• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Jesus, all this talk of deliveries. Trigger Warning!

I have been organising for my cat to accompany me to the UK. Oh jesus christ. I am already dead.
But I cannot even contemplate leaving him behind or giving him up, so that's that. He had a rabies vaccination today but the costs involved and general rigmarole are staggering.

What's worse is that we are both well and truly fucked if I ever decide to bring him back here.

My partner and I would like a cat, but we don't actually know what country we'll be living in from July 2016 onwards (our current plan is for my partner to study a Masters degree in Scotland from Summer 2016). I've lived in six countries in the last six years, and even if we settle in Scotland for a while we would consider going back to Taiwan or Australia if something good came up. With that uncertainty, I don't want to get a cat until we're settled.

enjoy your PS4 industrian. Would you advise getting an AU one over one in the UK (ie that has a warranty)? My US sourced launch unit's problems have me thinking having a warranty might be preferable to saving the cash.

I believe that the cheapest price for a PS4 in the UK is around AU$530. In Australia I have essentially bought a PS3 and PS4 for cheaper than the standard retail price of a PS4. Maybe consumer protection is better in the UK/EU so paying more would be worth it.

But with me bouncing around different countries, I tend to play a bit fast and loose with warranties. I got my PS3 (launch model) from Canada, my Vita is Taiwanese, my 360 is from the UK, and now I have an Australian PS3 and PS4. That doesn't even factor in my laptop, NAS, etc - nor does it component parts (hard drives, etc).

N0VAM0D

Will have a listen to yung lean, as all other acts mentioned are prettay good.

I need to go to more gigs. Moving to melbourne killed it for me.

He's definitely not for everyone, and is actually a pretty shitty rapper, but that's the whole sound and vibe that it's meant to give off. Production values are absolutely awesome though. e m o t i o n a l

You'd think moving to Melbourne would mean more gigs!

Also, Toro y Moi was incredible last night, WOWOWOOWWO. Fantastic performance, and he was playing banger after banger. I also got to touch Chaz's arm as he walked past me and apologised that he had to go~ swoon~

So I bought Bloodborne. Most of the time it's "I have no fucking idea what I'm doing" but I think I'm slowly getting a grasp of it. Haven't really progressed, but I'm starting to get an itch of wanting to play it again just to try stuff out.

It begins?

I'm playing it right now actually! For the second time, with the DLC. It's such a great game, agh! Playing it through again is really great because you notice so many little story things that you didn't the first time or whatever. Good stuff.

Gotta love having dedicated days off then out of no where, at the last minute, "hey i need you to work tomorrow" hey how about no. ive been off sick last two days for a fucking REASON. i didnt ask for my day off off because it was supposed to be a DAY OFF. then you ask me to come in because you "need people"? fuck off, you have 5 casuals you could call on.

fuck my life my boss shits me. nevermind she STILL hasn't done the roster for the next two weeks, despite the fact today is the last day of the last roster.

FUCK.

hello im having a good day

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
He's definitely not for everyone, and is actually a pretty shitty rapper, but that's the whole sound and vibe that it's meant to give off. Production values are absolutely awesome though. e m o t i o n a l

Also, Toro y Moi was incredible last night, WOWOWOOWWO. Fantastic performance, and he was playing banger after banger. I also got to touch Chaz's arm as he walked past me and apologised that he had to go~ swoon~
Ahaha awesome!

And cool, will pop it on the list of things to do when I have the Internet! Huzzah.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Gotta love having dedicated days off then out of no where, at the last minute, "hey i need you to work tomorrow" hey how about no. ive been off sick last two days for a fucking REASON. i didnt ask for my day off off because it was supposed to be a DAY OFF. then you ask me to come in because you "need people"? fuck off, you have 5 casuals you could call on.

fuck my life my boss shits me. nevermind she STILL hasn't done the roster for the next two weeks, despite the fact today is the last day of the last roster.

FUCK.

That roster shit is awful. If you're not on a regular schedule, the buggers should need to inform atleast a fortnight out.

It's not like they're running a business and can forsee busy periods or anything.

Holy triple post holy.

FUCK.

Uughhh that sucks, especially the roster thing. My previous work did that. It's so slack, and impossible to make any plans until the roster comes out. I do love how dramatic higher ups get about finding replacements though. I had to call in sick a few weeks ago and my manager got really mad and told me no one could cover and it was jeopardising the company and stuff (this is the first time I've called in sick in the two years I've worked there) and surprise surprise an hour after trying to convince me I had to work someone could cover after all.

MoonGred

I'm playing it right now actually! For the second time, with the DLC. It's such a great game, agh! Playing it through again is really great because you notice so many little story things that you didn't the first time or whatever. Good stuff.

How was the crowd at Toro? More civil than the YL crowd?

They'd have to refund the deposits wouldn't they?

Clive are you moving permanently?

that's the idea since I have dual citizenship and an EU passport but having said that, you can't say anything for certain. I thought I was moving to the US permanently a few years back too when I got permanent residency for there too.

The weird thing is how ACA actually used to balance the shonky tradesman and he like with actual news stories. Bring back Jana Wendt.

I just can't watch Frontline anymore. It's not remotely satirical any more the way ACA is now. Even 60 Minutes is only a quarter of an hour of its former self. Also: Bring back Jana Wendt.

My partner and I would like a cat, but we don't actually know what country we'll be living in from July 2016 onwards (our current plan is for my partner to study a Masters degree in Scotland from Summer 2016). I've lived in six countries in the last six years, and even if we settle in Scotland for a while we would consider going back to Taiwan or Australia if something good came up. With that uncertainty, I don't want to get a cat until we're settled.

for the best.
).

Cats (and dogs) are great but you need to be sure you're going to stay in one country for a looooong time.

Also: the reactions of any people of my parent's generation when you tell them how much it costs to send a pet one way (3 quotes, only one is slightly lower than 3k). They all have grandkiddies so the concept of a fur baby is just anathema to them.

Axiom

In my 'finish story heavy things so I can go back and listen to the Giant Bomb awards without fear of spoilers' quest, it turns out I didn't like playing Undertale one bit and the story and how clever it is does in no way make up for it.

Now onto Life is Strange.

dity

From: http://dicksmithholdings.com.au/wp-...-Hodgson-Dick-Smith-Holdings-January-2016.pdf

"outstanding gift vouchers cannot be honoured and deposits cannot be refunded. Affected customers wil become unsecured creditors of the Group."
The PDF says they have no idea why their financial situation is in the pits, but I can give them a hint: their stores suck. They're like a more expensive micro-JBHiFi these days. Their aesthetic is "we sell just not enough of what you want for just over the amount you want to pay."

Shaneus

I worked out what I was doing wrong... in the dream world bit or something there were three of those blue dirt men that gave me weapons. Before that, I didn't have any and was just trying to punch people to death. The game's opened up completely now!

Deja Vu. It's a potato scallop in Qld but I signify my understanding that It's called something else in other places. Let's not start 2016 with a fight and just all be cool and agree to disagree.

Gonna see TFA for the second time this arvo to relive the adventures of
Mary Sue, Jar Jar, Shouty Pilot Guy who's in it for 2 minutes, beach ball robot, Grumpy old man, Hairy Dude, cokehead starlet who didn't age that well but is otherwise awesome and that guy who stands on a rock in the middle of nowhere and looks slightly surprised you found him.

Without even looking at the link: potato cake. Scalloped potatoes are completely different.

Edit: at work, working at like 50% efficiency. Reason I had to come in was because everyone else is "sick". One has night terrors which are awful but my mate has those and functions just fine. One is on leave somehow despite going on a 2 week trip less than a month ago and using it all up. The other "can't". So they call in the 4 and a half month pregnant lady and the guy who cant really move his muscles. Hooraayyyyy

Edit2: played some final fantasy 13 last night for an hour. How long is it till the camera sucks less? Why is it so loose and hard to control when I'm literally in a corridor. Why is that one girl Australian and also incredibly annoying. The battle system is OK so far. Would be nice if I could position my active player. Why am I playing as 3 different people. Snow is pretty badass. Lightning seems like a dick so far. Kid is annoying. Should I have just bought 13-2 instead

MoonGred

Without even looking at the link: potato cake. Scalloped potatoes are completely different.

Edit: at work, working at like 50% efficiency. Reason I had to come in was because everyone else is "sick". One has night terrors which are awful but my mate has those and functions just fine. One is on leave somehow despite going on a 2 week trip less than a month ago and using it all up. The other "can't". So they call in the 4 and a half month pregnant lady and the guy who cant really move his muscles. Hooraayyyyy

Edit2: played some final fantasy 13 last night for an hour. How long is it till the camera sucks less? Why is it so loose and hard to control when I'm literally in a corridor. Why is that one girl Australian and also incredibly annoying. The battle system is OK so far. Would be nice if I could position my active player. Why am I playing as 3 different people. Snow is pretty badass. Lightning seems like a dick so far. Kid is annoying. Should I have just bought 13-2 instead

Did you get it on pc mega?

Stackboy

Dick Smith won't honour vouchers, preorders, or deposits.

Sorry guys.

If someone gets you a voucher for DSE for xmas, they don't love you.

My parents never have any idea what to buy me for my birthday, so they usually get me a Dick Smith voucher, I hadn't spent last birthdays one yet :(

Now onto Life is Strange.

I am playing Life is Strange super slowly, but it is pretty great.

No shutup stop it, no more food name talk please oh god make it stop who cares.

What kind of monster calls it hashbrowns or fritters is what I want to know.

What do you call an actual scallop then?

I've never ordered a marine bivalve mollusc from my local takeaway place, and never will.

ONk8FAi.jpg

The battle system is great. Everything else is ehhhh. Oh actually I really like the music.

There are story reasons Vanille has an Aussie accent. When you get to where she's originally from, you'll notice a lot of didgeridoos creeping into the soundtrack.

Also, I hated Snow so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom