• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Lol. I really hope you do. Otherwise I'll have to harass cruncho and we all know what happened last time I hung out with him...

Although that means I could follow through with the threat I made the other day. Hmm.

jambo

Wishing you all an unprecedentedly festal Christmas

Q5aBVyd.jpg

wasn't supposed to actually do christmas today since my dad is in hospital after an op and won't be out for a few days so we're having the big lunch when he's home. No pressies opened until he's home, that kinda thing. I can wait.

But Aunt and Uncle wanted to come over and drop off pressies so we had a mini lunch in between hospital visits and I still feel stuffed.

So god knows how I'll feel after Turbo Christmas + in a week or so.

legend166

Got Xenoblade Chronicles X for Christmas. Other than the criminally small font I think I'm going to enjoy this game a lot.

Whether I beat it or not is an entirely different question.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Don't worry about things you don't understand. Soul voices, classes etc. You don't need to know everything for a while, when you feel there's more to learn, look into it.

And don't do affinity quests until later, especially lins. If you do do lins, side with the potato.

Well that was a weird dream. I was at Big W for boxing day sales and the staff were all complaining about scalpers then I went back to the car and Hitler was in the parking space opposite me. Then apparently I was travelling with some kind of doctor who asked me what drugs I wanted and I told him to keep it on the down low because dude, hitler is RIGHT THERE and on the prowl for heroin.

dity

Well that was a weird dream. I was at Big W for boxing day sales and the staff were all complaining about scalpers then I went back to the car and Hitler was in the parking space opposite me. Then apparently I was travelling with some kind of doctor who asked me what drugs I wanted and I told him to keep it on the down low because dude, hitler is RIGHT THERE and on the prowl for heroin.
I think you had a bit too much Christmas, yo.

Bernbaum

Spent Christmas day with another Australian, a Brit, and a non-religious Iranian. One of the drillers at work hunts in Alaska so he gave me a bunch of caribou, antelope and deer meat so we made Rudolph burgers for Christmas.

Sucks being away from family but we made the most of it by having an orphan's Christmas and drank Texan craft beer which is very drinkable stuff

I'm about to head out to watch the Spurs play the Rockets. I'll be the goofball in the Patty Mills jersey.

Happy holidays!

Christ Valve what a thing to wake up to.

Oops.

I'm about to head out to watch the Spurs play the Rockets. I'll be the goofball in the Patty Mills jersey.

I'm jealous.

Merry (belated) Christmas Folks.

I'm currently gearing up to brave the boxing day specials. Come at me!

Not jealous of that.
fuck going anywhere near a shopping centre today

Found out some very serious news over the past few days. Not affected personally, mind, but it's sobering.

Still managed to stuff myself full of Turkey, pork, prawns and these delicious chocolate chip shortbread cookies my step-grand-mother-in-law makes that crumble in your mouth and clog up your arteries one bite at a time.

Arksy

I'm considering it later lol
Anything in particular you'd be looking to get?

Nothing interesting, just clothing.

For all those interested, just a heads up. EB Games has discounted all their left over collectors editions from pretty much every game to the same price as the base game. So $77 for Halo 5: LE, $68 ($57 for the PC version)for the chagrin cross editions of Assassins Creed and I think it's fairly similar for the CE of Rainbox 6 Siege. I think there might be a couple of xbox 1 versions of the fallout 4 vault-tec edition (the lunchbox) that are heavily discounted as well but don't quote me on that.

I had the price sheet a few days ago...I can't remember any other collectors editions.......there's lots of discount amiibos and infinity, dimensions and skylanders but I didn't sticker them so I have nfi how deep the discount will be.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dead man, got my boxing day sorted, I know you'll be jealous:

Spot of shopping on commercial street, then to the federal for lunch, then seeing starwars at the oatmill

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Someone fell on my shift this morning. Goodbye those few minutes I get of peace and quiet. Bah humbug. 4 more days then a week off. I can do this.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is anyone else getting crazy long load times on Steam? It's taking over a day to download a 4gb game (Republique) and another looks like it will be similar (Dreamfall Chapters). Steam always used to be super quick!

Someone on fb said info had been stolen or leaked or something. Might just be America though.

There's a big thread about it gaming side, it seems to be the case that it was possible for name and phone number to be discovered at random by people going to those pages, however only the last 4 digits of the credit cards would be available if it was saved to the account.

Someone on fb said info had been stolen or leaked or something. Might just be America though.
Their servers were accidentally caching profile pages, among others, when they shouldn't. As a result, they were sending cached pages of one person's profile page to another. Didn't matter whether it was the website or client apps (desktop or mobile) as they're all web based anyway.

Profile pages contain wallet balances, email addresses, last four digits of saved credit cards, phone numbers.

If you hadn't logged in to your profile for a while, it's unlikely the cache server would've had it in cache so it wouldn't be sent to anyone. However, if you had, there's no way of knowing if someone saw things like your registered email address and such.

OfficerZap

Neo Member
In the spirit of Boxing Day....looking to pick up a 1TB PS4 fairly soon.

What's good for bundles these days? I'll likely grab GTA/AC outside of a package.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
changing my download location to US - New York improved by download speed by >1000%. Lol.

Blastoise

Banned
Was anyone able to buy the 980ti on shoppingexpress for $899?

I added it to my cart at 8PM and it was already sold out. Wondering if anyone was able to even buy it? or was it a honeydick situation?

r1chard

Yay for getflix. Thanks Mr. cods! Just finished s2 of SHIELD and thoroughly enjoyed it, without needing to farnarkle around with torrents.

Been playing some 7 Days to Die (just SP because I have no friends.) It's a much better game than when I tried to play it many months ago, yet also more difficult. Has been good fun.

Steam is obviously working again - has there been any official announcement? The OT is a trainwreck of people complaining about when are they going to get some freebie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom