• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon were shipping to Australia for a while. They appear to have stopped that now, and they went out of stock anyway.

It looks like I could get twice what I paid for the Steam Controller on eBay.

Actually, looks like the Controller is available on Amazon again, and ships to Australia. As is the Link.

Nice one! Ordered! Has the added bonus of allowing delivery to a pick up point so I can get them in under the wife's radar....

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
lcd soundsystem reunion fuck yesh

nice list
a lot I haven't heard lol
Ocean Drive is such a catchy ass song

respect for death grips
still haven't listened to their new lp tho :'(

still gotta do my own list
this past year I've listened to triple J the least ever. mainly play my own tunes on phone in car now

Yeah I don't think I have outside of 30 mins a dozen times in the office.

Death Grips wasn't even on their list :( had to add it myself. Was a double album! You should get on it.

Cheers,
Nick

Yeah I don't think I have outside of 30 mins a dozen times in the office.

Death Grips wasn't even on their list :( had to add it myself. Was a double album! You should get on it.

Cheers,
Nick

I will get on it soon!

I never know when I go to vote in the hottest 100 whether I should vote for what I consider my true top 10 of the year (which often requires manually adding songs), or top 10 songs triple J play. if the point of it is true top 10 adding them seems like a waste of time cause they're never gonna rank anyway. this year I think I might make two lists o_O

Yours Sincerely,
John

Rezbit

Didn't really listen to Triple J much either last year except sometimes on the way to work, has got a bit too talky for my liking. Still better than commercial radio though. Overall I enjoyed a lot of diverse music but nothing really stood out as a classic. I haven't voted or anything.

Random top 10:

Scud Books - Hudson Mohawke

Indian Summer - Jai Wolf

Shutdown - Skepta

Wasted Time - Best Coast

Distant Past - Everything Everything

Push Pull - Purity Ring

Sure Love - Jarryd James

Devil's Whisper - Raury

The Blacker The Berry - Kendrick Lamar

Let It Happen - Tame Impala

jambo

I'm not voting, but here are my top 10 tracks from 2015

IjXCUEK.png

and albums

sHkGNUq.png

One area where last.fm kinda misses out is listening time. Some of the prog stuff I listen to is 15-45 minutes long, so it might only get a few plays, but actually took up a big chunk of listening time.

I don't listen to music, so I'll do my hottest 10 movies instead. Not really in any order.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Mad Max: Fury Road
Ex Machina
Inside Out
It Follows
The Martian
Straight Outta Compton
Creed
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Sicario

Speaking of movies - someone recommended Gimme the Loot a while back. Watched it on Netflix recently. Reminded me a lot of Do the Right Thing, but not quite as good.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Japan's greatest contribution to society is instant noodles with mayonnaise. When I lived in Tokyo I think I was addicted to them.

Stackboy

I think I'm done with Kickstarters.

I backed Amplitude and my code doesn't work. Known problem.

People who didn't back it are able to play it and I'm not.

Plus I've had a history of being frustrated with how Kickstarters have handled media content.

Shaneus

I think I'm done with Kickstarters.

I backed Amplitude and my code doesn't work. Known problem.

People who didn't back it are able to play it and I'm not.

Plus I've had a history of being frustrated with how Kickstarters have handled media content.
I found the same with the Pinball Arcade ones. Packs are usually up for purchase before they sort their shit out with console keys.

Gazunta

I get so paranoid about that. Even though I know it's cost me sales I make sure my comics don't go on sale online until all the Kickstarter / Patreon backers get their copies, or I've at least sent them out and given them a while to get there.

MoonGred

I just saw the van come and go without stopping here.

I wonder if I could go pick it up from the Chullora facility.

You can't. I've been in the exact same position as you are and it's so frustrating. For them to send it out for delivery it has to be at the distribution centre by 6am, or it most likely won't go out for delivery.

industrian

You can't. I've been in the exact same position as you are and it's so frustrating. For them to send it out for delivery it has to be at the distribution centre by 6am, or it most likely won't go out for delivery.

:/

Oh well, at least I know where it is.

Don't they deliver on Saturday?

Hey AusGAF, i'm looking to offload 67 gaming magazines from the mid 90's to early 00's.
I'm in WA and so i'm looking for a WA buyer, since postage for the lot is too expensive to make it worthwhile.
All 67 for $50, i'm not keen on splitting them up sorry! Send me a PM if you're interested :)

industrian

Regarding the Saturday delivery, I found this:

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/saturday-delivery.html

But I've resigned myself to a Monday delivery.

Hey AusGAF, i'm looking to offload 67 gaming magazines from the mid 90's to early 00's.
I'm in WA and so i'm looking for a WA buyer, since postage for the lot is too expensive to make it worthwhile.
All 67 for $50, i'm not keen on splitting them up sorry! Send me a PM if you're interested :)

Part of me still wishes that I kept my gaming magazines from the 90s... but then I realise I have half a suitcase filled with magazines/brochures from TGS 2009 that I both want to get rid of but don't want to be wasted.

Incidentally, if anyone wants that TGS stuff and wouldn't throw it away - let me know in a month when I'm back in Taiwan.

Stackboy

I found the same with the Pinball Arcade ones. Packs are usually up for purchase before they sort their shit out with console keys.

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. I backed a cartoon series at $35. They ended up releasing each episode on Youtube first. To get it early or to download it you had to be in the $50 bracket. I feel like I got pretty ripped off when the product I paid for gets released first on Youtube, rather than being offered to me as a download. But I should have read the fine print on which tier gets to download each episode.

Anyway, lesson learned, no more Kickstarters.

I get so paranoid about that. Even though I know it's cost me sales I make sure my comics don't go on sale online until all the Kickstarter / Patreon backers get their copies, or I've at least sent them out and given them a while to get there.

I get that would be hard, with wanting to maximize your sales.

Part of me still wishes that I kept my gaming magazines from the 90s... but then I realise I have half a suitcase filled with magazines/brochures from TGS 2009 that I both want to get rid of but don't want to be wasted.

Incidentally, if anyone wants that TGS stuff and wouldn't throw it away - let me know in a month when I'm back in Taiwan.

Tell me about it... these have been in my cupboard forever, on the off chance i want to find something i recall reading once. Most are on retromags and the like now, the rest i've just taken pictures of some memorable articles.

But yeah, i have stacks and stacks of brochures too, from several visits to Japan. Selling these mags has become a necessity since i'm moving over there soon. Afraid how much paper i'll collect once that happens!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm not voting, but here are my top 10 tracks from 2015

.png

and albums

.png

One area where last.fm kinda misses out is listening time. Some of the prog stuff I listen to is 15-45 minutes long, so it might only get a few plays, but actually took up a big chunk of listening time.

Good idea! How was Noels album? I heard one or two tracks and enjoyed but I never really gave it any time.

Mine!

Top Songs:
Kn7uuT3.png

Top Albums:
mcw0jW9.png

jambo

I have way too many old issues of PCPP. Always funny to open one up from the late 90s and look at the hardware section.

Jintor

i have 1 edition where they reviewed the original sims. then 2 editions where they previewed War3 and something else. Then a gap all the way until a month or three before i started working there. then no mags since I left.

Gazunta

I chucked all the Australian* and US mags I had accumulated years ago and never looked back. UK game mags forever <3

* except for the ones that I wrote in. Man looking through 20 year old copies of TV Week is hilarious. Australia was really concerned with Kim Wilson back then

a lot to check out on your list rezbit thanks for posting

Speaking of movies - someone recommended Gimme the Loot a while back. Watched it on Netflix recently. Reminded me a lot of Do the Right Thing, but not quite as good.

That woulda been me
That's a nice comparison lol and pretty accurate
It differs a bit to me as I found it very sweet and that's an area of emotion Do The Right Thing isn't really about. But yeah Do The Right Thing is phenomenal so it's not in the same ball park.

I just finished Sick in the Head by Judd Apatow. Bit early but it's already feeling like it could be my book of the year. If you've got any interest in stand-up or whatever I'd highly recommend it. See Apatow in a whole new light now.

last.fm scrobbling was stuffing up for me for most of last year because of the proxy my internet overlords utilised so it's not very accurate. I feel like this list from iTunes is pretty close though

most played tracks in 2015
agiuNgE.png

I like korean music too much now lol

industrian

haha, didn't you live in Korea ? Their noodles are god tier compared to Japan.

Maybe I was eating the wrong kind then, but everything from the packaging to the usability of the packaging to the toppings was far better in Japan. Plus sometimes I don't want spicy noodles. :p

Japanese noodles > Korean noodles > Taiwanese noodles > Eating a wet piece of paper > Coles/Woolworths Noodles.

Can't argue at 99 cents for a pack of 5 though.

industrian

Regarding the music thing, last year I discovered Emerson, Lake & Palmer and that dominated my listening for most of the year. That and the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack and the slowed-down Chipmunks stuff.

Cerity

Maybe I was eating the wrong kind then, but everything from the packaging to the usability of the packaging to the toppings was far better in Japan. Plus sometimes I don't want spicy noodles. :p

Japanese noodles > Korean noodles > Taiwanese noodles > Eating a wet piece of paper > Coles/Woolworths Noodles.

Can't argue at 99 cents for a pack of 5 though.

This is what plastic cheese is for. Adds a nice creaminess to the soup while turning down the spiciness.

industrian

This is what plastic cheese is for. Adds a nice creaminess to the soup while turning down the spiciness.

Unless it's cooked into something (pizza, lasagne, etc) then I don't like cheese.

I picked up some of the Connoisseur stick ice creams at Coles ($3.99 per box).

The Mexican Chili Chocolate with Churros is pretty good. I also got the Montana Mint and some Cookies and Cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom