• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Germany a few months ago, had my share of amazing schnitzels and doners. I think I know the difference between a parma and a schnitzel.

I don't eat chicken, but all this schnitzel talk makes me want a veal schnitzel right about now. lemon rather than cheese and sauce

The Giant

Banned
If anyone wants a really good chicken schnitzel. Go to Chickos in Wollongong or Figtree in the Illawarra.

That shit is so bloody good.

Also I will be cooking pork schnitzel xmas morning. My mum cooked it in rice bran oil recently and it was even more delicious than using veg oil.

If anyone wants a really good chicken schnitzel. Go to Chickos in Wollongong or Figtree in the Illawarra.

Also I will be cooking pork schnitzel xmas morning. My mum cooked it in rice bran oil recently and it was even more delicious than using veg oil.

ew chickos in Wollongong is terrible, there chips are the worst

"Parma" is just a topping.
tumblr_m182lq7Izv1rrx588o1_250.gif

tried cooking with butter rather than oil?

As far as parmas go if you're in Melbourne then why not have a pint and Victoria's best parma at The Palmerston in South Melbourne. This place has repeatedly won best parmas in Vic time and time again.

They are a massive feed. Oh and they're closed on Sundays now, bummer.

Decent spot if there is another Melb-GAF hook up.

Had to:
parmigiana-@Palmerston.jpg

why does lego dimensions stuff have to be so expensiveeee
Need another present for one of my lil bros but dunno if I can bear to part with $30-40 for a fun pack or level pack

Fredescu

Wicked Witch is the best value fun pack if you're after bang for buck. She has heaps of abilities and is the only way to unlock the Oz world.

Axiom

My friends cancelled and now I don't have any plans for my birthday, instead I'm watching wrestling in my underwear like an adult.
Also bitching about it on AusGaf.

Don't have your kids around Christmas!

My friends cancelled and now I don't have any plans for my birthday, instead I'm watching wrestling in my underwear like an adult.
Also bitching about it on AusGaf.

Don't have your kids around Christmas!
:(

It wasn't our fault though - he was born like a week before Christmas, yes, but his due date was in February.

Fredescu

What this thread needs is less free flowing conversation and more strict adherence to a pre approved list of topics. How else will we increase the percentage of total Australian GAF users posting in this thread to a level deemed acceptable by DeathJr?

What this thread needs is less free flowing conversation and more strict adherence to a pre approved list of topics. How else will we increase the percentage of total Australian GAF users posting in this thread to a level deemed acceptable by DeathJr?

Just talk about beer :)

Honestly though, a couple of Australian Gaffers who I play with told me they don't post in this thread because it is weird.

Gazunta

AusGAF = BestGAF, fact.

So what are we hoping to get for Christmas? I will just be happy if I get some time to assemble the Simpsons and Star Wars LEGO I got for my birthday :p

And I'll be happy if the wife is happy with what I get her. As per usual three days before Christmas I start panicking I didn't get her enough and start loading up the Apple website to see what else I can add "just to be sure". ><

jambo

Getting a few things, know about most of them already.

Jack is going to get soooo many presents.

I enjoy the getting together more than the presents. We have wife's immediate family for breakfast, parents families for lunch, then wife's extended family in the afternoon.

Then pass out in the evening.

Jintor

i got my parents some meiji-era laquerware because i could. :foldsarms:

i got my brother a cardboard robot because he's IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOP FOR

personally i'll be happy if i get some lamb

Deeku

That pile of LE Personas is kind of giving me a wet dream...

I've been doing a bit of backnforth with the seller using the 'make an offer' feature, got him down to $480 so far. I could be tempted at $400.
ehhh, depends how much you want to own physical copies of those games. Like, the persona/ff/xseed games go on sale on psn for really cheap every now and then.

My only complaint about Aus GAF is not enough people who live in Brisbane. I see you guys having meetups and drinking beer and it ensaddens me.

Shaneus

Ugh, trying to get cable access at my new place has been a fucking nightmare.

First, they check my new place and mark it as being suitable for HFC internet. Except the company doing the site assessment (let's call them Visionshit. Or maybe Shitstream. Or Visionstream?) pasted in the wrong information.

Second: Booking in another assessment to see if I can get cable if it's run through the first unit's roof to mine. Booked in, happened to have the day off for moving when they were doing a re-assessment. Found them contemplating the site assessment OUTSIDE MY OLD HOUSE. Politely told the dude he should probably try checking out the place I wanted cable installed.

Now, I'm waiting to hear back from iiNet on what the status of that site inspection was. It's supposed to take 48hrs tops for them to get this report (it was done last Thurs), but I see this in my case log:
22 Dec 2015 03:40PM - by Customer Service Sydney
nothing back for this one yet
a lot of follow ups have been sent for 17/12 WOs and they have started to come through
defer to check tomorrow
>if still not finalized, another follow up should be sent.
Applied for Telstra ADSL2 over the weekend and seem to be having much better luck with them, despite them saying I won't have internet until the 29th (at the latest). Surprisingly, the only company that's given me decent customer service over the last few months.

Gazunta

Telstra are expensive as all heck but I'm actually happy with the service I've been getting both technically and for customer support.

Oh and Shaneus - I've sent you some stuff this week - is the address you supplied through Kickstarter still valid?

Shaneus

Telstra are expensive as all heck but I'm actually happy with the service I've been getting both technically and for customer support.

Oh and Shaneus - I've sent you some stuff this week - is the address you supplied through Kickstarter still valid?
This week? Not really, but it should get redirected :) I might need to go through all my old KS stuff and update that sometime.

The redirection lasts until mid-Feb (or maybe even March?) I think, so the old address is fine in the meantime :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Don't see how its any weirder than the rest of GAF.

How are we that insular? Like pages of debate about sausages. That's not in jokes.

That's office debates.

We have the same debates at work.

God the pronunciation of Maggi noodles. The room was divided, hours were spent discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom