• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Giant

Banned
Yo I take it Ace Attorney 3 (Trials and Tribulations) got an aussie release?

Been following 'ace attorney' on ebay for ages now and have seen all the other games pop up multiple times but never 3, it's the only one I don't own :(

Yep, I bought all 3 at target for $40 each, many many years ago.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just noticed that the Australian dollar is now at $2.03 to the pound.

It was around $2.20 earlier this year.

So either you guys are doing something right or the UK sucks.

I just noticed that the Australian dollar is now at $2.03 to the pound.

It was around $2.20 earlier this year.

So either you guys are doing something right or the UK sucks.

perfect timing for me. 49p to the AUD is good. Not as good as 60p to the Dollar in 2012, but way better than 33p to the Dollar (every other time I've been to the UK). I'd expect the pound to get stronger soon since those floods will mean lots of insurance claims and the insurance companies will be liquidating assets OS to bring back the cash, which will pump up the pound.

at least- that's what I remember happened in Japan after the big earthquaker/Tsunami/ absolutely nothing happened to the nuclear reactor a few years back.

also: new Tomb Raider is pretty damn good. Like really good. I still haven't had any combat (and that's what I enjoyed most about the 2013 game- the bow and arrow.)

Lego Dimensions Doctor Who level pack wasn't so good. I worked out you can't upgrade your TARDIS and finish the level (
there' a stealth ability that gets disabled by one upgrade, which means you can't finish the level unless you delete all the upgrades to the TARDIS
Such a wasted opp. I wanna proper Who game.

MoonGred

perfect timing for me. 49p to the AUD is good. Not as good as 60p to the Dollar in 2012, but way better than 33p to the Dollar (every other time I've been to the UK). I'd expect the pound to get stronger soon since those floods will mean lots of insurance claims and the insurance companies will be liquidating assets OS to bring back the cash, which will pump up the pound.

at least- that's what I remember happened in Japan after the big earthquaker/Tsunami/ absolutely nothing happened to the nuclear reactor a few years back.

also: new Tomb Raider is pretty damn good. Like really good. I still haven't had any combat (and that's what I enjoyed most about the 2013 game- the bow and arrow.)

Lego Dimensions Doctor Who level pack wasn't so good. I worked out you can't upgrade your TARDIS and finish the level (
there' a stealth ability that gets disabled by one upgrade, which means you can't finish the level unless you delete all the upgrades to the TARDIS
Such a wasted opp. I wanna proper Who game.

Stop tempting me to get the new tomb raider, I've been holding off for the pc release, don't make me cave now.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I get paid in pounds so :/

Still, the last time I sent money to Australia I got a $2.08 conversion rate, so I've not missed out on anything. And the price I paid for my PS3 and PS4 are still exceptionally cheaper than what you would pay in the UK - even with today's rates.

As long as I don't need to send money to Australia for the next month I'll be good. Then I'll need to worry about conversion rates to Taiwanese dollars. It's sitting at NT$48 right now, which is alright. I negotiated my remote working contract back when the pound was worth NT$51. :/

Fusebox

Banned
It's quiet at work today so I replaced the screen on my PSP Go. Very fiddly job, probably took close to an hour but now I've got a new minty, mint screen on my Go for only the $25 it cost to buy the replacement.

I only bought the Go a few days ago off eBay but it's already one of my fave handhelds ever. The form-factor is sweet as and between PSP, PSX and emulators it has an insane library. I'm gonna buy another one before they all get lost, wrecked and rare.

dity

I'm heading down to Wollongong harbour for the New Years fireworks today. It'll be the first time I've seen the local ones in years, so I'm excited.

Also, is streetpassing basically dead in Australia? I get none these days here in the gong - not even on Boxing Day.

Fusebox

Banned
I still get the occasional Streetpass around Sydney CBD I think, that's what the little green light on top of my 3DS means innit?

dity

I still get the occasional Streetpass around Sydney CBD I think, that's what the little green light on top of my 3DS means innit?
That's the one, yeah.

I used to get tons but as the years have gone by, it's like people just don't care anymore. Meanwhile games keep putting Streetpass features in them. D:

Cerity

Just sort yourself out homepass or whatever it is. You can basically create a streetpass server thing at home that will interact with other people using the same thing. I did it for awhile with bravely default and pokemon.

dity

Just sort yourself out homepass or whatever it is. You can basically create a streetpass server thing at home that will interact with other people using the same thing. I did it for awhile with bravely default and pokemon.
I didn't know this was a thing. Does someone has to pass my server or is it like an internet thing?

Cerity

Internet deal, I was getting people from all of the place. There are a bunch of variants and even an app you can run off android phones iirc. Not sure the state of it now but it did require some work to set up.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Any time I take my 3ds into the city in melbs I get a few.

Japan really was mental.

I'd walk to the store at 11pm through an alleyway for 700m. Come home and I'd have half a dozen.

dity

Happy New Year! I'm listening to some cool tunes while watching the SBS Food Network. Good times, way better than my last New Years.

HolyCheck

Happy New Year! I'm listening to some cool tunes while watching the SBS Food Network. Good times, way better than my last New Years.

Sbs2, and the foodnetwork.

Sbs have really hit It out of the park with their additional channels.

dity

Sbs2, and the foodnetwork.

Sbs have really hit It out of the park with their additional channels.
I love food programmes so the Food Network is a dream come true for me. Never thought I'd be able to watch shows like Good Eats on local TV.

I don't even remember what was on SBS3. Food Network is just so much better.

HolyCheck

Agreed.

I've become a big fan of Anthony bourdain now. And I'm really keen for that whacky new cooking competition show starting on the 4th

HolyCheck

I think that's the one! He's an enjoyable host.

Also the guy on.. I forget it's name, but he used to be on queer eye for the straight guy. Very amusing host.

N0VAM0D

Happy New Year, AusGAF! I don't feel as shitty as I thought I would! I hope you're all feelin' fine, too!

I missed out on Field Day tickets, so I'm heading to the beach today. Might treat myself to a new pair of swimmers before I go!

Darren870

Happy New Year! I'm in Brisbane still. Starting my trek down to Melbourne in a few hours. Need to get there by Sunday so will be doing a bit of driving tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom