• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I saw return flights at $190 per person on Tigerair with their "Light" option (15-17 January).

Is this an ok deal? Or can you get cheaper.

jambo

I've changed my mind about Hottest 100, so here are my votes

Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams

MoonGred

Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams

That's a very odd way of spelling Grimes

industrian

Sounds like Dick Smith are officially fucked. Receivers appointed, trading halt placed on shares.

I'm surprised there's still major electronics stores in Australia at all. They're dead, dying, or all merged together in the UK. I can only really remember using them for showrooming.

I'll have a quick gander in the Roselands store today. I doubt there's anything of value left.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The real question: after Dick Smiths changed from an electronics store to a home electronics store, where do kids buy wires and little motors and light bulbs and things?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Went to go see Yung Lean last night it was insane, I basically almost died in the crowd, so I grabbed my other super short friend who was also being crushed, and I dragged us out of the front section and upstairs where it was so much more enjoyable. Who knew Yung Lean fans were so shit? I honestly thought it'd be a lot more chill. Oh well, it was still a fun time!

Is anyone in Sydney/surrounding areas going to see Toro y Moi at the Oxford Art Factory tomorrow night? I'm so excited, ahh! And then on the 6th I have Mac DeMarco, then on the 7th I see Bloc Party! Thinking about getting tickets for Disclosure on the 5th if I can find them on Gumtree. Busy week!

Will have a listen to yung lean, as all other acts mentioned are prettay good.

I need to go to more gigs. Moving to melbourne killed it for me.
Venues too many and too far apart
And lack of free tickets that I could score in adelaide.

Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams
Beck - Dreams

Hmm, can't even remember if I listened to new beck.

New blur actually might pop a song on my list too.

Also new bowie is out? I need internets asap.

Stackboy

This is my ideal new years. I hate the 'oh you have to go out and celebrate and PARTY WOOOOOOOO' mindset that everybody seems to have.

I don't like my chances of convincing my party loving wife of this, but you never know. Even like a board games party, or spinning 90's music videos in my living room while drinking sounds fantastic.

Sounds like Dick Smith are officially fucked. Receivers appointed, trading halt placed on shares.

Oh no!! I have a voucher to use! Maybe I'll pop into my local this afternoon.

Shaneus

So I bought Bloodborne. Most of the time it's "I have no fucking idea what I'm doing" but I think I'm slowly getting a grasp of it. Haven't really progressed, but I'm starting to get an itch of wanting to play it again just to try stuff out.

It begins?

industrian

I'm starting to hate waiting for this PS4.

Especially since Australia Post's tracker is worth less than nothing.

The real question: after Dick Smiths changed from an electronics store to a home electronics store, where do kids buy wires and little motors and light bulbs and things?
If kids buy wires and little motors they end up in jail or deported.

I'm starting to hate waiting for this PS4.

Especially since Australia Post's tracker is worth less than nothing.

Correct, AusPost can be hideous, I'm having a good run currently. My delivery issue was with Toll >_<

Jintor

thought i was going back on the 5th. looked again. actually going back on the 6th

damnit if it wasn't raining i'd go to the beach or something

industrian

Correct, AusPost can be hideous, I'm having a good run currently. My delivery issue was with Toll >_<

I'm lucky enough to have never had any issue with couriers.

Living in the countryside in Scotland is hilarious though. "We've left your package at your local depot" - 100km away.

Then again, 100km is probably a quick drive for most Australians.

industrian

If my PS4 doesn't arrive today I may go nuclear.

I think the delivery times are until 3pm. If that's so then I've got another hour to wait.

dity

It may be the unpopular opinion but I'd say that auspost is actually the best of a bad bunch.
At the bottom you'd either have Toll or CourierPlease

Oh no I'd agree. At least when they fail to reach me (the usual) I can pick my package up in the same day.

Dead Man

Oh no I'd agree. At least when they fail to reach me (the usual) I can pick my package up in the same day.

Yeah, at least they have lots of offices and keep somewhat normal retail hours. Some of the others are impossible if you miss the package.

senahorse

AusPost is one of my favourites (as in most reliable) up there with FedEx, I also have very good experiences with DHL (which I think work with AusPost).

MoonGred

AusPost is one of my favourites (as in most reliable) up there with FedEx, I also have very good experiences with DHL (which I think work with AusPost).

Isn't FedEx the one that doesn't allow you to pick up from a post office in case they missed you.

I'm surprised that nobody has bagged CourierPlease, they told me they have to drive out of their way to deliver my parcel.

industrian

So the AusPost person came and ... nothing. No PS4.

Fuck this shit. Maybe if they had a separate fucking status than "In Transit" I could have actually done something during today. Such as sleep in until 1pm.

MoonGred

Fuck this shit. Maybe if they had a separate fucking status than "In Transit" I could have actually done something during today. Such as sleep in until 1pm.

Did it actually say "out for delivery" on their website? If so it will most likely still come.

dity

Yeah, at least they have lots of offices and keep somewhat normal retail hours. Some of the others are impossible if you miss the package.
"WHAT, YOU MISSED US ON A FRIDAY? PICK IT UP TUESDAY!"

It peeves me when couriers do this. Toll did this to me when I purchased a Raspberry Pi.

AusPost tracking will say "With driver for delivery today" if its going to be delivered that day.

If it says "In Transit" it is either on its way to the local depot or sitting at the local depot waiting to be sorted.

Side note: I've worked in logistics for 12 years and all couriers are terrible.

industrian

Did it actually say "out for delivery" on their website? If so it will most likely still come.
AusPost tracking will say "With driver for delivery today" if its going to be delivered that day.

If it says "In Transit" it is either on its way to the local depot or sitting at the local depot waiting to be sorted.

Side note: I've worked in logistics for 12 years and all couriers are terrible.

Last update: Mon 04 Jan 2016 14:06. Shipping information approved by Australia Post

From my understanding now, the idea that it would be delivered today is based on me expecting next-day delivery combined with ebay's own "Estimated delivery date: 5 January". So today's events were essentially me hyping myself up for nothing.

But yeah. Target dispatched it yesterday. Meaning that I probably won't see it until next week. Something that I ordered on the 29 December. Good job, Target.

If there's anything wrong with the PS4 when I eventually get it then you'll probably see me in the evening news.

AusPost courier is dif to the mail man remember!

He delivered an eParcel, so it was the courier dude.

If it's 9.5mm then it should work fine.

Jesus, all this talk of deliveries. Trigger Warning!

I have been organising for my cat to accompany me to the UK. Oh jesus christ. I am already dead.
But I cannot even contemplate leaving him behind or giving him up, so that's that. He had a rabies vaccination today but the costs involved and general rigmarole are staggering.

What's worse is that we are both well and truly fucked if I ever decide to bring him back here.

enjoy your PS4 industrian. Would you advise getting an AU one over one in the UK (ie that has a warranty)? My US sourced launch unit's problems have me thinking having a warranty might be preferable to saving the cash.

Dead Man

Jesus, all this talk of deliveries. Trigger Warning!

I have been organising for my cat to accompany me to the UK. Oh jesus christ. I am already dead.
But I cannot even contemplate leaving him behind or giving him up, so that's that. He had a rabies vaccination today but the costs involved and general rigmarole are staggering.

What's worse is that we are both well and truly fucked if I ever decide to bring him back here.

enjoy your PS4 industrian. Would you advise getting an AU one over one in the UK (ie that has a warranty)? My US sourced launch unit's problems have me thinking having a warranty might be preferable to saving the cash.

My sister recently moved back to Perth from Canada and brought a cat she had adopted over there. Seemed tedious in terms of time, but not too bad overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom