• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Yep, though I also measured the whiskey properly this time too so less went in. No medication needed this morning :)

image.php

Cruncho

So any of you guyses seen The Hateful Eight yet? Marsh and I saws the 70mm version on Thursday and it was awesome!

Talking to a friend last night, he thought the movie went on half an hour too long, but I thought it was fine (It's a 3 hour movie). Actually hoping the home media release has Tarantino's first cut, which was something like 4 hours long :<

Shaneus

Jesus christ, Bloodborne has it's goddamned hooks into me. Loving the shit out of it, which I honestly wasn't expecting. I wonder if I'll enjoy something like the OG Dark Souls when I'm finished with this.

So any of you guyses seen The Hateful Eight yet? Marsh and I saws the 70mm version on Thursday and it was awesome!

Talking to a friend last night, he thought the movie went on half an hour too long, but I thought it was fine (It's a 3 hour movie). Actually hoping the home media release has Tarantino's first cut, which was something like 4 hours long :<

Seeing it at a regular cinema Thursday, pumped!

Only one 70mm in the country ffs.

A question for MelbGAF - I'm going to be in you for a week from tomorrow - I'll be spending most of that time at the tennis, but what are some fun things to do and good places to eat around the Southbank area?

Lucian Cat

A question for MelbGAF - I'm going to be in you for a week from tomorrow - I'll be spending most of that time at the tennis, but what are some fun things to do and good places to eat around the Southbank area?
Join me and thosedeafmutes for Australia day shenanigans :D

Darren870

Well back to work/reality/browsing GAF after being off for a month.

Not really looking forward to it! Kinda want to continue on my holiday.

Lucian Cat

Straya day is a work free day in theory.

We were originally coming down for soundwave but that got cancelled :( so drinky times will be had instead.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I got back from Melbourne last night. It was a pretty good time, excluding the cattle carting of Tigerair. But I can't help but feel they should have a sign at the airport saying "Welcome to Melbourne - Australia's most tryhard city."

quabba

oh I got carded by DHL... will this be a nightmare?

...Filled in an authority to leave at my front door tomorrow so hopefully that happens.

Cerity

oh I got carded by DHL... will this be a nightmare?

...Filled in an authority to leave at my front door tomorrow so hopefully that happens.

I didn't even get carded by toll, when I checked the tracking it said undeliverable (the road was closed off at one side). When I called them up I told them just to send it out again, the tracking said it was undeliverable again, this time the road wasn't closed off but they had a shitty lights system in place so I guess the toll driver didn't want to deal. I've called them up again (last monday) to redeliver but nothing has shown up yet. Original package was sent out a month ago.

0/10 for my current local toll courier. They shifted out all the good ones elsewhere :/

Lucian Cat

So Mr Tiddums and I will be in Melbourne for Australia day. Landing on the 25th and leaving on the 28th. If anyone wants to hang for a drink or whatever, we're keen.

Date:
TBC
26 or 27th of January probably

Time:
TBC

Where:
TBC

Who:
TBC
Lucian Cat
Tiddums

lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So Mr Tiddums and I will be in Melbourne for Australia day. Landing on the 25th and leaving on the 28th. If anyone wants to hang for a drink or whatever, we're keen.

Date:
TBC

Time:
TBC

Where:
TBC

Who:
TBC
Lucian Cat
Tiddums

lol

Can't do either of those.

Should do the night of the 25th

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

Date:
TBC

Time:
TBC

Where:
TBC

Who:
TBC
Lucian Cat
Tiddums

lol

Well if anything happens I'll drop by since I'm free on both of those nights or semi-free.. might have something else on on the 26th.

That's awesome, being part of that ceremony and seeing a bunch of people become Australians would be super interesting.

Yeah it'll be a cool little thing

But we are already full!

Out of curiosity why did it take so long?

Him being lazy mixed with no need to I think. He came over when he was 3 years old. Mum and dad wanna go back to Cyprus where they're from and he needed a passport lol

Congrats!

Thanks reppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom