• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheaty's got a bunch of new beers coming out in the next few weeks, including this guy. I might just head up there this weekend...
So THAT'S what Cavalier have been up to, eh? They've been quiet recently. Could work with a really dry stout.

The Yeastie Boys tea beer (Gunnamatta) is brilliant.

psycho

nauts

twooooooooooooooooooooo
I know, right?!

... but, asking for $3.3m and it really seems like they're using it to push Fig.

But, Psychonauts 2!

Deeku

I bought it for a similar price online a while ago

It's ok, battle system is interesting and super fast. it's a shame i kinda forgot about it after mgs came out. definitely worth checking out for that price!

Golnei

I'm kind of in two minds about Type-0 - since the PSP version, I've thought about it as something I might sort of want to play, but there's a lot about it that makes me hesitate as well - the structure (time management...), the shallow/irritating characters, the mess of a narrative, the uneven art direction of the port that puts modern assets up against PSP models, the abysmal voice direction (even by S-E standards), RTS segments, the amount of characters to grind, Emina...

I still do want to play it eventually, but it's not much of a priority.

I went to the shops early to buy Xenoblade Chronicles X. My local Target and Big W don't have it yet (not just on shelves, I asked). Target person said they get things a few days after release. Other shops aren't open yet.

Getting it in stock the day of release is important!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I went to the shops early to buy Xenoblade Chronicles X. My local Target and Big W don't have it yet (not just on shelves, I asked). Target person said they get things a few days after release. Other shops aren't open yet.

Getting it in stock the day of release is important!

Did you download the datapacks??

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, up until 2 minutes ago, I thought that this "creed" movie some of you kept discussing... was about the band.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I can't believe people are going to give more money to double fine so they can put out another mediocre title, like the other 100% of their games.

I don't think Uncharted 4 looks graphically great going by that character introduction, I'm fairly certain the faces from Crysis look better, Unless people dig that waxed look.

I need a new Hobby, I might take up cooking..

SPgYLns.jpg

7UwAfnn.jpg

Suck it.

Just a 251 in 1 JAMMA multicart. For some reason it doesn't render 4 columns of pixels on the left of the screen and it kills my ocd. I would like to get around to getting a real board one day.

I can't believe people are going to give more money to double fine so they can put out another mediocre title, like the other 100% of their games.

The most hilarious thing is they are doing it on Fig which Tim Schafer is an adviser on.

It's also funny how if you want to go the investment route and drop $500 in it for profit sharing the game will need to make $14,188,036 for you to get your initial $500 back?

I liked the first half of Broken Age. I'm happy to grab Psychonauts 2 but not until it actually releases. Hell it'll probably end up being the free GwG or PS+ game of the month it launches.

I am definitely concerned Double Fine won't be around long enough to finish the game more than anything though.

Darren870

Astrocity is a great cab. Top notch! I had one in the states, I can't even imagine how much that would cost here!

Also had a neocandy too, which I loved dearly. Problem is you can start to spend money and fast on boards and carts.

legend166

So I think with the Xenoblade data packs I'll finally need to get an external HDD for my Wii U and stop using this 32gb USB drive.

What seems to be annoying is that external HDDs never seem to get super cheap, they only get larger in size.

Nintendo recommend using one with AC power right?

Astrocity is a great cab. Top notch! I had one in the states, I can't even imagine how much that would cost here!

Also had a neocandy too, which I loved dearly. Problem is you can start to spend money and fast on boards and carts.

My brother and I picked it up not working on Gumtree for an ok price. Was in a pretty sorry state and I have since replaced all the buttons and sticks to original Sanwa and Seimatsu and had to send the monitor chasis off to a guy in Perth to get the screen going again. Also bought an original Japanses coin slot from the UK because the last one was cigarette burned, apparently normal for Asian arcades where they use the coin slot to hold their ciggies while playing. Crazy expensive hobby though to buy original PCBs, I have no idea how people own more than one. Still cheaper than pinball though :p.

Darren870

Yea, that's a lot of work! In the states my neo candy was like $500 USD delivered to my door from across the country. Astrocity would have been $700 if I remember. Didn't have to do much besides a little cosmetic.

Was a good hobby, but yea it gets expensive!!

Deeku

Lttp embracing digital:

So I'm packing for my trip back to Syd, all I can say is....fuck physical games/media/books! I think i'm gonna start going digital everything unless it's something I really really like. Owning lots of crap was cool but now that I'm jumping around from time to time all this crap is just a pain in the butt!

I have two leftover $30 psn cards (AU). $48 for the pair!

Still got them.

Lttp embracing digital:

So I'm packing for my trip back to Syd, all I can say is....fuck physical games/media/books! I think i'm gonna start going digital everything unless it's something I really really like. Owning lots of crap was cool but now that I'm jumping around from time to time all this crap is just a pain in the butt!

The key thing is to follow through with the decluttering urge.

Sweet arcade cab set up.

Bought Fallout 4 from Target; few hours in and I feel like a complete fool. Really dislike the game. Can't return opened games to Target but selling on ebay is such a pain :(

Mr. Tone

I've always said that I waste too much of my life sleeping, this heat is just making sure I don't do any of that any more.
whyyyyyy

mandiller

So I think with the Xenoblade data packs I'll finally need to get an external HDD for my Wii U and stop using this 32gb USB drive.

What seems to be annoying is that external HDDs never seem to get super cheap, they only get larger in size.

Nintendo recommend using one with AC power right?

Yes Nintendo recommend a hdd with external power. But I'm using a thin little seagate drive with no power supply. The trick is you need to buy a USB Y-cable so you can plug the hdd into both usb ports on the back of the console. It will give it the extra power it needs to work correctly. Umart is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom