• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Whaaaat
That doesn't even sound like an ice-cream flavour
I would like to try it though lol

I had chilli ice cream in Yilan, Taiwan. It was a literal mindfuck. My brain broke down trying to rationalise the heat of the chili with the ice cream. It was great stuff though, if anyone ever goes to Yilan, try it out. They make chilli chocolate as well - and also the best salsa I've ever had in my entire life.

This Connoisseur stuff wasn't nearly as strong as that stuff from Yilan, but it left a good tingling sensation.

I had chilli ice cream in Yilan, Taiwan. It was a literal mindfuck.
I had habanero ice cream at Iwakuni in Japan (south of Hiroshima). And yeah, it's pretty interesting. The experience of both intense heat and salivating because of it, coupled with the cooling effect of the ice cream was pretty memorable.

MoonGred

Are these god tier mayo noodles available in Australia?

should i just listen to the hotline miami 2 ost or should I play the game and be disappointed first?

It's not the worst game, just relies on gun far too often. I'd say play through the game first, it will make listening to the OST that much better

Rahk

I don't listen to radio so no idea what gets played, but this is what I liked from 2015. I tend to listen to albums rather than individual songs so this is more of a top album list, but I'll pick a song from each anyway.

Neon Indian - Slumlord Rising (VEGA INTL. Night School)
--- Speaking of Hotline Miami
Beach House - Space Song (Depression Cherry)
Beach House - The Traveller (Thank Your Lucky Stars)
Deerhunter - Snakeskin (Fading Frontier)
Tobias Jesso Jr. - Without You (Goon)
Lower Dens - Your Heart Still Beating (Escape From Evil)
Empress Of - Water Water (Me)
Jamie xx - Loud Places (feat. Romy) (In Colour)
Braids - Miniskirt (Deep In The Iris)
Purity Ring - Begin Again (Another Eternity)

Echoplx

Cross posting from the Steam thread

Hmm, apparently you can get a Rise of the Tomb Raider code from Asus, even if you have bought the graphics card before the promotion started.

Sadly it's for Asia Pacific only (not including China, Japan and South Korea)

So if you own an Asus GTX 970 or up and live in Asia Pacific, you might want to try your luck here.

Worked for me with a 970 I bought in January last year.

industrian

My girlfriend was looking at those godawful bogan-fodder whiskey+coke things in BWS today and she thought it "looked good".

I told her "Seriously?! Have a bit of class" ... then I proceeded to buy three VB longnecks for myself.

r1chard

Well, that was a damn fine day of gaming. I think we got through 5, maybe 6 different games, by my count. It's all a little muddled actually - including helping the lads (marsh, holy and banana) play some Lego D&D (Heroica) :)

Easy on the tini?

tumblr_mn5ydvQFPv1rkz645o1_400.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well, that was a damn fine day of gaming. I think we got through 5, maybe 6 different games, by my count. It's all a little muddled actually - including helping the lads (marsh, holy and banana) play some Lego D&D (Heroica) :)

Lego pictionary is the game I was born for.

Lego DnD was probably the highlight. Not sure I'll bother coming again unless we are playing that :p
Great day of games though in all seriousness. We should think about starting something long term though. Would be fun.

N0VAM0D

Newy was flooded the other day and today I'm at the beach, what is thissss

not complaining but wow this weather needs to chill out

industrian

My partner was maliciously kicked in the foot today on the train by an East Asian guy. I could only assume it's because he disagrees about interracial relationships and was (typically) too chickenshit to take out his frustrations on a 195cm tall, 100kg white guy.

After he kicked her I gave him a second to apologise (in case it was an accident) but he just gave her a bad look and walked away. I gave him the finger and closely monitored the situation. I'm Glaswegian so if the worst case scenario happens I'm ready to throw down at any time, but my daily 10mg dose of warfarin makes me extra vigilant about shit like that. Thankfully the guy just continued giving us a bad look and got off the train. He also didn't seem to use an Opal card so I guess that's another black mark on his record.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My partner was maliciously kicked in the foot today on the train by an East Asian guy. I could only assume it's because he disagrees about interracial relationships and was (typically) too chickenshit to take out his frustrations on a 195cm tall, 100kg white guy.

After he kicked her I gave him a second to apologise (in case it was an accident) but he just gave her a bad look and walked away. I gave him the finger and closely monitored the situation. I'm Glaswegian so if the worst case scenario happens I'm ready to throw down at any time, but my daily 10mg dose of warfarin makes me extra vigilant about shit like that. Thankfully the guy just continued giving us a bad look and got off the train. He also didn't seem to use an Opal card so I guess that's another black mark on his record.

Now, Rezbit and I were once told about the limits of a citizens arrest. And in that situation, you were perfectly fine to use what ever force necessary to restrain the man until officers came to collect him for not paying for his use of public transportation.

And agreed marsh, no day shall ever occur again without Lego dnd.

Huge props for the self control.

Props for not beating the shit out of him. Not sure what I would do.

Rezbit

Now, Rezbit and I were once told about the limits of a citizens arrest. And in that situation, you were perfectly fine to use what ever force necessary to restrain the man until officers came to collect him for not paying for his use of public transportation.

And agreed marsh, no day shall ever occur again without Lego dnd.

Lmao that kid freaking loved his job.

But yes, kudos on that self control!

legend166

Unless you're actually stopping something in progress, it's just not worth getting into fights with people. You never know if some punk will come up from behind and punch you in the head. Go down and hit concrete and you might end up dead.

I'd be happy to start charging those cowards punch people with attempted murder.

industrian

I can laugh off 90% of the stuff that comes my way, when things affect my partner it's a whole different story. She was more confused by the incident than hurt by it, which is why I didn't react with immediate belligerence. I doubt I would have hit the guy, but I'm just glad that the situation didn't escalate.

Unless you're actually stopping something in progress, it's just not worth getting into fights with people.

You don't have to tell me that. I take warfarin every day, so all it takes is one hit to the head and it's goodnight irene for me.

It makes sense because puppies are 4 times better than kittens but still... Also, check out the depreciation on them. $200 for a puppy, $150 less if you want an older model. Kittens hold their price better but in the end you still have to live with a spiteful, clawed creature that you know is secretly plotting your downfall.

Roulette

You don't have to tell me that. I take warfarin every day, so all it takes is one hit to the head and it's goodnight irene for me.

My 90 year old grandfather took that after they removed cartilage from his shoulder. Said it knocked him around pretty bad. Sorry that shit happened to you, man. You definitely did the right thing. They're not worth your time.

Also, here's a scorecard for the week I had.

In rough chronological order:

• 1am Tuesday morning, bedside clock is noisily turning itself on and off (I go out in the rain to check fusebox and see that several fuses have turned off, so I cycle them back on and go to bed);
  • 1:15am Tuesday morning, repeat of the above (I go back out in the rain and turn all fuses off until morning);
  • Midday Tuesday, Electricity provider comes out and says there was an issue with transformer across road causing power supply to our house to constantly turn on and off (which they fixed);
  • Tuesday night, after working back late I came home to find basement has flooded into my spare room downstairs (I spend from 8pm until midnight manually laying down and draining towels by hand);
  • Wednesday morning, woke up at 4am to repeat of the above (spent until 8am draining basement and then had to go to work after cold shower to finish reports - boss agrees to let me work from home/finish cleaning basement on Thursday);
  • Wednesday, 1pm, hot water fuse tripping repeatedly (no hot water since Tuesday morning);
  • Wednesday, 2pm, I get a desperate call from my sister saying she hasn't received $700 she expected in her bank account and can't check into her Gold Coast hotel. She can't hear me talking on the phone. Eventually she sends me her (initially incorrect) bank details and I go to the bank to loan her the money.
  • Thursday morning, I wake up to clean up basement and login to work emails with my PC, but there's no internet (not by Ethernet anyway, modem still provides internet access by wifi bizarrely enough);
  • 10am Thursday, electricity provider comes back out and advises the hot water system is to blame for fuse turning off over and over;
  • Thursday afternoon, electrician changes thermostat etc. for hot water system ($500 later...);
  • Friday morning, first hot shower in 3 days. Go to work and order new modem.
  • Saturday morning, wake up, try to unwind with some Fallout 4. Kernel error, rainbow screen, video card is toast. Also, phone is now resetting intermittently.
  • Sunday, phone now resets immediately and constantly turns itself on and off when trying to wake it by button press. Phone call to Google (Nexus 5) confirms it's a hardware issue.

tl;dr: house re-floods, modem duds, cash loan, dead phone, lost power, cold shower, dead vid card, life is hard.

Holy fuck! $200 is a reduced price for puppies?

Normally $399 at my shelter.

Have you ever bought a puppy? They're not cheap. And I'd hope these ones come desexed already

They come desexed, up to date vaccinations, behaviour and health checked.

So January 18th is slaughter day?

We don't euthanase animals unless there is an airtight reason. Sorry that I don't find that funny, it isn't the first time I've heard that. It isn't the 100th time I've heard it.

FYI small animals are $30

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Don't make her mad, she'll get you all banned!
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
Normally $399 at my shelter.

They come desexed, up to date vaccinations, behaviour and health checked.

We don't euthanase animals unless there is an airtight reason. Sorry that I don't find that funny, it isn't the first time I've heard that. It isn't the 100th time I've heard it.

FYI small animals are $30
Excellent. Keep up the good work. What you guys do is incredible.
Contemplated getting into vet nursing but I know I'd just cry too much. I can deal with people dying, not animals.

Stackboy

Hey Stackboy, find out where that Dick Smith giftcard got purchased.
Big W, Coles & Woolworths are offering refunds on the ones purchased from them.

Pretty sure my folks bought them directly from Dick Smith, so no luck.

My girlfriend was looking at those godawful bogan-fodder whiskey+coke things in BWS today and she thought it "looked good".

I told her "Seriously?! Have a bit of class" ... then I proceeded to buy three VB longnecks for myself.

I love me some bourbon in tinnies AND VB.

tl;dr: house re-floods, modem duds, cash loan, dead phone, lost power, cold shower, dead vid card, life is hard.

I would blame the ghosts in your house, definitely ghosts.

But seriously, that sucks man.

I upgraded my PS4 HD on the weekend and I can install EVERYTHING.

industrian

Dogs are for people who want kids but hate children (with toy dogs especially being blatant child surrogates for old women with empty nest syndrome).

Cats are for people who want a pet but don't want to really make an effort.

And when the fuck is this AusPost delivery going to come?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom