• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
HORI Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fighting Stick

2x_mvcu3_fight_stick_xb360.jpg

Gamesmen has 2 of these for $130. They sold out of PS3 ones, not sure if they worked on PS4. At least these will work on PC.

I just felt awkward and huge during my visit to Japan, like all eyes were on me, especially whenever I visited onsens. You white guys thinking you stand out ain't got nothing on my naked brown butt.

Why were you naked in public o_O

Why are we arguing about word pronunciation and sausages again? Are there no good games out?

I was playing Fast/Furious Horizon 2 & Halo 5 last night. Awesome gaming! Halo 5 has some really weird design decisions but the gameplay itself is really fun. The HUD for not-Master Chief sucks balls and the cutscenes are full of epic badass stuff that would be more fun to actually play (and is edited as if it's got a dubstep soundtrack behind it) but the minute to minute gunplay is fun and playful. Hard to stick to a weapon though with minimal ammo, spend most of the time picking up a new weapon from a cache every 1.5m.
Horizon 2 is fantastic. Exactly what I expected, arcade as fuck. Graphically pretty average but scratches that old school NfS itch perfectly.

HORI Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fighting Stick

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/x/2x_mvcu3_fight_stick_xb360.jpg[IMG]

Gamesmen has 2 of these for $130. They sold out of PS3 ones, not sure if they worked on PS4. At least these will work on PC.[/QUOTE]

PS3 sticks worked on ultra, but won't on sfv (didn't work in the beta).

[quote="Mr. Tone, post: 190203168"]Y'all ready for Christmas, or your non-Jesus Christmas equivalent?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Actually I lied, I'm yet to watch die hard.

Deeku

So since my nieces have been sleeping over, I've been watching a lot of abc kids. Wtf @ bananas in pyjamas is now a cartoon and not dudes in suits??!

Also Peppa Pig is pretty legit!

Rlan

Back to Aus for Christmas. Meeting with family in Melbourne for Christmas, than Adelaide to catch up with mates.

Also going to take advantage of the crazy heat going on there.

Guys is there that much of a difference between iPad Air and iPad Air 2? Upgrading from an OG iPad Mini for reference.

Air 2 doesn't have a 32GB option that the air 1 does.
Air 2 has double the ram and a newer chip compared to Air 1
Air 2 is 20 grams lighter, better camera.
Air 2 has touch ID.

I'm looking at getting either and Air 1 or a Mini 2/4 for my mum.

jambo

Sounds like time for an AusGAF "List ten essential movies" listwar to me.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Children of Men
Alien
Terminator
Schindler's List
Mad Max Fury Road
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon 2
Moon
The Matrix

EDIT: Fuck, Blade Runner. How could I forget.

I've never seen a lot of movies everyone else has seen like Godfather 2 and 3, Die Hard, Scarface, Oceans 11, 12. Fight Club. Any Tarantino film.
Remedy this now, Mega. It's like telling Choc to take his meds, you shouldn't have to be told.

Oceans films are fun but aren't essential, but see Godfather Pt II, Diehard and the Tarantino flicks ASAP ( especially Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1, Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained)

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnn Children of Men was so good on first watch. Hits hard.

Remedy this now, Mega. It's like telling Choc to take his meds, you shouldn't have to be told.

Oceans films are fun but aren't essential, but see Godfather Pt II, Diehard and the Tarantino flicks ASAP ( especially Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1, Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained)

HOW COULD YOU LEAVE OUT JACKIE BROWN YOU MONSTER <_>

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Where the Wildthings Are
Being John Malkovich
Adaptation

Fitting that 4 of the above are in my top 5 films of all time.
Guess which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom