• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I've started watching X Files for the first time because I was interested in that new multi-episode thing that they're doing soon and am currently half-way through season 3 I think, enjoying it so far. Just wish there were more episodes to do with the central plot, really. Ah well, will probably watch all the rest of the show if only to be absolutely sure I can view the new episodes confident I understand everything.

The Giant

Banned
Haha, I've started watching X Files for the first time because I was interested in that new multi-episode thing that they're doing soon and am currently half-way through season 3 I think, enjoying it so far. Just wish there were more episodes to do with the central plot, really. Ah well, will probably watch all the rest of the show if only to be absolutely sure I can view the new episodes confident I understand everything.

X-Files is about 60% monster of the week episodes and 40% mythology arc. In season 10 only 2 episodes will be part of the mythology arc while the remaining 4 episodes are monster of the week.

MOTW episodes end up being a lot better than the mythology ones IMO.

Make sure to watch the movies too!

Stackboy

MOTW episodes end up being a lot better than the mythology ones IMO.

Make sure to watch the movies too!

What seasons do the movies fit into? I'm only just up to season 2, I watch too many tv shows at the same time.

I'm still in the first season of Gilmore Girls

How come I can't just stay at home and play Fallout 4?

What seasons do the movies fit into? I'm only just up to season 2, I watch too many tv shows at the same time.

I'm still in the first season of Gilmore Girls

How come I can't just stay at home and play Fallout 4?
First movie is between 5 and 6. Last movie is a sequel to the series.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sweet

KLYOCh5.jpg

Jezabel

High chance I'll be sent to live in the suburb of baldivis, Perth next year, what am I in for? Is Perth a craphole as I've heard?

Darren870

I remember when I used to be the youngest for everything. Even at work, was always like 5 or 6 years younger then my peers.

I actually think I still am the youngest on my team of 20 though. Thats a plus...

(I'm 30)

Shaneus

Anyone here any good with real estate shenanigans? Basically the fiancee got an offer for her place last week, she accepted, and only *now* has she been told that there's no actual deposit, but a deposit bond (they're different things). Meaning we don't get to see any deposit money at all, which is shitty because we were hoping for it before Christmas. To top it all off, there's correspondence from the conveyancer saying she would accept a deposit bond when she never said anything like that at all :/

Anyone?

Fredescu

Yeah you wouldn't normally get any actual money until settlement. You would have to make special arrangements to get it beforehand. In the case of a normal deposit, that would usually go into a trust account set up by the solicitors until settlement. It sounds like a deposit bond is just the bank saying "yeah they're good for it" so it should be the same thing to you come settlement. Unless you wanted access to the deposit prior to settlement. To do so sounds a bit complicated: https://www.lawyersconveyancing.com.au/faq/section-27/

Darren870

Anyone here any good with real estate shenanigans? Basically the fiancee got an offer for her place last week, she accepted, and only *now* has she been told that there's no actual deposit, but a deposit bond (they're different things). Meaning we don't get to see any deposit money at all, which is shitty because we were hoping for it before Christmas. To top it all off, there's correspondence from the conveyancer saying she would accept a deposit bond when she never said anything like that at all :/

Anyone?

The deposit is often, if not always, held in a trust.

You can get it early, but usually you talk to your vendor/solicitor about it at the time of sale. You need to fill out the section 27 and ask for the funds.

This should have all the info you need:

https://www.lawyersconveyancing.com.au/faq/section-27/

Edit: Fredescu beat me too it... *shakes fist*

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I remember when I used to be the youngest for everything. Even at work, was always like 5 or 6 years younger then my peers.

I actually think I still am the youngest on my team of 20 though. Thats a plus...

(I'm 30)

As my birthday is in December I'm used to feeling like the youngest wherever I go (13 years of being the youngest in my school class will do that).

This was true until around 2011, when everyone in my team at work resigned and they hired five new people - all of whom were younger than me.

At my current job my two team members are 40. But that just feels depressing to me. As in, why in the fuck are they still doing this shit at their age? They should be at least at a middle management position or something.

Fredescu

Nice. I tried to order from there a few weeks back and it wouldn't ship to Australia.

Now you're making me paranoid. It seems like they disabled international shipping on the link+controller bundle, but individually the items still ship internationally... for now! Maybe I should bite.

Now you're making me paranoid. It seems like they disabled international shipping on the link+controller bundle, but individually the items still ship internationally... for now! Maybe I should bite.
I ordered the bundle on the 27th, IIRC. Should be here tomorrow. Weird if it was disabled.

Edit: Yep, the Steam Link + Steam Controller bundle doesn't ship to Australia any more from Amazon, but individually they do. They're the same price anyway, so no real disadvantage (unless they disable those too!). Omi will be able to confirm, but it comes with an AU adapter in the box.

Basically the fiancee got an offer for her place last week

That seems like news (I can't recall you mentioning it before)? If so, congrats, Shane.

At my current job my two team members are 40. But that just feels depressing to me. As in, why in the fuck are they still doing this shit at their age? They should be at least at a middle management position or something.
Maybe they don't want to be in a management role?

Fredescu

I ordered the bundle on the 27th, IIRC. Should be here tomorrow. Weird if it was disabled.

Yeah, I see Omi has his today.

This bundle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01853PPW6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Says "Does not ship to MyTown, Australia."

But the Steam Link and Controller:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016KBVBCS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016XBGWAQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Both say: "This item ships to MyTown, Australia"

I had the combo in my cart from when you guys were ordering it, and it was definitely available then.

Fredescu

With respect to the work I do, it's beneath me. If it's not beneath a bunch of 40 year olds who are more educated and experienced than I am then I don't know what to think.

There's something to be said for being content with a job that gives you enough to live on and plenty of free time out of hours.

Shaneus

That seems like news (I can't recall you mentioning it before)? If so, congrats, Shane.
I think it is? I mean, I know everyone I like and care about is already aware...

Thanks! It is news, happened almost a month ago and we're both super happy. She tolerates pinball, it's more than I could ask!

Yeah you wouldn't normally get any actual money until settlement. You would have to make special arrangements to get it beforehand. In the case of a normal deposit, that would usually go into a trust account set up by the solicitors until settlement. It sounds like a deposit bond is just the bank saying "yeah they're good for it" so it should be the same thing to you come settlement. Unless you wanted access to the deposit prior to settlement. To do so sounds a bit complicated: https://www.lawyersconveyancing.com.au/faq/section-27/
The deposit is often, if not always, held in a trust.

You can get it early, but usually you talk to your vendor/solicitor about it at the time of sale. You need to fill out the section 27 and ask for the funds.

This should have all the info you need:

https://www.lawyersconveyancing.com.au/faq/section-27/

Edit: Fredescu beat me too it... *shakes fist*
Cheers guys! I didn't realise getting the deposit early was *not* the norm, I was under the impression that by default we get the deposit within a week or two (it was agreed to on the 24th I think and something something the deposit on the 15th, settlement ending mid-Jan). Thanks for clearing it up :)

(I'm 30)
I still get called "junior" at my work. I'm 35. Mind you, I've been here going on 13 years now, so I was very much "junior" when I started.

radaxian

JB Hifi are starting to clear all their PS3/360 games. Was told this morning by someone in games that the PS3/360 sections will be gone completely by new year.

Last night there was an online only sale with a bunch for $1, and it turns out the deals are in store from today too. Many have already been assigned to online orders, but if you happen to be near a JB it might be worth a look.

I know these are now $1 each:
- XCOM Enemy Unknown
- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Binary Domain
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
- El Shaddai
- Ar Nosurge
- Atelier Ayesha
- Deception IV: Blood Ties
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
- Risen 3
- Ninja Gaiden 3

and a few Tales of games are $10 each:

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
- Tales of Xillia 2 (Day One Edition)

Darren870

JB Hifi are starting to clear all their PS3/360 games. Was told this morning by someone in games that the PS3/360 sections will be gone completely by new year.

Last night there was an online only sale with a bunch for $1, and it turns out the deals are in store from today too. Many have already been assigned to online orders, but if you happen to be near a JB it might be worth a look.

- XCOM Enemy Unknown
- Binary Domain
- El Shaddai
- Ar Nosurge
- Atelier Ayesha
- Risen 3
- Ninja Gaiden 3

Is this new games or used? Maybe I'll stop by my local one on the way home.

Dead Man

As my birthday is in December I'm used to feeling like the youngest wherever I go (13 years of being the youngest in my school class will do that).

This was true until around 2011, when everyone in my team at work resigned and they hired five new people - all of whom were younger than me.

I turn 40 next year, and can't imagine anything worse than a middle management position.

- XCOM Enemy Unknown
- Binary Domain
- El Shaddai
- Ar Nosurge
- Atelier Ayesha
- Risen 3
- Ninja Gaiden 3

interesting
thanks for the headsup
will go after work and seeee

edit: nothing worthy left I think
except lego movie game which we already had

Darren870

Hows the Nexus 5X? Thinking thats what I will get the missus for Xmas/Bday. She is on an iphone 4s but I think the Android phones are just smoother. Was looking at 6P, but its huge!

I have the Nexus 5 and love it.

Unless someone has any other recommendations? Cheaper too would be nice :D

N0VAM0D

Thanks for all the congratulations guys, it feels good to be done!

I'm 23. Can I be youngest?

Nah, I'm probably the youngest. I'm only 20!

Ahhh! I'm loving all this X-Files talk in here. I'm almost finished season 3 too, and it's so so so sos sossoososO GOOD. Favourite show ever, confirmed. I do wish there were more plot episodes though. Oh well!

once i think me deek and shanshan were the young'uns in this thread. Do we have new yungins now or what?

ye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom