• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

Probably all by Fredescu!

If you're interested, I can do a package deal on a 700D, Xbox One, and Lumia phone.

Those listings are probably mostly DSE employees. They're not to blame. The real villains are the companies that advertise these huge sales to get you in the door and there's nothing there when the store opens. I'm not sure how much of the DSE thing is that vs a leaked clearance list. If it's the former, that's pretty much illegal. If it's the latter, I mean, I guess it sucks that you missed out in a cool cheap thing but there's no one to complain to really. If you really want a 700D, get one now while the market is flooded with onsellers I guess.

If you're interested, I can do a package deal on a 700D, Xbox One, and Lumia phone.

Those listings are probably mostly DSE employees. They're not to blame. The real villains are the companies that advertise these huge sales to get you in the door and there's nothing there when the store opens. I'm not sure how much of the DSE thing is that vs a leaked clearance list. If it's the former, that's pretty much illegal. If it's the latter, I mean, I guess it sucks that you missed out in a cool cheap thing but there's no one to complain to really. If you really want a 700D, get one now while the market is flooded with onsellers I guess.

Which Lumia

How much

:p

Shaneus

Wow, look at all those Canon 700D cameras mysteriously popping up on Gumtree as "unwanted gifts" today:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-canon+700d/k0?fromSearchBox=true

Just a coincidence that they turned up there straight after Dick Smith's sale, I'm sure.
You must be new to sales. I've only ever been lucky in finding one thing at DSE for cheap when I wanted it, and that was a Logitech G27 wheel out at Waurn Ponds. Bought one for my brother and one for me, every other time it's been the trusty bait and switch.

Same thing happened with Big W and those stupidly cheap consoles, too. Xbox One's appearing all over the place and the same few games appearing over and over.

Edit: Oh, that sale was yesterday :(

Yrael

You must be new to sales. I've only ever been lucky in finding one thing at DSE for cheap when I wanted it, and that was a Logitech G27 wheel out at Waurn Ponds. Bought one for my brother and one for me, every other time it's been the trusty bait and switch.

Same thing happened with Big W and those stupidly cheap consoles, too. Xbox One's appearing all over the place and the same few games appearing over and over.

Edit: Oh, that sale was yesterday :(

A family member actually did manage to track down two Canon 700D twin kit sets yesterday, but she's not selling them online - one is for her partner, and I think the other might be going under the Christmas tree as a present for me. Squee! I've been wanting to jump into the DSLR game for a while, but haven't bought one yet...I think this'll be a good starting point. The camera I've been using for years is a Canon Powershot SX30 IS, which is a bridge camera.

(She was ridiculously lucky though...people stormed the stores early and everything was mostly gone by 11am. The only reason she got the first 700D twin kit was because someone had left a hold on it at a Dick Smith store but failed to pick it up, and the second because JB Hi Fi was willing to price match their last kit.)

Darren870

How much were the kits? I should probably start thinking about gifts for Xmas. Doesn't help the missus bday is 5 days after too..

Good news — I graduated last night, ahh! I'm now a certified graphic designer. I'm so damn happy! I'll post up my links and everything as soon as I'm content with my websites and all that, which should hopefully be by the end of today or tomorrow. Now I'm just incredibly excited to continue building my skills and grow as a designer. There's so much to learn and experiment with, and I'm really looking forward to what the future brings!

I give a fuck about an Oxford comma

Congrats!

Yrael

How much were the kits? I should probably start thinking about gifts for Xmas. Doesn't help the missus bday is 5 days after too..

The Canon 700D twin lens kits were $299 and the Nikon D3200 twin lens kits were $249, after cashback (down from about $900-$1000). I'm not sure if there would be any left now though...maybe if someone had a hold on one but didn't pick it up? I think some stores are still selling the camera body only (still heavily discounted).

There are probably going to be big discounts at Dick Smith over the next few days, because they're in a bit of financial trouble. Today it looks like there are discounts on a few TVs, smartphones, laptops and tablets.

Good news — I graduated last night, ahh! I'm now a certified graphic designer. I'm so damn happy! I'll post up my links and everything as soon as I'm content with my websites and all that, which should hopefully be by the end of today or tomorrow. Now I'm just incredibly excited to continue building my skills and grow as a designer. There's so much to learn and experiment with, and I'm really looking forward to what the future brings!

Congratulations!

jambo

Congratulations!

I look forward to your Clients From Hell contributions.

dity

Good job! My partner is studying graphic design but she's getting really sick of all the group work her subjects makes her do. It's like they take projects for one person and stupidly split them up in a way that just makes things terrible.

Darren870

That is a great deal! I was thinking of getting them missus a new camera since hers in on the way out. Would have gotten one for that price!

I'll have to keep a look out I guess, maybe costco will drop the prices a bit.

That news is awesome, brilliant, and cool.

Fusebox

Banned
That is a great deal! I was thinking of getting them missus a new camera since hers in on the way out. Would have gotten one for that price!

I'll have to keep a look out I guess, maybe costco will drop the prices a bit.

I was the first person through the doors at Sydney CBD DSE and they didn't have any stock of anything.

Got 2 Vita games at Dick Smith, better than nothing lol

Yeah but it's the butchered editions, right? I bought the Blu-rays but still have them in the shrink wrap, I can't bring myself to watch the butchered versions.

Anyone who's a big Stars Wars fan should check out Harmy's Despecialized Editions.

Yup butchered. I don't mind that much though tbh. Most of the changes are shit but the good stuff still shines.

Harmy's can be hard to find since there is no official source >_<
I *think* I've got them though, either that or something similar.

What Vita games did you get Rep?

#buyavita

Glad you asked Gaz!

#buyavita

I bought Assassins Creed 3 Liberation for only $5!

Assassin%27s_Creed_III_Liberation_Cover_Art.jpg

Designed exclusively for the PlayStation Vita system, you’ll take full advantage of the Playstation Vita system’s dual touchpads, motion detection, and built-in camera to execute slow-motion chain kills, pickpocket unsuspecting victims, and pursue your enemies in a canoe!

This is no mere port; it’s an immersive experience designed purely for the PlayStation Vita system!

Feast your eyes on a richly detailed world, thanks to an all-new game engine featuring groundbreaking physics, animations, and a new combat system! Outmaneuver your enemies in the Louisiana Bayou with an innovative tree navigation system, then eliminate them from above with deadly precision! Dive deep underwater as you search lost Mayan treasures, but stay alert; the hostile wilderness and humid swamps are full of menacing animals!

I was also blessed enough to find LittleBigPlanet for Vita for only $5!

LBP_Vita_Boxart.jpg

Explore a quirky new adventure that mixes classic LittleBigPlanet platforming with innovative touch-based mini-games!

Accompanied by a cast of lovable characters – and equipped with a host of useful gadgets – Sackboy sets off to unravel the mysteries of Carnivalia and foil The Puppeteer’s dastardly plans by restoring joy to LittleBigPlanet!

Set across five themed areas, each jam-packed with unique levels, games and hilarious cutscenes, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita brings a fresh, storyline-driven element to the smash-hit series of games that has brought a community of millions together!

#buyavita

Wow, look at the next batch of upcoming Vita exclusives! What a breadth of content!
sdalkdsgnnos1z.png

Buy a Vita!?!

Yup butchered. I don't mind that much though tbh. Most of the changes are shit but the good stuff still shines.

Harmy's can be hard to find since there is no official source >_<
I *think* I've got them though, either that or something similar.
The official Facebook page for the Despecialized Editions can tell you where to find them. If you own the Blu-rays you should be fine to get them, if not it would be piracy. I only bought the Blu-rays once I heard about Harmy's versions (the Blu-rays are $25 each for the steelbook versions at JB Hifi), just so that I could legally watch Harmy's versions.

The Facebook page also has an explanation of the project, comparison pics, etc. I wouldn't mind if the changes were just cleaning up effects shots, but they're all so fucking grotesque and nonsensical. If you look at a list of all of the stupid changes it will blow your mind!

Assassins creed anything isn't worth wasting time on. Such a horrible series in my experience.
Liberation is pretty great!

The official Facebook page for the Despecialized Editions can tell you where to find them. If you own the Blu-rays you should be fine to get them, if not it would be piracy. I only bought the Blu-rays once I heard about Harmy's versions (the Blu-rays are $25 each for the steelbook versions at JB Hifi), just so that I could legally watch Harmy's versions.

The Facebook page also has an explanation of the project, comparison pics, etc. I wouldn't mind if the changes were just cleaning up effects shots, but they're all so fucking grotesque and nonsensical. If you look at a list of all of the stupid changes it will blow your mind!
Yay, Facebook is finally worthwhile! Thanks for that :)

Work computer was connected to monitor by VGA through a DVI converter outputting at 1920x1200. Why do good people do bad things
Now at 1080p through HDMI. Feel like I've been given the gift of vision again.

Fredescu

Wow, what an opportunity. If Street Fighter was a significant influence on my life, I would be on the phone to Mark in Runcorn, QLD right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom