• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
Your eldest is around 4 or 5 by now right? I reckon they'll love it. My son loves the builds. It's his first encounter with real Lego. The best thing about it is the vehicles are all three in one builds. So you play a bit to earn enough studs and gold bricks to upgrade your vehicle to the next level and you basically unlock the instruction manual to build the next form of the same vehicle.

If you can see yourself playing it this way, I'd recommend unlocking the studs x2 red brick first before buying anything else.

I got some unopened packs really cheaply from Gumtree on the weekend, $100 for 5 fun packs, 2 team packs and 2 level packs. We only play once my daughter has gone to bed, so we probably have enough to keep us building for a couple of months.

Looks like Target Ebay still have a few fun packs in stock that qualify for the 20% discount too: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Target-Australia?_nkw=lego+dimensions&submit=

Thx Fred! Yep she's 4 now.

We're a bit over Amiibos, they just don't do have enough uses and out of all the Disney Infinity characters she has she just uses her same favourite ones over and over so out of all the toys-to-life genre Dimensions really does look like the best by far. Gonna wrap it all up and wait until Xmas though.

Fredescu

Lumia 950 preorders for Optus are up, you get a free 1TB Xbox One + Fifa bundle.

https://offer.optus.com.au/microsoft/

Not that anybody here gives a shit.

Seems like you could get the $80 plan, sell the Xbox for $300, sell the phone for $600, and have an 8GB/month plan for $1020 over 24 months, or roughly $42.5/month? That works out cheaper than their SIM only $60/month 7GB plan over 24 months, even with the 6 months half price factored in (so roughly $1260 over 24 months).

Rezbit

Seems like you could get the $80 plan, sell the Xbox for $300, sell the phone for $600, and have an 8GB/month plan for $1020 over 24 months, or roughly $42.5/month? That works out cheaper than their SIM only $60/month 7GB plan over 24 months, even with the 6 months half price factored in (so roughly $1260 over 24 months).

Off to OzBargain with you.

jambo

A friend of mine had Windows Phone for almost 2 years and then went Android.

She downloaded so many apps in that first week on Android.

dity

My mother seems interested in the Lumia 950 for the Continuum thing. She doesn't used her desktop too much for anything other than photos, Facebook, and email so it could be a "two birds with one stone" situation for her.

jambo

http://www.iinet.net.au/gamesonnet/

XgiF5uL.jpg

Suddenly there's like 800 games on sale I'm contemplating. Already picked up Wolfenstein, Battlefield 4 and Witcher 3. Now I can get Tearaway for $24 and Until Dawn for $31 from JB and Big W. Shieeeeettttt what am I meant to do?

hamchan

Suddenly there's like 800 games on sale I'm contemplating. Already picked up Wolfenstein, Battlefield 4 and Witcher 3. Now I can get Tearaway for $24 and Until Dawn for $31 from JB and Big W. Shieeeeettttt what am I meant to do?

Buy them all and leave it on the shelf for years.

Gazunta

Fuck shelves, just put them straight in a box and leave them in a cupboard somewhere until you move house, what kind of soft gamers are you

jambo

I'm actually shocked at how much Fallout 4 I'm playing.

Most of this year has been CSGO, Super Mario Maker and puzzle games, with a bunch of AA and AAA games being pre-loaded on my PC and then never launched.

Wait for the film crew for Hoarders to come and film an episode at your place.
They're doing my place this week so they should be free after that.

dity

Really digging those new X-tra Long chicken sandwiches they're doing at Hungry Jack's. The seasoning they use on the patty tastes real nice, and it's cheaper than a McChicken from Maccas on its own.

dity

Yup, rich as hell. Only two or three spoonfuls in the dessert bowls looked really piddly, but we couldn't fit any more in. Ridiculous, but really nice. Probably wouldn't be out of place in a gourmet restaurant with other weird shit on the plate to offset it like bacon or flowers or something.

Ice cream and bacon is a surprisingly good combo, honestly.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

My friends joke that I'm going to be a main star of a digital storage version of Hoarders. 4TB NAS and like a dozen 3.5" drives and portables (and growing). Gotta make sure your shit's backed up and archived correctly. Who knows, maybe financial_plan_2003.txt might be needed someday.

That and - as well as ripping all my console games and Blu-ray movies - I decided last year to archive my PC disc-based games, especially the ones that aren't available on digital platforms. Gotta keep AvP2 and other forgotten games alive somehow. Once I get back to the UK I'll look into finding and archiving more PC games.

Shaneus

Ice cream and bacon is a surprisingly good combo, honestly.
Oh, I know! The inference was more that it is so rich it could be used to balance it out.

There's a place in Melbourne where I've had... um... I think it was blueberry and ricotta hotcakes with bacon icecream. It blew my tastebuds away.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My friends joke that I'm going to be a main star of a digital storage version of Hoarders. 4TB NAS and like a dozen 3.5" drives and portables (and growing). Gotta make sure your shit's backed up and archived correctly. Who knows, maybe financial_plan_2003.txt might be needed someday.

That and - as well as ripping all my console games and Blu-ray movies - I decided last year to archive my PC disc-based games, especially the ones that aren't available on digital platforms. Gotta keep AvP2 and other forgotten games alive somehow. Once I get back to the UK I'll look into finding and archiving more PC games.

Keep it all.

I've got MSN logs going back to the early 2000s, you don't throw that stuff away.

dity

$29 for Tearaway with little plushie at Target instore!

CVC4FjcUsAIXY3T.jpg:large
CVDBzxRVAAEqHe6.jpg

This is adorable. Might buy this for my partner for Christmas. We're having a "buy lots of random games for each other" Christmas. There's a lot of presents under the tree already.

Oh, I know! The inference was more that it is so rich it could be used to balance it out.

There's a place in Melbourne where I've had... um... I think it was blueberry and ricotta hotcakes with bacon icecream. It blew my tastebuds away.

Oh damn, we have something similar here in Wollongong. It's called "Humber" and they do blueberry and ricotta pancakes with bacon and ice cream, it's awesome. They also used to do pancakes, banana, bacon, maple, with ice cream but it disappeared from the menu. Might not have been hip and new-age enough, or something. Too normal, I guess.

Shaneus

Oh damn, we have something similar here in Wollongong. It's called "Humber" and they do blueberry and ricotta pancakes with bacon and ice cream, it's awesome. They also used to do pancakes, banana, bacon, maple, with ice cream but it disappeared from the menu. Might not have been hip and new-age enough, or something. Too normal, I guess.
If you're ever in Melbourne, try Two Little Pigs charcuterie on Sydney Rd in Brunswick:
oOFy05Q.png

(not my photo)

PS. Best burger in Melbourne by far can be found at Dude Food Man in Essendon. Not a big variety, but what they do can't be beat. Not too big, juicy but not greasy and shit doesn't drip everywhere.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Keep it all.

I've got MSN logs going back to the early 2000s, you don't throw that stuff away.

My last PC hard drive failure (everything lost, nothing salvageable) was in August/September 2001. I've been able to retain a lot of stuff since then. Most stuff I've lost since then was game saves and other stuff I deleted to clear up space. I've still got ICQ logs from 2001 and 2002 and random screenshots from back then as well.

The main thing I wish I kept was my RPGMaker 2000 game. I accidentally forgot to back it up when I reinstalled Windows at the end of 2004.

My main concern is that my backups from back then are incredibly fragmented across my drives and NAS. I always mean to "streamline" my backups to prevent duplication, but it would take some time.

Is Darren870 around? I'm looking at travelling to the UK in late January and was wondering if he had any suggestions for Premium Economy.

Or did Death never return from Europe and Dags is assisting police with their inquiries?

Fuck shelves, just put them straight in a box and leave them in a cupboard somewhere until you move house, what kind of soft gamers are you

Keep it all.

My last PC hard drive failure (everything lost, nothing salvageable) was in August/September 2001. I've been able to retain a lot of stuff since then. Most stuff I've lost since then was game saves and other stuff I deleted to clear up space. I've still got ICQ logs from 2001 and 2002 and random screenshots from back then as well.

The main thing I wish I kept was my RPGMaker 2000 game. I accidentally forgot to back it up when I reinstalled Windows at the end of 2004.

My main concern is that my backups from back then are incredibly fragmented across my drives and NAS. I always mean to "streamline" my backups to prevent duplication, but it would take some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqhiv64E_fQ

quabba

Is the Until Dawn deal already dead? I can't find it on the Big W ebay store.

This is adorable. Might buy this for my partner for Christmas. We're having a "buy lots of random games for each other" Christmas. There's a lot of presents under the tree already.

I work, like, two blocks away from there. How many GongGaffers around? Also totally picking up that Tearaway + plushy tomorrow.

dity

I work, like, two blocks away from there. How many GongGaffers around? Also totally picking up that Tearaway + plushy tomorrow.
I've been job searching for years, so I work no blocks from there. x.x

Anyway, yeah. Lived here since 2011. It's a nice city, love the thursday food markets at Crown Street.

I've been job searching for years, so I work no blocks from there. x.x

Anyway, yeah. Lived here since 2011. It's a nice city, love the thursday food markets at Crown Street.

I got really lucky actually, friend of a friend opened up a cafe on corner of Market and Corrimal weeks before I started at uni. And yeah those markets are great, nice variety of stuff, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom