• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I know how to solve this. Take tomorrow off from work! Then you'll be there to pick it up.

Edit: lol he gon ban y'alls asses

yo master of none is really good hey
like maybe the best show I've seen the entire year
It's a cool feeling seeing a piece of work that feels so fully-formed from the outset.

Does anyone have a LastFM? I got back into it sort of recently and I need some friends.

http://www.last.fm/user/roosters93

But the scrobbler doesn't seem to play nice with the university proxy (the internet I use 99% of the time) and so my scrobbles are stuffed :'(
I'm kinda getting over my habit of tracking everything anyway so don't really care anymore.

Lego Dimensions is pretty good. It's not as good as Lego City Undercover, but all the building .
Nothing is as good as Lego City Undercover

Omfg Microsoft uses Toll for delivery.

WHY.

Delivered at 11am, fine no worries I'll just pick it up when I get home. OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S TOLL. It has to be picked up on the opposite side of the city from a warehouse. Via appointment. And you can only do it on the next day. And they can't guarantee a specific time. Ok I'll just do it after wor... oh wait they close at 5pm.

Ok so redeliver it. Oh you can't choose when it will be redelivered. They'll just do it whenever. So I have to leave the fucking card in my letterbox saying "you can leave my 3000 dollar laptop on the ground somewhere around my house". Yeah that's fucking good guys thanks.

So happy I payed the extra for express delivery from these fucking clowns.

For Whom the Toll Bells.

Damn that sucks Mutes, looks like all the stress is really taking its toll on you.

Choc, is that you?

At least he's letting it all come to the surface
rather than letting it bo-toll up

Markot, is that you?

Fundraising chocolate update: Put the box next to pregnant women

you utterly evil
genius

Spectre was pretty good. Not perfect but a good James Bond film. I have no idea what the nutters in the Spectre thread are complaining about. Oh, that's right. They're nutters.

There's a great drinking game whenever Daniel Craig looked annoyed or bored. It's called getting drunk halfway through the
opening gunbarrel sequence.

Gold Class Sliders, eh, ok, but I'd order something else next time.

Gazunta

Important BrisGAF update: The Bleachers on Boundary St in West End are 'doing' Ben's Burgers from Fortitude Valley, and they're fucking amazing. This is gonna end so badly for me.

WHY.

Delivered at 11am, fine no worries I'll just pick it up when I get home. OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S TOLL. It has to be picked up on the opposite side of the city from a warehouse. Via appointment. And you can only do it on the next day. And they can't guarantee a specific time. Ok I'll just do it after wor... oh wait they close at 5pm.

Ok so redeliver it. Oh you can't choose when it will be redelivered. They'll just do it whenever. So I have to leave the fucking card in my letterbox saying "you can leave my 3000 dollar laptop on the ground somewhere around my house". Yeah that's fucking good guys thanks.

Damn that sucks, so glad I get everything delivered to work these days.

Samboread

WHY.

Toll are completely useless, They delivered Black Ops 3 last week (from Jbhifi) Tracking stated it had been delivered but it definitely wasn't at my place.

Rang them, they were no help what so ever as they said driver delivered it correctly..
Turns out they delivered it to an address around the corner in a completely different street.

Only found out when the person brought it around to my place later that arvo

I've been working in the city for close to 10 years now and it's awesome for deliveries. Only bad things are sick days or annual leave, but at least the package gets taken and put in to my office.

Yeah the other employees send me a text if something arrives when I'm out/away which is awesome lol.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pshhh saw tame impala and the John steel singers all bashin the same drum kit after a seriously dope arse gig in 2008

/hipster cred

hamchan

Got the plat for Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Bought it because people in this thread said it was good and because it was only $51 in that target eBay sale. People were right, that game is like top 3 in the whole series with how much I enjoyed it.

dity

Oh damn, I remembered I was going to post in this thread after I became a member but I forgot.

I live in NSW and have been watching my partner binge on Fallout 4 since picking it up at midnight the other night.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thank you thank you. I will be sure to post all my grievances about our many useless postage companies here.

But how do you feel about Gilmore Girls?

Guys, Jess has left now and Rory and Lorelei just got back from Europe and Rory is off to Yale soon :(

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
New page. New post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inaugural meet tiddums day.

-----------------
Date
-----------------
Saturday November 14th

-----------------
Who's attending?
-----------------
Definitely-
Me
Tiddums
Crunchy
Marshy
Dazza (til 1630. Maybe after 2200)
Rezzles
Pirate man

----------------
Probably not coz he's a bit rude
----------------
Ahhnold

Token Appearance-
Blankcheck (Also later in the day)

-----------------
Where we at?
-----------------
Beer Deluxe for the first while then on to gameslab so y'all can get your nerd on.

-----------------
Time?
-----------------
1400-1500 I guess?

Also Tiddums will be abandoning us around 9pm to go on a date coz he's a bit of a cunt.

dity

But how do you feel about Gilmore Girls?

Guys, Jess has left now and Rory and Lorelei just got back from Europe and Rory is off to Yale soon :(

I've never been able to get into those kinds of shows, although the adverts on TV seem to keep me updated on Neighbours. I swear you could just follow that show from ads alone.

Got the plat for Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Bought it because people in this thread said it was good and because it was only $51 in that target eBay sale. People were right, that game is like top 3 in the whole series with how much I enjoyed it.
Thanks for all the social helix glitches!

It's seriously Arkham Syndicate. And I love. It.

Darren870

New page. New post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inaugural meet tiddums day.

-----------------
Date
-----------------
Saturday November 14th

-----------------
Who's attending?
-----------------
Definitely-
Me
Tiddums
Crunchy
Marshy
Dazza (til 1630. Maybe after 2200)
Rezzles
Pirate man

----------------
Probably not coz he's a bit rude
----------------
Ahhnold

Token Appearance-
Blankcheck (Also later in the day)

-----------------
Where we at?
-----------------
Beer Deluxe for the first while then on to gameslab so y'all can get your nerd on.

-----------------
Time?
-----------------
1400-1500 I guess?

Also Tiddums will be abandoning us around 9pm to go on a date coz he's a bit of a cunt.

So did he come to Melb for the date? or for AusGaf?

Axiom

I've not the foggiest idea where to begin with this, but I'm trying to get a ticket for UFC 193 in Melbourne.

I'm not too concerned with the seating being good, as if I were I'd have not left it to the last minute. It's more the fact I'd see Rousey live, but if I can get an okay seat for less than I'd pay from Ticketek all the better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've not the foggiest idea where to begin with this, but I'm trying to get a ticket for UFC 193 in Melbourne.

I'm not too concerned with the seating being good, as if I were I'd have not left it to the last minute. It's more the fact I'd see Rousey live, but if I can get an okay seat for less than I'd pay from Ticketek all the better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Keep an eye out on gumtree. That or try your luck on the day at the venue.

dity

Speaking of gumtree, I was thinking of sticking some bikes on there I no longer ride. I've never used it though as I've been big into Ebay, but I hear Gumtree is better for things like what I want to sell. What's selling on there like?

Cerity

Speaking of gumtree, I was thinking of sticking some bikes on there I no longer ride. I've never used it though as I've been big into Ebay, but I hear Gumtree is better for things like what I want to sell. What's selling on there like?

expect to be lowballed so adjust price accordingly.

Not everyone is going to show up even if they say they are, just say first in best dressed, there are a lot of time wasters.

It is pretty civil otherwise.

Lots of time wasters! Easiest to meet somewhere public I feel, more likely to tell you up front if they aren't going to turn up.

Zero cost which is great, also you don't have the refund process being completely in the favour of the buyer like it is on eBay.

from where can I get a Weber Baby Q cheaply ATM? Looking for the largest LPG model.

Downloading the new Xbox update, but jesus they hid it (didn't show up as an update when i turned the system on, I had to go hunting in the terrible, horrible and thankfully now obsolete front end.

Twilight Princess on Wii U next March! And ported in Melbourne.

Gazunta

MORE SMASH BROS IS BEST SMASH BROS YES

I introduced Shooty Skies to the wife last night, and that went down a treat. Someone at work is currently #7 on the world leaderboards and i really want to take his smug face DOWN. ><

Fredescu

from where can I get a Weber Baby Q cheaply ATM? Looking for the largest LPG model.

Probably the Ebay 20% off sale. Masters, BCF, and Rays Outdoors have them. By largest do you mean a baby Q (100 series) with a large lid, do you mean a family Q (300 series)? The former probably won't be on Ebay because that's Weber's clever way of getting smaller retailers to charge RRP. The latter with the smaller lid should be.

If you want an alternative, the house brand BBQs Galore (Ziegler & Brown) Q copy isn't bad, but they have pretty shitty customer service. Weber's CS is great.

Probably the Ebay 20% off sale. Masters, BCF, and Rays Outdoors have them. By largest do you mean a baby Q (100 series) with a large lid, do you mean a family Q (300 series)? The former probably won't be on Ebay because that's Weber's clever way of getting smaller retailers to charge RRP. The latter with the smaller lid should be.

If you want an alternative, the house brand BBQs Galore (Ziegler & Brown) Q copy isn't bad, but they have pretty shitty customer service. Weber's CS is great.

I'm looking for the largest baby Q which is the 3100/3200. Masters on ebay only has the natural gas version. But I see BCF on ebay has it so I might try there later. I'm actually going to take my folks to a Masters right now so I can look at one i n the flesh.

BCF stands for Bogans, Cunts and Fuck-knuckles so I've never been in one.

I did go to a BBQ Galore a year or so back and made the mistake of the engaging the salesman and he started rabbiting on about the Ziggies. Apart from having the lid up when you cook, there's no real compelling reason for the Z&B over a Weber.

quabba

I bought it in the same sale and only just booted it up last night (it took a full week to arrive which was when fallout came out). I played for an hour or two but was pretty happy with it. I loved ac2 and brotherhood but didn't like any of the others (skipped unity completely), so hopefully I'll enjoy this one.

Do any of you people with small humans struggle to get baby formula these days? (I think most of the humans you own are probably too old or you might not even use it aye)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom