• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

dity

1) Give them some food and water.
2) Give them somewhere to sleep.
3) ???
4) Profit.

My grandmother's cat ended up overweight with a broken leg as a result of "hunting" when she just left her to do whatever. Poor thing's leg healed up but she can't ever "hunt" again.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My grandmother's cat ended up overweight with a broken leg as a result of "hunting" when she just left her to do whatever. Poor thing's leg healed up but she can't ever "hunt" again.

My cat came back home to die after getting an ear infection during a fight (in one of her hunting trips). My mum took her to vet in time, and from then on my cat never went far from the house. Then she got arthritis and just preferred staying inside where it was warm. She got a bit fat but the weight came and went with the seasons. She lived until the age of 19 (1992-2011).

I (obviously) greatly prefer cats to dogs. Dogs, from my experience, are just noise.

[*]Sunday, phone now resets immediately and constantly turns itself on and off when trying to wake it by button press. Phone call to Google (Nexus 5) confirms it's a hardware issue.
If you can be quick, press and hold the power and up (? or maybe it's down, I forget!) buttons, and it'll go to the recovery mode. If you're lucky, you'll be able to navigate through to either reset the cache (first) or factory reset (if cache clear fails, obviously you'll lose all your data). Might take a few attempts, especially if you're unfamiliar with it.

This problem happened to me (and to r1chard at the same time) in November. Luckily for me it was only out of warranty a couple of days, so I got a replacement.

dity

My cat came back home to die after getting an ear infection during a fight (in one of her hunting trips). My mum took her to vet in time, and from then on my cat never went far from the house. Then she got arthritis and just preferred staying inside where it was warm. She got a bit fat but the weight came and went with the seasons. She lived until the age of 19 (1992-2011).

I (obviously) greatly prefer cats to dogs. Dogs, from my experience, are just noise.

Aw, the poor baby.

She is ridiculously low maintenance. You give her food in the morning and in the evening. Bam. Sometimes pettings.

When there's only one person home it's frequent petting. Plus poopy tray changeovers. Not saying its hard, but if she also needed to go for walks and had to give her baths I'd probably want to kill her (more than I already do when she pukes)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
myOzxHZ.png

How much longer do I need to sit beside the front door?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Agreed. My kitties aren't allowed out of the house. Mostly coz they're dumb and would never come back and probably be killed by wildlife.

Weird. TDM said almost the same thing about you.
Puh lease. Have you seen me? I'm super high maintenance. I require constant feeding and pets. And the gifts. Oh god the gifts.
When there's only one person home it's frequent petting. Plus poopy tray changeovers. Not saying its hard, but if she also needed to go for walks and had to give her baths I'd probably want to kill her (more than I already do when she pukes)

Wah wah wah

:p

Quasar

Agreed. My kitties aren't allowed out of the house. Mostly coz they're dumb and would never come back and probably be killed by wildlife.

Luckily for me mine doesn't even really try to leave the yard. But then he is a ragdoll. And I think because he was raised alongside a dog he rarely uses a box, he prefers to go out in the yard. Which causes problems in wet weather as he gets upset he can't go.

Quasar

Watched the first episode of the new Food Safari show called Fire which is all about cooking with fire. Pretty damn good. Really makes me want my own smoker.

senahorse

Ours are indoor only, though we have built an enclosure (basically netting and a cat door) on the balcony, lets us put the stinky litter out there as well. Less worried about them (although she would get catnapped to anyone that offered her a treat) and more about the wildlife in that situation.

While we're talking about dogs vs cats - if dogs have to be confined to a property so should cats. Just sayin'.

I don't have a problem with dogs so much, it's more the owners, that leave them there, don't walk them, play with them etc. The rest of the neighborhood then needs to put up with a constant "woof woof woof woof woof", shit is grating.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
It's not hers and she knows it, she just gets into it because she gets jealous (never mind she gets most of the attention).

The owner is this little guy:

KcH7TNaSMHqLSYykve6aBKpI-ZF9xdyfLHU7EB2kcB2_6c4pN2kntFduaRAk36G4XnZDu3Mp639lz23-4O_wg6BKp09PVGNTHNMrgYGh8BgpVvEW1k_ylEH-Z1-McqY0sXLJziUynqwZRM8u9vwNoCnQKDqX_KtUElc4cNFT3TGPJ5Kf3d4us1ovJWkTUvDANmDC90smd_B-TlyJm1kUjoeqVKEm3AlUdoabUgD3IQsmjrh5NY6ZSm7RHTRyhl1NmP0X22KN3afZChXfv3f0Gkm-DuCLtYPn60HyMyKpMKIZNtQ_9-_XnzhNDM637mAh0R-8hlWyewykIEsqwymgg_lfW7ud9nH6OV4qFV_J8EA-wUJpJO7NgA5e09zKPVBSoOawXh5ZCWZofu0ZaLTm9OTo2JT-RHYDcLhN9HZs05y7eK7-OlTdDeI6_YLjuB6rkSrmD8f0D_JRqTNG_uTq5tKbra4FPhOkG-4UxqVN2p2WRI9LzXb2rBdvQHZjYS6WDTe1b7N2kRSv-CbSilxbuoug4iurKlZ6oqKPQiSP0jyjxfZxbLvpd-LWe6DF_ECea5rp=w520-h390-no
So cute :3
Luckily for me mine doesn't even really try to leave the yard. But then he is a ragdoll. And I think because he was raised alongside a dog he rarely uses a box, he prefers to go out in the yard. Which causes problems in wet weather as he gets upset he can't go.
Yeah ragdolls are pretty chill. I love them so much. My workmate has one and he just flops around all day.
Ours are indoor only, though we have built an enclosure (basically netting and a cat door) on the balcony, lets us put the stinky litter out there as well. Less worried about them (although she would get catnapped to anyone that offered her a treat) and more about the wildlife in that situation.
My parents want to make one of those. I'm sure the cats would love it

While we're talking about dogs vs cats - if dogs have to be confined to a property so should cats. Just sayin'.
I agree :( especially here in Australia with such a fragile ecosystem.

I used to hate dogs, they scared me so much. Now Ive somehow become a dog person I think.

Roulette

If you can be quick, press and hold the power and up (? or maybe it's down, I forget!) buttons, and it'll go to the recovery mode. If you're lucky, you'll be able to navigate through to either reset the cache (first) or factory reset (if cache clear fails, obviously you'll lose all your data). Might take a few attempts, especially if you're unfamiliar with it.

This problem happened to me (and to r1chard at the same time) in November. Luckily for me it was only out of warranty a couple of days, so I got a replacement.

I might give it a try, but the power button is seriously a hair trigger atm. The only way I can unlock to main menu (assuming it boots at all) is by plugging in/unplugging the power cable.

I want to see if I get some files off it before I give up.

Puh lease. Have you seen me? I'm super high maintenance. I require constant feeding and pets. And the gifts. Oh god the gifts.
What does tiddums say in response to that?
Fair enough. I stand corrected.

Excellent. Keep up the good work. What you guys do is incredible.
Contemplated getting into vet nursing but I know I'd just cry too much. I can deal with people dying, not animals.

Cheers. The work is hard when people behave like jambo. Despite jambo and jase joking around, it hurts and is very frustrating because since the jokes exist, people BELIEVE THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom