• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

dity

Facebook just gave me this.

12417698_925866197521045_2838005601292476622_n.jpg

Good timing
This means wars.

I got it on PC

The battle system is great. Everything else is ehhhh. Oh actually I really like the music.

Pretty much my sentiment so far.

There are story reasons Vanille has an Aussie accent. When you get to where she's originally from, you'll notice a lot of didgeridoos creeping into the soundtrack.

Also, I hated Snow so much.

Snow is mostly badass because he uses his fists.

Im gonna play for a few more hours before I give up (because I will)

also first novel i'd ever read with an asian kid in it getting laid

An imaginative work of fiction then?

I've never read the books or seen the movie (I'm more of a 'The Tripods' person myself) but it sounds like TV would be a better format for the setting, more room for explanation, easier to do on a lower budget, sell it to streaming services, etc.

I also like the idea of action fantasy series being made here.

An imaginative work of fiction then?

I've never read the books or seen the movie (I'm more of a 'The Tripods' person myself) but it sounds like TV would be a better format for the setting, more room for explanation, easier to do on a lower budget, sell it to streaming services, etc.

I also like the idea of action fantasy series being made here.

Yeah I didn't big on the movie, mainly due to the structure. TV series is perfect for it.

r1chard

Oh man, I loved The Tripods as a kid. Had no idea it'd been turned into a TV series - right about the time I was reading it too!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Your Hottest 100 votes:
Blur - Go Out
Blur - There Are Too Many Of Us
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Major Lazer - Blaze Up The Fire {Ft. Chronixx}
Major Lazer - Too Original {Ft. Elliphant/Jovi Rockwell}
Muse - Psycho
Tyler, The Creator - DEATHCAMP
Death Grips - Have a Sad Cum BB
Death Grips - Why a Bitch Gotta Lie
Tyler, The Creator - RUN

DONE.

Now I can worry about 2016.

Edit: now in convenient playlist format for people https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdRVWB94J4Qk9Izko5FFPx7WfSW_a7Okp

Deeku

i heard about those john marsden books but the only book of his i ever read was staying alive in year 5. loved that book lol!

I've only seen the Red Right Hand version, which while admittedly really cool kind of seems weird with the lyrics.

Way, way back when I was in Year 12, we did a school grading test, one comprehension and one math to adjust schools for university entry scores and the English/comprehension exam included an analysis of Red Right Hand. Loved the song ever since.

also first novel i'd ever read with an asian kid in it getting laid
Come to think of it, me too. I don't know if I've ever seen another example of the same kind of pairing in any other Australian fiction. The highest profile interracial pairing I've seen was in Looking for Alibrandi and these days that barely even counts.

Latino people just don't appear in Australian media, so I've never come across anything like the "Asian men aren't sexy" bias. Thanks in part to a bunch of other negative stereotypes, being cast as non-sexual in media isn't a widespread problem for Latino people... except for in That 70s Show. Fez is depressing for all the same reasons Raj from The Big Bang Theory is.

lol, I think it was the same for me when I read them at 12.
John Marsden taking all of our innocence.

MoonGred

So I think Australians just got shafted and will end up paying $1100. Trying to get confirmation but if that's the case I'll be cancelling asap. I'm keen for VR but not that keen

MoonGred

Pretty sure price is in aud, e.g. if you change to UK it changes to pounds.

True but it would mean that we pay less for the thing shipped than Americans would before shipping.
There's also a reply on their forums from a community manager saying the prices are in usd. Regardless of that I've sent a support ticket for clarification.

senahorse

True but it would mean that we pay less for the thing shipped than Americans would before shipping.
There's also a reply on their forums from a community manager saying the prices are in usd. Regardless of that I've sent a support ticket for clarification.

I will remain optimistic, if you change to nz the price goes to 699, also keep in mind our shipping is 130 compared to US 30. There is also the chance gst still needs to be applied to that 780.

The can't believe all of the posts saying the price is way higher than they were expecting.

eedjets

Due to the Facebook money behind them I expected them to price aggressively but all the recent tweets/blogs have made it very evident they don't want to be disruptive initially.
This is more of a soft launch than a big coming out. Get the consumer version out quietly, get the games out, improve and make the thing cost effective before going mainstream with demo units in every electronics store and marketing all over Facebook.

Shaneus

Day one buyers would be damn happy seeing that price now, pretty awesome they are getting a free one. Good reward for supporting them at the start.
I'm wondering how many day one supporters had theirs, saw the DK2, sold their DK1 to some chump (probably made their money back) and are now getting a free retail Rift. Surprised to hear there's not a lot of stories like that popping up.

I'm wondering how many day one supporters had theirs, saw the DK2, sold their DK1 to some chump (probably made their money back) and are now getting a free retail Rift. Surprised to hear there's not a lot of stories like that popping up.

Pretty sure there was only like 6000 people who bought the DK1 I think? Kritz or someone might be able to clarify that.

Either way worked out well for them!

I have no issue with the local price for the Rift, just a victim of our low low dollar and insane shipping costs. Without a local presence I expected postage to be painful unless Oculus ate a portion of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom