• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My taxi driver just let go of his steering wheel, car still moving, looked towards some kind of religious place, did a few pray signs bowed his head for a second.. then went back to holding the steering wheel

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm starting to regret not buying tickets for UFC 193 and being available for this meetup.

If anyone's up for a Sydney meetup between now and the end of January let me know.

r1chard

Hey what's the cheapest method of getting a Gaming PC going, would finding a path to import pre-built from the US be cheaper than say Umart + Aussie Tax + GST prices?
Locally.

Local CMOT PC part suppliers (MSY, CPL, PCCG, etc.) have ridiculously low margins, so the "aussie tax" doesn't really come into it that much. Combined with the current exchange rate, and shipping, and paying GST on a >$1000 purchase, you're not going to win going to the US.

For example, at current exchange rate, an Intel i5 6600 will set you back AUD$326 from newegg, and that's before shipping and I assume GST since you'll need other parts also. You can get the same thing from any of those CMOT stores for $325.

Urgh. Somehow I missed that Tomb Raider was xbox exclusive for a while :( This is annoying, I even went to buy it!
Instead wasted my money buying amibo cards for Animal crossing :s
Anyone know how long until it comes out on PC/PS4?

If anyone's up for a Sydney meetup between now and the end of January let me know.

hmmm I might be heading down to sydney this summer depending on funds. Could be keen.

Urgh. Somehow I missed that Tomb Raider was xbox exclusive for a while :( This is annoying, I even went to buy it!
Instead wasted my money buying amibo cards for Animal crossing :s
Anyone know how long until it comes out on PC/PS4?

hmmm I might be heading down to sydney this summer depending on funds. Could be keen.
6 months until PC, 12 months until PS4. Microsoft paid them a ton of money.

so when I bought TR from Target with a coupon I got charged the full whack anyway

It's actually the first thing I've ever bought from ebay. What's the best way to deal with this or is there something I've missed?

in the Paypal balance summary it says AU$69 was taken out of my account even though the details, you can see where the coupon was applied but I was still charged $69

No, you were charged $55 and eBay covered the rest, look on the left side. Right side what Target are paid.

This question comes up every eBay sale tbh sorry.

I don't see it but I'll take your word for it. ta.
It might be easier to work out by your outstanding balance, harder though as it's coming out of a balance than another charge at your bank/CC though. That's how I worked it out previously, check what the actual charge was to me.

Not sure why PayPal lists it that way, CashRewards also lists at full price (which means more cash back thankfully!).

Ew what. That's... incredibly annoying. I wonder if the money will be enough to cover the losses.

Square had high expectations of the first game, I guess this was their way of hedging their bets. They really made it hard though, launching the same day as Fallout 4 after Halo 5 and BLOPS 3 just came out. I expect it struggled.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
y8IqUIB

The lack of image is frustrating me lol.

Also incoming melbgaf pics. I think I included everyone lol

lLxE3Yj.jpg

R1chard and his paddle beers. Dat chili...

T4ODleh.jpg

L-R- Marshmallow, TDM, (non gaffer lol), Pirate King, Holycheck, Cruncho, Lucian Cat.
Handsome bunch there.

aPVVmzc.jpg

Darren870, Marshmallow, Lucian Cat.

KhsHnKZ.jpg

Cruncho, Holycheck, Rezbits, Marshmallow.

AAEA1S9.jpg

TDM and his harem.

tesUxK3.jpg

Cruncho, Lucian Cat and Marshmallow.
Wee bit drunk by then lol.

Fun times. Home now

r1chard

Fun times indeed, thanks Lucian for the awesome photos!

Holy and marsh, I showed Abbey the cards I got yesterday from our session (not the starter deck - that's for her Birthday) and she did in fact lose her shit, as predicted. Also, we played a round with our current decks and that was when I remembered (through having it shoved in my face ;-) that she does have a Kyogre EX in her current deck. Beat me, of course, which was good for her :)

So thanks for the session yesterday, definitely fun and definitely gonna look into going to the regular session at Box Hill...

Prices are here but still waiting on Target & Big W.
Thanks rep, that's pretty cool, I haven't seen that site before. I used to use ecogamer back in the day but never really found a replacement after that died. Gamecafe was useful for comparing online prices, but if press-start is tracking the retail prices for big releases then that's great news :)

Thanks rep, that's pretty cool, I haven't seen that site before. I used to use ecogamer back in the day but never really found a replacement after that died. Gamecafe was useful for comparing online prices, but if press-start is tracking the retail prices for big releases then that's great news :)

Rep writes the bargains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom