• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

lol so i was vaguely considering the 250 dollar tier cos i fucking loooooooooove artbooks but it converts to like 400AUD

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

MoonGred

I just saw a price check over on overclockers that sounded familiar and it is you haha.

I'd expect around 350-400. Maybe up into 450 on ebay. There are places selling for $520 new and they've been as low as 450 thanks to ebay codes.

Haha, Yea that was me. Overclockers can be great but sometimes you just don't get any responses. Besides this place is more inmate!
Would gumtree be the best option after ebay?

lol so i was vaguely considering the 250 dollar tier cos i fucking loooooooooove artbooks but it converts to like 400AUD

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

Our dollar is Shit tier =(. Hopefully it doesn't drop too much before oculus takes my money.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Don't know if you're amenable to it, but one of the best things to do on the Great Ocean Road is drive it. I'd suggest hire a car if you're in a position to - I don't think the weather's going to be that great, though.

I never thought about this. It looks like we'd save a lot of money, but how long does it take to get from Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles? Like 4 hours driving?

MoonGred

I never thought about this. It looks like we'd save a lot of money, but how long does it take to get from Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles? Like 4 hours driving?

Might be a bit more, but it's a really nice part. The first 45min from Melbourne to Geelong might drag, but after that it's a beautiful long windy road.

Cerity

Haha, Yea that was me. Overclockers can be great but sometimes you just don't get any responses. Besides this place is more inmate!
Would gumtree be the best option after ebay?

I've noticed people only really reply to price checks when they're interested in the item themselves lol.

I see it as a tradeoff on gumtree/fb groups, you'll probably get people who dick you around with not showing up and whatnot but on ebay you've got to deal with their and paypal's fees.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
How about we give the D&D 5th Edition strarter pack a go? Who else would be interested?

Also, posting this because Young Cam (I think due to a lack of actual stunts this is a more appropriate moniker than Stunt Cam) is a slack bastard, I am posting this that he just emailed to me to post:

SkwXEIu.jpg

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

Fredescu

Oh and as a ballpark figure for 1.8m high paling fences we charge around $90 a linear metre. Includes teardown/disposal of any old fence, supply of all materials and installation. Clearing of lines and/or extra retaining wall sections are extra due to how variable they are.

I found a thread on homeone with people quoting prices mostly in the $60s per meter for Colorbond fencing. http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=56186

Stackboy

Just backed psychonauts 2

Never played 1

Hope its good

psycho1 is good, also damn you, now i have to back it too

Don't do it, don't succumb to crowd funding! Wait until the game releases so you know what you are getting!! I've been burned recently!! VALIDATE ME.

After Broken Age, Massive Chalice & Spacebase I'll wait until Psychonauts 2 releases before I decide how to spend money on it.

This guy knows whats up.

Just Cause 3. Do it.

Do it on PC. So much fun with explosions.

Fredescu

Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 were good, and the first half of Broken Age was good, so 2.5/3 for me I guess. Since Double Fine screwed my percentage, I'll wait for a sale.

I backed it when it first started and I haven't played 1 either, but I just want more 3D platformers.

I also decided to "slacker back" A Hat in Time too a few days ago. It feels like a mix between Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine (I upgraded to beta access).
Hat in Time looks like it could be fantastic, totally forgot to back it back in the day.

I found a thread on homeone with people quoting prices mostly in the $60s per meter for Colorbond fencing. http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=56186

Wow that's insane, we are around $120 a metre for replacement colorbond with a redgum plinth!

r1chard

I've had some great success with Kickstarters actually delivering (FTL, Galcon 2, Lily Looking Through, Sir You Are Being Hunted, Massive Chalice, Satellite Reign, Rimworld, Sentris, DFA and the non-video game ones Veronica Mars, Exploding Kittens, Drawings, Light Table, Micro Python and The WIPy) with some still in active development, most playable right now, and looking great (Defect, Superhot, Timber and Stone, Stonehearth, TUG, Shroud of the Avatar, Maia, Castle Story, Star Command, Everspace) and only a couple looking potentially dodgy (Limit Theory dev had a breakdown but is back on the case and Aurion seems to be quite worryingly quiet). I'm also very much looking forward to Scythe.

And then there's Godus, which kinda delivered. And then delivered again. And then, fuck, I have no idea what they're doing.

Gazunta

Wait, Poker Smash didn't? I got a T-shirt and a copy of Poker Smash in my Steam library, my memory is fuzzy about what the campaign was for.

I've backed 101 projects on Kickstarter and of those, I've got about 43 'finished' items. A quick glance through the projects I've backed shows me there's like 20-30 of them that are still in development, and that's fine. It takes a long time to make things! There's only 3 or 4 that have run really over their deadlines, and considering I never have time to play stuff these days I'm not too bothered. I'm out a couple of bucks and someone got a chance to prove if they could make something. That's not bad.

I plan on Kickstarter being a not-insignificant source of income in 2016 so I'd like to think people aren't burning out on the service.

Shaneus

Wait, Poker Smash didn't? I got a T-shirt and a copy of Poker Smash in my Steam library, my memory is fuzzy about what the campaign was for.
The fuck, you got Poker Smash in your Steam library?!? I got a note from the Drew and a keyring, but that was literally it. I almost don't believe you about the Steam thing, unless you bought it via other means as well (I think it could be bought from their website). Because there's nothing on the KS page at all about Steam keys, and devs usually update their projects when that happens.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I bought some new games at EB Games today. One is sealed, the other has a sticker on the front of the disc. I take it this is par for the course for EB Games.

And regarding Kickstarter failures: I backed Soul Saga and Project Phoenix. Life lessons were learned.

Backed and got: Turrican Soundtrack Anthology, Among the Sleep, Neverending Nightmares, Stasis, Chris Huelsbeck Piano Collection

Backed and waiting: Ghost Song, Hyper Light Drifter, Heart Forth Alicia, Shenmue 3, Yooka-Laylee, Divinity: OS 2 (I got the enhanced edition of the first), Battletech

Gazunta

Oh shit Shaneus you're probably right, now that I think about it. Maybe I just bought it from their website.

So guys what do you think about Patreon :)

senahorse

Successful Kickstarters I have backed:

• Project Giana
  • Project Eternity
  • Ninja Pizza Girl

Ones I am waiting on:

• Torment: Tides of Numenera
  • Underworld Ascendant
  • Yooka Laylee
  • The Bards Tale IV
  • Shenmue 3
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2

Bad experiences:

None so far :)

Jintor

Backed and in noticable progress: Wildfire, Hyper Light Drifter, Mighty No 9

Completed: Shantae, Wasteland 2, FTL, Banner Saga, Double Fine Adventure

Other (Fulfilled): Tropes v Women, Cucumber Quest Book, Little Witch Academia 2, Katawa Shoujo Artbook, Idle Thumbs Podcast, Double K

Failed: CLANG

Decent hit rate.

MoonGred

Backed: Ouya, shadowrun, grim dawn, divinity 2,yukalele.

Ouya brought enough shame to taint all of kickstarter for me.
Can't complain too much about the other ones, apart from grim dawn which I presume is never going out of early access.

Have any of you ever sent musical instruments to the other side of the world? I left behind 2 bass guitars which are very precious to me but I wouldn't even know where to begin to get them shipped to Australia. Do these things cost a fortune?

dity

I try to do crowdfunding when I can, so let's see here:

Pledged but incomplete:

• Home Free
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Omori
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
  • Indivisible
  • Psychonauts 2
  • A Hat in Time

Completed:

• Pebble (Original)

Cancelled/Refunded:

• Mighty No. 9
  • Project Sen

legend166

I backed Broken Age.

Played Part 1. It was, ehhhhhhhh. Never got around to playing Part 2. I should probably get on that at some stage.

dity

It's gonna be like Christmas when all my projects deliver my rewards at the same time. I bet that's why I haven't received them yet: they're all collaborating to give me a special day.

Gazunta

Yeah, even getting a handful of Patreon backers is a huge help. It's more of a morale thing than a monetary thing, really. I know when I'm neck deep on a page and there's no end in sight, just posting a Work In Progress update to my Patreon backers and getting feedback gives such a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom