• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Triforce Heroes, but I'm finding it hard to play more than say an hour a day. I don't often play online games and I find having to stay in the one spot, unable to pause lest I mess things up for the others to be kind of stressful.

The best part of Force Awakens is when I recognised that guy from Show Me a Hero, also there was a Wilhelm Scream right at the start and it was basically a remake of A New Hope.

5/7

OfficerZap

Neo Member
I'm enjoying Syndicate much more than Pirate Creed, although Jacob is getting a bit much. First area cleared only.

As for stand alone freezers, best thing ever. Next step is locating a good meat wholesaler (look for one that cuts your meat for free and makes their own sausages) and stocking it with good quality meat for half the price of a butcher.

Bernbaum

Gaming laptops are the best.

I bought my G75 over two and a half years ago and it's still going strong. I fired up GTAV the week it launched and it played amazingly.

It's connected to my TV most of the time by HDMI and I use a 360 pad through a wireless dongle. Because of this thing, my consoles haven't been touched. Some games like point and click adventures are better suited to playing on just the laptop and I just beat Amanita Design's excellent Botanicula.

Next PC will definitely be another gaming laptop but I can see this thing still delivering for at least another year.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At that price, fuck it, I now own a PS4.

Does anyone want to buy/trade Tearaway and the Stan thing?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As someone who hasn't used eBay in years. How does the 15% off thing work? Is it on everything or only by specific sellers etc etc?

industrian

EB might offer a decent trade in price, it's a fucking fantastic game though!

I'll be leaving Australia on the 31 January and I'm going back to Taiwan. With that in mind I imagine I might get a better trade-in price in Taiwan.

I went out and bought three games today. MGS5, Last of Us Remastered and Black Ops 3.

But if anyone wants that Stan thing, let me know.

As someone who hasn't used eBay in years. How does the 15% off thing work? Is it on everything or only by specific sellers etc etc?

It's on everything as long as you buy something that was originally $150 or more. Use the coupon at checkout.

Also use CashRewards for 4% of your purchase back.

I signed up for that and I think I jumped through the hoops correctly. I'm not going to cry over $15 though.

You should get an email within a few hours letting you know they tracked it. Basically you just go to the store via CashRewards and make sure you don't close that tab all the way through the checkout and it will pick it up.

Fredescu

Cash rewards worked for me the last couple of times I used it, but the confirmation email took days rather than hours. And then weeks for the money to become available. Still basically free money for an extra click.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Do I want a PS4? I can't plug it into anything as I don't have a tv and my monitor only has a DVI slot which is used by my PC. So, That setup doesn't help.

But it's certainly getting cheaper.

Fusebox

Banned
Driveclub is $6 at some second hand games store near me, they had a pile last time I was there - lemme know if you need a copy bought n shipped.

industrian

Stupid question: If I were to buy DLC for my Australian PS4 games - would I need to make an Australian account to do so or are your games "counted" as being EU/UK versions? So far I've got a UK and USA account. I imagine having an Australian one just for 2-3 games would be interesting.

Stupid question: If I were to buy DLC for my Australian PS4 games - would I need to make an Australian account to do so or are your games "counted" as being EU/UK versions? So far I've got a UK and USA account. I imagine having an Australian one just for 2-3 games would be interesting.

Aus account. It's really annoying the dlc is region locked.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This eBay sale is fucking amazing.

I'm going to buy some $420 books that usually cost ~$1200 but are super discounted + the special + some extra taken off for X amount of money you spend.

Oooooh yea.

Yo I take it Ace Attorney 3 (Trials and Tribulations) got an aussie release?

Been following 'ace attorney' on ebay for ages now and have seen all the other games pop up multiple times but never 3, it's the only one I don't own :(

Yo I take it Ace Attorney 3 (Trials and Tribulations) got an aussie release?

Been following 'ace attorney' on ebay for ages now and have seen all the other games pop up multiple times but never 3, it's the only one I don't own :(

Pretty sure it did, I definitely saw it in EB back in the day. Not sure if it was a restickered EU release though but it was def on shelves.

Stackboy

Having Lexi over tomorrow night, we are going to show my wife Twin Peaks for the first time. She hasn't watched any David Lynch stuff previously, I think this is the sanest introduction.

industrian

Some advice needed here.

I managed to save a young bird from being hunted/played with by some cats tonight. But now I've got an injured young bird in a shoebox in my room.

yKmSqpd.jpg

Is this a protected animal and do I need to contact someone? Or is it just a regular bird that no-one gives a fuck about?

That and general advice about what to do with it. My only real options now are 1) Set it free and let nature take its course in the form of three curious cats. 2) Leave it on the doorstep of a local vet and hope he/she has a conscience.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Looks like a plover to me. Call a vet tomorrow, they might know where to take it. Or if it's well enough by tomorrow set it free. Dont think it's a protected species.

dity

Though didn't Apollo Justice come out half a year before any English release of AA3?
As in the Japanese, or English release? Cos it is AA4.

It is so weird that Capcom ignored AA4. Like, it's pretty relevant to AA5 but you're these days you're supposed to go from the AATrilogy to AA5 and be like "yes I know who Apollo and Trucy, totally!"

N0VAM0D

Agh, Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry it's late! I've been super busy lately, but I hope you all had a wonderful time! New Years is coming up next, and I absolutely can't wait. What's everyone's plans? I'm going to some house party and then the next day I think I'm going to that Field Day festival in Sydney. Maaaaaybe. If I can get a ticket in time!

OfficerZap

Neo Member
Agh, Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry it's late! I've been super busy lately, but I hope you all had a wonderful time! New Years is coming up next, and I absolutely can't wait. What's everyone's plans? I'm going to some house party and then the next day I think I'm going to that Field Day festival in Sydney. Maaaaaybe. If I can get a ticket in time!

Heading to one of the tiny beaches near the Gong. No crowds, no fuss.

Poona

Some advice needed here.

I managed to save a young bird from being hunted/played with by some cats tonight. But now I've got an injured young bird in a shoebox in my room.

Is this a protected animal and do I need to contact someone? Or is it just a regular bird that no-one gives a fuck about?

That and general advice about what to do with it. My only real options now are 1) Set it free and let nature take its course in the form of three curious cats. 2) Leave it on the doorstep of a local vet and hope he/she has a conscience.

That looks like an Indian Myna to me and if so it is an introduced species.

Could always confirm with a vet or local wildlife authorities though, as I'm not 100% certain.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I now have a chest freezer that can fit half a cow!

Good idea nova, a topic. Nye plans peoples?

I'm just heading to a friends for boardgamez and bourbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom