• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

How the fuck does one re-scan for new TV channels on the Xbox One?

When I remove and re-add the TV listings it just uses the old ones, so all the Channel 9 stuff is fucked. 9HD is on the Go channel and Go is on the Extra channel.

=S

dity

How the fuck does one re-scan for new TV channels on the Xbox One?

When I remove and re-add the TV listings it just uses the old ones, so all the Channel 9 stuff is fucked. 9HD is on the Go channel and Go is on the Extra channel.

=S

Settings -> Tv and OneGuide -> Clear OneGuide?

Or is that what you're doing already?

Had a phone interview today. They called an hour early and I missed the call. I apologise when I called back, thinking I'd miscalculated the time difference and spend the rest of the call on the back foot.

It was only afterwards that I reviewed the confirmation email and yep, they screwed up the time (they called 2pm Perth time instead of 3pm as per their emakl). There's no profit in pointing out their mistake now, so I wrote a gracious and concise thank-you email that didn't mention it.

I don't think I got the job :(

dity

Tried that as well as removing the FreeView listing.
Maybe... Clear OneGuide, remove the usb adapter or hdmi source, hard reset (hold down on power button for 10 seconds, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on for cold boot), reinsert usb/hdmi and rescan?

Shaneus

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is up with TV programming? First I see ads for BBT "now on 9" and 7 is still broadcasting it. Then, last week 9 broadcast the Star Wars trilogy and now 7 are broadcasting it.

It's fucking weirding me out.

Rahk

i did not know there was a grill'd in sydney! :eek:

actually, there are heaps according to their site! i remember when you guys used to talk about it and it was like a bris/melb thing only. mega expansion yo
The one in Darling Harbour has been there for many years. Since before you left even. But yeah, there's a lot more now.

dity

I found out today I've been including Darling Harbour in Circular Quay when I talk about it lmao. Turns out Darling Harbour is my fav place in Sydney, not Circular Quay. Been going to Sydney for so long and I'm so silly.

That Connoisseur Cookies & Cream ice cream is quite something.
That shit's so expensive and good.

An expensive and good ice crram I've been enjoying lately is the Homer Hudson ice cream. The vanilla they do is amaazzziinnnggg!!!

Oh cool they got a website: http://homerhudson.com

Ingram

If you like coffee you owe it to yourself to give the cafe grande Connoisseur a try. Pretty good. I avoid buying Connoisseur tubs now because I have no self control.

I'm on the tail end of Jessica Jones and drinking some Wild Turkey. Played a bit of FO4 and did some house cleaning. I live such an exciting life!

N0VAM0D

Played a bit of FO4 and did some house cleaning. I live such an exciting life!

Sounds just like my day, but instead of playing FO4 I didn't play anything because my internet has been acting up all day while i've been trying to download Bloodborne DLC, agh!

Fredescu

I'm playing for reference rather than my own fun but it seems fine for a kids game though I can't really see the appeal of the Toy Box.

That's true, but I think it has a narrower appeal than Lego games generally. Infinity is a Kids Game, whereas Lego games could more accurately be described as family games. People like watching Lego games, they help in the puzzles, laugh at the humour, and so forth. Infinity is boring, bordering on grating, to watch.

What's been happening AusGAF? My life seems to have gone back to normal after 2 years of chaos. I might even post here on occasion for shits and giggles?

Hell yeah. I think you should mark your return by asking for your underscore back. Been playing any games of the digital kind lately?

Photo time now I have power back!

That looks terrifying, hope you're feeling ok.

Well thats the dumbest thing I've read in a while. What next Presidents Day?

I don't think it's that dumb, it's nice to have another time of the year when turkeys are easily available in shops. I'd be surprised if all (or even half) the people buying turkeys are doing it for thanksgiving.

Use CXMASTECH coupon at checkout to get the below prices on eBay. Free delivery if you spend $39+.

Xbox One with a game for $319 posted!
WiiU with Mario Maker for $319 posted
New 3DS is $158 posted
New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition with Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer game is $183 posted
PS4 controller is $59 posted
Wiimote+ is $55 posted

Amiibo Animal Crossing 3 pack is $39 posted
Amiibos are $13.60 before postage.
Disney Infinity figures are $11.20 before postage, power disc packs are $9.60 before postage.
Skylanders Superchargers figures are $11.20 before postage, vehicles are $12 before postage.
LEGO Dimensions level packs are $30.40 before postage, team packs are $24 before postage, fun packs are $16 before postage.

Guitar Hero Live pack is $95 posted
LEGO Dimensions pack is $95 posted
Disney Infinity 3.0 pack is $47 posted
Skylanders Superchargers pack is $47 posted

COD BLOPS3 for $55 posted
Fallout 4 for $51 posted
Rise of the Tomb Raider is $55 posted
Super Mario Maker is $51 posted
Mario Kart 8 is $44 posted
Splatoon for $51 posted
Bloodborne is $39 posted
Yoshi's Woolly World is $44 posted
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival pack is $55 posted
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is $51 posted
Legend Of Zelda Tri Force Heroes is $38 posted

Don't forget the extra 3% cashback through cashrewards.com.au

Target tend to restock often so keep checking back!

You can also get an Xbox One with Kinect & 5 games for $449 posted direct from Microsoft AU.

Mar

There's a name I haven't heard for a while. Did you end up buying a place in Newtown? Is that what the chaos was about, and I shouldn't have brought it up?

The chaos was mainly due to being dragged through hell at work for 2 years, working for probably - nay, definitely - the biggest asshole I have ever known in my entire 40 years of existence. I've since found a better job and have been there for 3 months now, and loving it.

The other aspect was, as you touched upon, the moving / buying situation. Newtown was just never going to happen. Sure we were saving a good amount of money, but the prices were skyrocketing so fast it didn't really matter how much we saved as it was constantly outpacing it. Then asshole neighbours moved in next to us and we found out our walls were thinner than we ever knew. Sharing a wall with people is fine when the people are normal, but if they are idiots? Well, it was time to expedite our purchasing plan.

If I couldn't buy in my preferred area of inner city, which we couldn't, I'd prefer to live somewhere green and nice. So we did the opposite and moved waaaay out, to Camden. It's really nice, great cafes and restaurants, a real sense of community (like Newtown), and a bit arty. The travel was a killer for a time, but I'm used to it now.

So yeah, new job, bought a place, moved, dealing with horrible people, getting involved in police (neighbours) and HR (work) meant a very interesting couple of years.

Life is normal and great now though!

Hell yeah. I think you should mark your return by asking for your underscore back. Been playing any games of the digital kind lately?

Heh, it took years to get rid of that underscore. Never again!

The only thing digital I've been playing other than retro games, is Bayonetta 2. It was a bit underwhelming unfortunately. I'm probably two thirds through and can't motivate myself to finish it. It's well done but just feels so similar to the first game, it doesn't feel like a new game... If that makes sense.

Other than that, pinball pinball pinball. It's all consuming.

The chaos was mainly due to being dragged through hell at work for 2 years, working for probably - nay, definitely - the biggest asshole I have ever known in my entire 40 years of existence. I've since found a better job and have been there for 3 months now, and loving it.

The other aspect was, as you touched upon, the moving / buying situation. Newtown was just never going to happen. Sure we were saving a good amount of money, but the prices were skyrocketing so fast it didn't really matter how much we saved as it was constantly outpacing it. Then asshole neighbours moved in next to us and we found out our walls were thinner than we ever knew. Sharing a wall with people is fine when the people are normal, but if they are idiots? Well, it was time to expedite our purchasing plan.

If I couldn't buy in my preferred area of inner city, which we couldn't, I'd prefer to live somewhere green and nice. So we did the opposite and moved waaaay out, to Camden. It's really nice, great cafes and restaurants, a real sense of community (like Newtown), and a bit arty. The travel was a killer for a time, but I'm used to it now.

So yeah, new job, bought a place, moved, dealing with horrible people, getting involved in police (neighbours) and HR (work) meant a very interesting couple of years.

Oh wow that sucks, glad to hear things have turned around!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-...-off-in-australia/6977804?WT.ac=statenews_nsw

Well thats the dumbest thing I've read in a while. What next Presidents Day?

Thankfully here at least despite the efforts of supermarkets Halloween hadn't taken off.

This just reminds me of the people dialling 911 rather than 000.

People eating Turkey other than just Christmas? Oh well.

sweet. asshole neighbours are assholes.

That's true, but I think it has a narrower appeal than Lego games generally. Infinity is a Kids Game, whereas Lego games could more accurately be described as family games. People like watching Lego games, they help in the puzzles, laugh at the humour, and so forth. Infinity is boring, bordering on grating, to watch..

I may not have the choice with playing Infinity. I lost interest in Lego D before I got to the end but I still have the Doctor Who level pack thing to try out when I have time next week.
I just want a Lego City Undercover sequel with
shorter loading times and the same level of everything is awesomeness

Fredescu

I just want a Lego City Undercover sequel with
shorter loading times and the same level of everything is awesomeness

Hell yeah. The funniest thing about 100%ing one save file and starting a new one was that right at the start when you build the computer in the police station Chase
makes a comment about how much he hates loading progress bars
. It was a mild "heh" when first hearing it, but the second time around it was amazing.

Axiom

I did some asking around at PAX but didn't have much luck, so I have a question for AusGaf.

I'm a graphic designer, but have found that I really enjoy UI/UX design. I'd like to get into it more formally for games/apps/software etc., but I cannot find any courses that offer it.

I've only seen it as a small part of a larger part of a game design course, which while interesting is an entirely different field.

As the only college who even got back to me was Evocca (who I'm seeing today, but have heard terrible things about) I'm feeling a bit lost.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Xbox One with a game for $319 posted!

I find it hard to believe (if not totally insane) that you can find deals like this on an XB1 but the biggest deal on a new PS3 500GB is around $299. But I figure that's more down to retailers wanting to get rid of all their preowned PS3 stock rather than drop the prices of new ones.

That said, if anyone sees a great deal on a PS3 or PS4 in the next few weeks let me know.

I find it hard to believe (if not totally insane) that you can find deals like this on an XB1 but the biggest deal on a new PS3 500GB is around $299. But I figure that's more down to retailers wanting to get rid of all their preowned PS3 stock rather than drop the prices of new ones.

That said, if anyone sees a great deal on a PS3 or PS4 in the next few weeks let me know.

Kmart had been clearing out all console stock lately. $220 X1's and $120 PS3's (12GB but still better than nothing). Maybe check your local!

But yeah the larger HDD units never seemed to go down, Sony must have weird margains on that one.

Rlan

Found this in the PikPok Office.

CUxxOzSUkAA6V6Y.jpg

Arksy

As an EB employee scrub, I can assure you that we have very little control over the price of consoles and what kind of bundles we get. The manufacturers basically tell us what we can bundle and that's basically it. The reason everyone accepts is because the manufacturers give a rebate on those particular bundles and so retailers are quick to jump at them. Even still, there's very little margin for retailers. It's cheap through ebay because ebay pays Target the difference and some of the big retailers sometimes sell it at a minor loss.

Glad to hear you're safe lucian and Mr. Tone's folks as well

They're half price at Coles right now ($4.84 for a 1 litre tub).

ooh nice thanks for the heads up

Chocolate Honey Nougat is the best flavour to me.

Love that shit. Woolworths seems to not stock that variety anymore so I have to go to Coles

If you like coffee you owe it to yourself to give the cafe grande Connoisseur a try. Pretty good. I avoid buying Connoisseur tubs now because I have no self control.

Will try that one. I also have no self control (eating a whole tub at a time fuck haha) but I haven't stopped yet.

Butterscotch and gingerbread is the business.

I liked it but not a lot

Best ice cream on the market is Connoisseur Himalayan Salted Chocolate with Vanilla and Almonds. It might just be my favourite ice cream of all time!

Ooh gotta try that one

Mr. Tone

Had to take back roads to get to tanunda. Daveyston road is still blocked off with burnt out cars. All the fields on the Sturt highway are black. Took all my strength to not cry on the way to work :(

Awful. Can you remember having any as bad as this? I figure I won't be seeing you tonight, then.

Shaneus

So, I have a PSTV!

It only cost me $40!

I can use the PSP USB charge cable I already have with it!

It's on a low firmware so I can do the "unlock all Vita content to play on PSTV" thing!

Happy days. TxK on a big screen will soon be a thing, as will Lumines ES.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Awful. Can you remember having any as bad as this? I figure I won't be seeing you tonight, then.
No never this bad. We've had a few grass fires and occasional shed. Nothing of this level of destruction.
Definitely not coming tonight. I'd love to but need to relax
That sounds so scary.
It is horrible. Hopefully they get the road cleared out soon so we can start going back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom