• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay for getflix. Thanks Mr. cods! Just finished s2 of SHIELD and thoroughly enjoyed it, without needing to farnarkle around with torrents.

Been playing some 7 Days to Die (just SP because I have no friends.) It's a much better game than when I tried to play it many months ago, yet also more difficult. Has been good fun.

Steam is obviously working again - has there been any official announcement? The OT is a trainwreck of people complaining about when are they going to get some freebie...

people fucking shit me.

dity

Tonight, I discovered angry onions from Hungry Jack's. I'm in love, piss off chicken nuggets.

Steam is obviously working again - has there been any official announcement? The OT is a trainwreck of people complaining about when are they going to get some freebie...

It's not like it was PSN and down for ages. omg

Yay for getflix. Thanks Mr. cods! Just finished s2 of SHIELD and thoroughly enjoyed it, without needing to farnarkle around with torrents.

Been playing some 7 Days to Die (just SP because I have no friends.) It's a much better game than when I tried to play it many months ago, yet also more difficult. Has been good fun.

They sent a short statement to Kotaku

kotaku said:
Steam is back up and running without any known issues. As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Finally saw Star Wars yesterday.

Enjoyable movie.

Favourite scene: (non story spoiler, character inclusion spoiler)
Han and leia seeing eachother fo the first time in ages, quite a strong scene.. HELLO ITS ME, C3PO! YOU MIGHT NOT RECOGNISE ME DUE TO MY RED ARM

Lost it.

Stackboy

Happy late Xmas wishes you guys.

Had my folks over for a few days, kind of nice to have the house back to ourselves.

Anyone picked up anything good in the Steam sale? I bought a bunch of stuff but still playing Fallout 4.

Golnei

Had my folks over for a few days, kind of nice to have the house back to ourselves.

Anyone picked up anything good in the Steam sale? I bought a bunch of stuff but still playing Fallout 4.

I bought a few things (Ys, Alien Isolation, a few indie games) but Xenoblade's basically destroyed my life at this point, so I probably won't get to them any time soon. Not sure if I should get Dragon's Dogma now or wait - I definitely want to play it, but I'm not sure if I want to go into another huge RPG anytime soon.

I laughed.

Also loved him pretending to be excited about the tardis. Though tbf I loved the whole thing. Campy, heartbreaking, silly, serious. So good.

Capaldi the GOAT.

I really liked it as well - Capaldi's usually great, and he works well in the Moffat farce template. Ending was a little too much for me, but I can't help but like that they went that camp with it. Really, the whole last season was pretty good, as long as you forget the Whithouse and Gatiss episodes.

dity

I was gifted Bubsy Twofur and picked up stuff for people I have added on Steam.

Deeku

Enjoyable movie.

Han and leia seeing eachother fo the first time in ages, quite a strong scene.. HELLO ITS ME, C3PO! YOU MIGHT NOT RECOGNISE ME DUE TO MY RED ARM

Lost it.
yup, saw it today, was fun!

Enjoyable movie.

Lost it.

I know it's probably been echoed before, but lmao at Punished 'Venom' C3PO.

r1chard

So. Youtube doesn't work in IE (sorry, "Microsoft Edge") on daughter's Surface 3. Microsoft's response to the many visible support enquiries has been bollocks. So she's just installed Chrome and gave a little "yay!" when she figured out how to make it the default browser.

7 Days to Die has totally sucked me in. Send help, pls.

The combat in Assassins creed syndicate is fucking garbage. Hot garbage.

What don't you like about it? I think it's the best in the series, good combination of Arkham style gadgets and free flow beat em up.

Only real complaint from me is how damn easy it is. Rarely had to pull out the smoke bombs!

Enjoyable movie.

Lost it.

Yeah, I think it was my favourite bit too.

I'm in a brand new stealth Macdonalds where you order on touch screens in the lobby. I say stealth because the building is black and has the logo but not the word Macdonalds anywhere outside.

This is probably not a new thing, just a reflection of how rarely I get Macdonalds

HolyCheck

I'm in a brand new stealth Macdonalds where you order on touch screens in the lobby. I say stealth because the building is black and has the logo but not the word Macdonalds anywhere outside.

This is probably not a new thing, just a reflection of how rarely I get Macdonalds

They're good fun.

Headphones in, order pay collect. Never talk to a human.

Just give the minimum wage person a nod when you collect your order

dity

Woolworths Rewards is pretty cool. Just saved $10 on a $12 snack purchase, so I got a bunch of things for $2. Felt good.

Bloody love those touch screen ordering things. Lets me take as long as I want. I only figured out recently that if you press edit next to the item you've ordered, then select its picture in the pop up menu you can change how the burger is made by adding/removing ingredients. I thought you could only do that when ordering from a physical person!

KrisB

I picked up a few song packs for Rocksmith @ 40% off. Reasonably happy with that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What don't you like about it? I think it's the best in the series, good combination of Arkham style gadgets and free flow beat em up.

Only real complaint from me is how damn easy it is. Rarely had to pull out the smoke bombs!

The animation seems off. Playing as evie since Jacob seems to be the most annoying character in gaming history, her cane attacks are horrid. Attack once and she does some 4 hit attack, when enemies are nearly dead it seems to the her 30 seconds to finish them off. Surrounded by people is a death trap, dodging and stunning seem to be really bad, almost to a point of doing nothing.

It seems like it's trying to be fast combat but falls apart as soon as you swing the first punch. I find it god awful.

The animation seems off. Playing as evie since Jacob seems to be the most annoying character in gaming history, her cane attacks are horrid. Attack once and she does some 4 hit attack, when enemies are nearly dead it seems to the her 30 seconds to finish them off. Surrounded by people is a death trap, dodging and stunning seem to be really bad, almost to a point of doing nothing.

It seems like it's trying to be fast combat but falls apart as soon as you swing the first punch. I find it god awful.

You need to play as both, Jacob is actually a beast in combat while Evie is better in stealth. You'll level both up any way. Best tip is to stumble thought to a few levels, then farm points and money by replaying the first few fight clubs over and over to level up your characters, get better weapons and update the gangs.

Are you playing on PC? Having input lag issues? Like I was saying, this is the most 'hit counter to win' combat out of any of the AC/Arkham games so there might be an issue registering your actions. The countering window is huge, basically up until they touch you.

EDIT: Smashing things in a carriage is is quick way to boost XP too heh.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
You need to play as both, Jacob is actually a beast in combat while Evie is better in stealth. You'll level both up any way. Best tip is to stumble thought to a few levels, then farm points and money by replaying the first few fight clubs over and over to level up your characters, get better weapons and update the gangs.
I only discovered the fight clubs when I was already a level 8 lol. Hit level 10 and I think I'm still in sequence 6, maybe 7. Yay grinding that XP.

Huzzah another public holiday shift. Makes up for the week off imma have from Thursday. Today and yesterday have been so boring. I'm sitting here in a swivel chair just spinning lol.

HolyCheck

Not much moongreed,

Some of us got spiffy tags.

Megadrive got banned for fighting for animal rights

And yeh.

I'm going furniture shopping today. Going to be fun. Looking to come out with a new lounge suite, bed, microwave, dining room chairs and a chest freezer.

*salutes 50 months interest free thingies*

MoonGred

Not much moongreed,

And yeh.

I'm going furniture shopping today. Going to be fun. Looking to come out with a new lounge suite, bed, microwave, dining room chairs and a chest freezer.

I noticed the tags, very nice.
Out of all the people I least expected Mega to get banned, perm ban or just temp?

Nomenclature of Products sold at Sausage Sizzles
Alcoholism
Christmas
Movie lists
Geolocation of gaffers by when they saw The Force Awakens.
Why non-ausgaf Aussies hate this thread.
Etc.

In short, not much

I'm intrigued by the bolded, can anyone give me a quick summary?

MoonGred

I think the constant hype for TFA drove me away from GAF for a while, I did some lurking in the PC screenshot thread and some others here and there but that's about it.

That and I've started waking up at 4am to do yoga in the morning which means I'm usually passed out on the train to and from work, which is when I'd do most of my gaf reading.

Also to everyone, don't build a house, just buy an already established one!

We're too insular, and too many in jokes.

I'm not one to post on forums usually
and still don't really outside of Augaf
, but I have to say that after lurking Ausgaf for ages and being confused about what everyone was going on about, after my first post it became clear that you guys actually are a friendly and welcoming bunch, apart from one who's been banned ha!

dity

This thread be alright. Everyone here seems pretty friendly honestly... until ya get talkin' about that there "sausage in bread."

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Not much moongreed,

And yeh.

Definitely need that lounge suite. Make sure it's comfy :p

MoonGred

How is that series these days?

I haven't touched AC since III.

Syndicate is decent, I've only played it for about 7 hours but have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Combat isn't the worst, just not as smooth as some of the previous ones.
The most confusing part of the game is the whole upgrade/item mechanic. Maybe it's because I was playing the game wrong, but at one point I was doing a mission about a masked murderer and all the npcs just beat me to a pulp as soon as a fight broke out, the game would then prompt me to upgrade my equipment, which did jack shit in my opinion.
It sure is beautiful on pc though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom