which I absolutely suck at and I look upon Shaneus trophy list as a god. I tried to get better at it, but there's only so many hours I can play one track over and over before I feel like I am physically incapable of learning this.

N0VAM0D

Sweet, thanks!

Mini Mansions are great, hope they get some more attention by playing with them.

Also def play Until Dawn! Still one of my fav games of the year.

Yeah, I'd definitely be keen to see them play as headliners after that performance. They've got such a good stage presence and vibe, really gorgeous, groovy guys.

Buying it today! Can't resist.

Bye-Bye-hipster.jpg

Jokes ;p I really like their new album.

Hahahahah, fuck.

I like Tame Impala a lot because I enjoy pretty much every single one of their songs. I actually wasn't too fond of 'Cause I'm a Man at first, but now it's grown on me... Their music is just such a great modern twist on psychedelic rock and lo-fi. I love it. It also helps that Kev is a massive cutie with a kind heart, hahaha! You should have heard him at the concert, he couldn't stop going on about how glad he was to be there and he couldn't believe he was playing at the Opera House, then he apologised like "I'm sorry I'll stop going on about it"

*sighs

Omfg Microsoft uses Toll for delivery.

WHY.

Delivered at 11am, fine no worries I'll just pick it up when I get home. OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S TOLL. It has to be picked up on the opposite side of the city from a warehouse. Via appointment. And you can only do it on the next day. And they can't guarantee a specific time. Ok I'll just do it after wor... oh wait they close at 5pm.

Ok so redeliver it. Oh you can't choose when it will be redelivered. They'll just do it whenever. So I have to leave the fucking card in my letterbox saying "you can leave my 3000 dollar laptop on the ground somewhere around my house". Yeah that's fucking good guys thanks.

So happy I payed the extra for express delivery from these fucking clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom