• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up getting my in-laws an Apple TV. It was about twice the price of a Chromecast, but it meant not having to mess around with an app or the frightening technological engagement that entails. It works a treat.

Thing is, now that people on that side of the family know what I did, I'm being asked to set up other people with this newfangled "Net flick" thing.

the "quiz" was terrible and people only ever did it to be polite

now we only require a pledge of allegiance to crackdown 2, and then pick a hot button topic for the thread to argue about for the next couple pages. I suggest "christmas lunch foods" or "at what point is being drunk around family no longer socially acceptable".

never played crackdown but like open world super hero games, as for the 2 suggestions l like chicken and mash, and i don't drink alcohol

Thing is, now that people on that side of the family know what I did, I'm being asked to set up other people with this newfangled "Net flick" thing.

i know that feeling, i got a call from my nan once asking me for some help with her TV

Did an escape room today (at Strike in the Wintergarden in brisbane), it was way better than the rather janky thing at West End. Had a great time.

Also had nitrogenie- Salty caramel popcorn. wonderful.

between that, Movenpick and Cowch, my ice cream needs at Southbank are taken care of.

i'll do a quiz if i have to, don't really mind either way
What do you call the food item in the photo below:

SausageSandwich_n_lg.jpg

Entry to AusGAF is guaranteed, this is just so we know which side you'll fight on in the eventual and inevitable AusGAF civil war.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Something wrong with most of you.

It's just a fucking sausage.

You're offered a sausage, you know it comes with bread

HolyCheck

Sausage in bread is fine if you're needing to describe it to a person. But you just say sausage. You don't say, let's go to bunnings and get a sausage in bread

Its

Let's go to bunnings and get a sausage

Or let's go to bunnings and hit up the sausage sizzle

Anyone interested in Dungeon Worlding? I'm gonna ask here first, then the GB thread maybe.

Let's say 4 or 5 players.

well. ill take that as a no then. :(
never played crackdown but like open world super hero games, as for the 2 suggestions l like chicken and mash, and i don't drink alcohol

i know that feeling, i got a call from my nan once asking me for some help with her TV

sausage sandwich

uh oh

Something wrong with most of you.

It's just a fucking sausage.

You're offered a sausage, you know it comes with bread

ahhh syth. you make me laugh.
Sausage in bread is fine if you're needing to describe it to a person. But you just say sausage. You don't say, let's go to bunnings and get a sausage in bread

Its

Let's go to bunnings and get a sausage

Or let's go to bunnings and hit up the sausage sizzle

ive recently been in adelaide and those people over there said lets go get a sausage sizzle at bunnings
they called the sausage and a bread a sausage sizzle

my questions is: what do you ask for when you order one of these?
chichen-parmigiani.jpg

Sausage in bread is fine if you're needing to describe it to a person.
xh3bvr8.jpg

:D

Actually, I just had an idea: sausage in bread vending machines. We could make a fortune! If anyone would like to be involved in the formation of Sausage in Brood Pty Ltd, please PM me ASAP. I assume the export opportunities would be limited though because no doubt they already exist in Japan.

Cerity

ive recently been in adelaide and those people over there said lets go get a sausage sizzle at bunnings
they called the sausage and a bread a sausage sizzle

Team Sausage Sizzle here.

$1 for the snag, extra 50c ($1 in posh places) for a can, free onions.

Only way to live on the weekends and certain school days.

HolyCheck

Chicken or veal schnitzel

Then they ask you what topping, and you say parmigiana. (but really you say gravy or mushroom gravy if you're a bit fancy)

senahorse

sandwich
play

noun | sand·wich | \ˈsan(d)-ˌwich, ˈsam-; dial ˈsaŋ-\

Simple Definition of sandwich

: two pieces of bread with something (such as meat, peanut butter, etc.) between them

Go argue with Merriam-Webster, break that one slice into two you and your argument has merit :)

Fredescu

Exactly, two pieces of bread, made from one slice. Whether the two pieces remain attached to each other or not is too minor a change for that to be the point where you decide if it's a sandwich or not. In the case of a sausage sandwich they should stay attached for filling retention. If you were making a Vegemite sandwich out of one slice of bread, you might or might not cut the slice in half, but whether you do or not does not significantly change what you're eating enough to give it a new name.

senahorse

But pieces imply two completely separate objects, in the case of one slice of bread folded over that is not the case, you sausage sandwich people are wrong, it's time to join the rest of us sane people and let it go :)

Also I coined a new term for example, a vegemite fold.

Fredescu

But pieces imply two completely separate objects

Come on, you of all people know about virtualisation! A "piece" is a logical descriptor that does not necessarily make implications about the underlying physical structure, much like the relationship between a virtual workload and it's physical host.

senahorse

Come on, you of all people know about virtualisation! A "piece" is a logical descriptor that does not necessarily make implications about the underlying physical structure, much like the relationship between a virtual workload and it's physical host.

OK I will meet you halfway, a quantum sausage in bread is also a sausage sandwich.

Parmie or Parmy, chips only. Don't put the chips under the parmie either please.

nope. add him to the list along with all the adelaidians
its a parmA
Chips go under the parma so the bottom doesn't sweat on the plate. They also soak up a minor amount of juices.

BUT YOU CANT CUT IT, AND THE CHIPS GO SOGGY AND GROSS!!
NO
BAD REPTILE

also while it is not a "sausage sandwhich" that 1 slice of bred thing is bs
case in point
pinwheel-sandwiches.jpg

EDIT: hello giant picture, i shall leave that giant to emphasize my point

senahorse

case in point
pinwheel-sandwiches.jpg

EDIT: hello giant picture, i shall leave that giant to emphasize my point

This isn't proof this is just food crazies not following science, like how a tomato is called a vegetable in culinary circles

Quasar

Exactly, two pieces of bread, made from one slice. Whether the two pieces remain attached to each other or not is too minor a change for that to be the point where you decide if it's a sandwich or not. In the case of a sausage sandwich they should stay attached for filling retention. If you were making a Vegemite sandwich out of one slice of bread, you might or might not cut the slice in half, but whether you do or not does not significantly change what you're eating enough to give it a new name.

That just reminds me of my aggravation in people calling subs sandwiches.

Fredescu

case in point

I have no idea what your point is in this case. Obviously not everything with multiple layers of bread is a sandwich. It's just that to some, the absence or presence of a hinge between two layers of bread is the key factor between sandwich and non-sandwich, which to me is completely arbitrary.

I have no idea what your point is in this case. Obviously not everything with multiple layers of bread is a sandwich. It's just that to some, the absence or presence of a hinge between two layers of bread is the key factor between sandwich and non-sandwich, which to me is completely arbitrary.

its one slice of bread (not even) and still called a sandwhich. i agree with you

What's the deal with people getting bent out of shape over "best of" lists? WHO GIVES A SHIT?

Arguing over nomenclature of food stuffs, now that I can get behind!

If anyone needs me I'll be having a schooner. And when I say schooner, I mean a schooner not a pot/middy/handle/half-pint/ten you Adelaidian douche bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom