• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Lucian, you did really well getting through that. Now talk to someone even if it's just us chumps.

CLIVE! Have I taught you NOTHING?! "At supanova for three days" isn't HYPE ENOUGH. GET HYPED!

CLIVEPWNED - THE MAN FAMOUS ON THE INTERNET FOR DOING THOSE THINGS YOU LIKED - WILL BE AT SUPANOVA BRISBANE ALL WEEKEND! Yes! You asked, we delivered! Come see Clive at his awesome best entertaining the crowds and doing that stuff he's best known for! It's going to be the best thing happening in Brisbane all weekend, and if you don't live in Brisbane then you should probably start drinking to drown out your sorrows or get your ass on a plane NOW and join in on the fun!

There, suitably hyped.

See you tomorrow!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
On the plus side the daveyston road was open. On the bad side it brought back memories and was still full of burnt out cars.
TDM is my rock tonight.

Gazunta

Top work TDM :)

Guys, I'd love to hear your suggestions for what games the Game Review System Twitter Bot can add to its 100% ethical and objective game review system.

Kritz

Banned
I figured with all this chat Adam would be on the mainland but I believe I awkwardly spied him on the bridge. 💁

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Eshop sales:

40% off of all the following:

Wiiu: super Mario 3d world, wonderful 101
3ds: super Mario 3d land, puzzles and dragons

Lucian, you did really well getting through that. Now talk to someone even if it's just us chumps.

CLIVE! Have I taught you NOTHING?! "At supanova for three days" isn't HYPE ENOUGH. GET HYPED!

CLIVEPWNED - THE MAN FAMOUS ON THE INTERNET FOR DOING THOSE THINGS YOU LIKED - WILL BE AT SUPANOVA BRISBANE ALL WEEKEND! Yes! You asked, we delivered! Come see Clive at his awesome best entertaining the crowds and doing that stuff he's best known for! It's going to be the best thing happening in Brisbane all weekend, and if you don't live in Brisbane then you should probably start drinking to drown out your sorrows or get your ass on a plane NOW and join in on the fun!

There, suitably hyped.

See you tomorrow!

tumblr_nef0g0NRca1tvhs57o7_250.gif

;)

dinopoke

I did some asking around at PAX but didn't have much luck, so I have a question for AusGaf.

I'm a graphic designer, but have found that I really enjoy UI/UX design. I'd like to get into it more formally for games/apps/software etc., but I cannot find any courses that offer it.

I've only seen it as a small part of a larger part of a game design course, which while interesting is an entirely different field.

As the only college who even got back to me was Evocca (who I'm seeing today, but have heard terrible things about) I'm feeling a bit lost.

For games specifically, the closest you'll find are the game design courses since it's quite a niche and specialized subject. For something in general, you might be interested in this. I'm not sure if any other universities offer anything similar though.

I did some asking around at PAX but didn't have much luck, so I have a question for AusGaf.

I'm a graphic designer, but have found that I really enjoy UI/UX design. I'd like to get into it more formally for games/apps/software etc., but I cannot find any courses that offer it.

I've only seen it as a small part of a larger part of a game design course, which while interesting is an entirely different field.

As the only college who even got back to me was Evocca (who I'm seeing today, but have heard terrible things about) I'm feeling a bit lost.

rather than Evocca, I'd look at AIE, SAE or QANTM.

But maybe look for your local IGDA chapter and see when they have meetups where you can network and ask people there, same with Unity dev meetups.
It may have changed, but on the last gen of consoles, many games used UI stuff designed in Flash and played back ingame by a third party middleware package called Scaleform.

You could also learn how to do UI in Unity or Unreal (Unity is probably a better starting point for a beginner). Lots of tutes online.

Ingram

I'd love to buy some games from the US PSN Flash Sale but I'm so hot and cold on gaming these days. I'm only 16H into FO4! Yet here I am wanting both Wolfenstein's and Witcher 3.

Grrrr!

Ingram

Just ordered a WiiU with Splatoon/MK8 from Big W Ebay for $350 for my partners Xmas. She knows it's coming. I also got her some Wiiu games back in August for her Bday with the promise that Santa was bringing a WiiU. I also plan on grabbing Xenoblade for her too.

6 WiiU games straight up should keep her pretty damn busy methinks. She'll stay away from the PS4 until Persona 5 then :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pikmin 3 and donkeykong freezeland 40% off on wiiu today and donkeykong country returns 3d 40% off on 3ds

Good purchases ingram!

Cerity

Looks like you can get dying light (steam) from COTD for $5 if you make an account through the app ($5 off) and use visa checkout ($20 off $30 purchase). You don't need a visa card to use visa checkout either, I used mastercard with it.

Looks like you can get dying light (steam) from COTD for $5 if you make an account through the app ($5 off) and use visa checkout ($20 off $30 purchase). You don't need a visa card to use visa checkout either, I used mastercard with it.

Do you have to sign up for the free trial of 'Club Catch'?

EDIT: Did it; went through Visa checkout setup despite probably never using it again. Oh well, thanks for bargain alert Cerity!

Did you get your code? The page says it may take up to 3 days in one section and anywhere between 12/12 and 26/12 in another!

I don't want to turn off the auto-renewal until I get the code.

Shaneus

Just tried the gingerbread and butterscotch ice-cream. Holy shit it's amazing, but it's goddamn potent, you only need a little bit. Very filling but really, really nice.

Cerity

Did you get your code? The page says it may take up to 3 days in one section and anywhere between 12/12 and 26/12 in another!

I don't want to turn off the auto-renewal until I get the code.

Not yet, I think the 12/12 - 26/12 date is just for their other stuff that's on sale that's from the same warehouse. If not I can wait until then, it's $5 + I have plenty of other games that need playing :p

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Butterscotch and gingerbread is the business.

Just tried the gingerbread and butterscotch ice-cream. Holy shit it's amazing, but it's goddamn potent, you only need a little bit. Very filling but really, really nice.

I picked up some today. Really good stuff.

I wish there were more Connoisseur ice cream varieties without nuts in them (the taste of nuts makes me retch - and vomit if the taste is strong enough), but cookies & cream + butterscotch & gingerbread is more than enough for me. The Belgian Chocolate is good as well.

My girlfriend and I have dropped at least $30 on ice cream this week.

Fusebox

Banned
Urgh, I impulse bought a bunch of Lego Dimensions stuff yesterday from K-Mart. Got the starter pack for $99 and the BttF and Simpsons level packs and the Bart fun pack.

Really keen to get the Doctor Who and Ghostbuster packs, haven't seen them on sale anywhere yet though.

Urgh, I impulse bought a bunch of Lego Dimensions stuff yesterday from K-Mart. Got the starter pack for $99 and the BttF and Simpsons level packs and the Bart fun pack.

Really keen to get the Doctor Who and Ghostbuster packs, haven't seen them on sale anywhere yet though.

Ghostbusters isn't out yet but Dr Who should be floating around, I think Target has the same $38 price on the level packs atm.

Shaneus

Oh I can only imagine how strong that stuff would be!
Yup, rich as hell. Only two or three spoonfuls in the dessert bowls looked really piddly, but we couldn't fit any more in. Ridiculous, but really nice. Probably wouldn't be out of place in a gourmet restaurant with other weird shit on the plate to offset it like bacon or flowers or something.

Supanova over. Thank fuck.

The best bit was the Cosplay. Best cosplay were the family who dressed as Jawas, they lost the cosplay prize because the judges couldn't work out which Harley Quinn or Deadpool they were meant to be.

I bought a bag of those stringy sour sweets. fuck, I'm dead.

Fredescu

Urgh, I impulse bought a bunch of Lego Dimensions stuff yesterday from K-Mart.

Your eldest is around 4 or 5 by now right? I reckon they'll love it. My son loves the builds. It's his first encounter with real Lego. The best thing about it is the vehicles are all three in one builds. So you play a bit to earn enough studs and gold bricks to upgrade your vehicle to the next level and you basically unlock the instruction manual to build the next form of the same vehicle.

If you can see yourself playing it this way, I'd recommend unlocking the studs x2 red brick first before buying anything else.

I got some unopened packs really cheaply from Gumtree on the weekend, $100 for 5 fun packs, 2 team packs and 2 level packs. We only play once my daughter has gone to bed, so we probably have enough to keep us building for a couple of months.

Looks like Target Ebay still have a few fun packs in stock that qualify for the 20% discount too: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Target-Australia?_nkw=lego+dimensions&submit=

I'd love to buy some games from the US PSN Flash Sale but I'm so hot and cold on gaming these days. I'm only 16H into FO4! Yet here I am wanting both Wolfenstein's and Witcher 3.

Grrrr!

I bought both. Can't speak on Witcher 3, but I played a few hours of Wolfenstein yesterday and it's pretty amazing! Absolutely definitely easily worth the price so just buy it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom