• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bodyboarder, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Make love not war bundle -- MB-B47958E4BEF75F3B - Taken by Accoun

Dryk

My local university's orientation week started today and the traffic is insane.
I hate O'Week because there's a bunch of 1st years that don't know how to slack off yet clogging up the walkways. Also the marxists set up shop outside my lab but don't ever try to hassle me which is kind of insulting.

Newer versions of Office have a pretty robust autosave and recovery function.
That was what saved me in the end. Until I was able to restart though, I was terrified.
Yeah I don't think I've had a problem on that front since like Word 03.
It's partly my own fault. I'm on a laptop and was running Excel, had several hundred-page PDFs open and Bentley View (think AutoCAD) and as I finished, I decided it would be a good idea to open a page full of GIFs.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I hate O'Week because there's a bunch of 1st years that don't know how to slack off yet clogging up the walkways. Also the marxists set up shop outside my lab but don't ever try to hassle me which is kind of insulting.

I like o-week because of the o'ball.

I remember one at Adelaide uni in like 07.

Someththing for Kate, Regurgitator, sarah Blasko and The Avalanches dj set.

It was pretty special.

The year after had peter combe

Darren870

Im never using Jetstar again after all the fuckups I had to deal with last year. They are hopeless.

They actually had to fly a new plane from Sydney. Least they gave us food vouchers.
Wound up being a 6 hour delay.

---

Anyone interested in some Xbox 360 games I am selling? Otherwise they go on ebay.

Actually here is everything going on ebay if no interest here:

DarkSiders II (Xbox 360)
The Evil Within (Xbox 360)
The Brak Show : Season 1 (DVD)
GoPro HD HERO 2
Cool Boarders 2 (PS1)
Frisky Dingo : Season 2 (DVD)
Back Issues of Game Informer

Dryk

I like o-week because of the o'ball.

I remember one at Adelaide uni in like 07.

Someththing for Kate, Regurgitator, sarah Blasko and The Avalanches dj set.

It was pretty special.

The year after had peter combe
My ex and I went to see Peter Combe at the Fringe last year

Fredescu

AusGAF, does anyone have any Xbone buying advice? Any particular hardware revisions to get or avoid? Rumoured updates or price cuts in the works? I have an EB voucher so I will probably just get the $548 1TB bundle with Gears/Rare, Ori, and Farcry.

AusGAF, does anyone have any Xbone buying advice? Any particular hardware revisions to get or avoid? Rumoured updates or price cuts in the works? I have an EB voucher so I will probably just get the $548 1TB bundle with Gears/Rare, Ori, and Farcry.

No HW wise it's pretty solid. There were no RROD style problems to fix.

I personally recommend Kinect for multimedia if you don't already have a good media box you use, I lurve the play/pause/turn on / go to app commands and stuff. But I'm probably alone there.

dity

No HW wise it's pretty solid. There were no RROD style problems to fix.

I personally recommend Kinect for multimedia if you don't already have a good media box you use, I lurve the play/pause/turn on / go to app commands and stuff. But I'm probably alone there.

I just bought myself a 2 ended IR emitter and the Xbox media remote instead. Having the Xbox turn on my TV and AVR is top stuff.

Now I just need an Xbox compatible snazzy looking universal remote so that I can toss the AVR remote in a draw and I'm laughing.

Can you wait for a deal? I paid $348 for a 1TB model with Gears HD, Ori, Rare Replay & Halo 5 a while back in December.

Fredescu

Can you wait for a deal? I paid $348 for a 1TB model with Gears HD, Ori, Rare Replay & Halo 5 a while back in December.
Was that from EB? I don't know how long I can wait yet. At the moment it's an exchange rather than a proper voucher, but if I can get an actual voucher for the exchange I could wait for a deal. I'm in no real rush otherwise. Technically if I did it now it would cost me $348 anyway, but yeah, $148 would be better.

i wouldn't be surprised if there was a slim model sooner rather than later (as in the first PS3 slim) but I'd doubt we'd hear before E3 in June. I've had mine for a bit over a year and it's been fine so far. It survived moving OS in a suitcase no probs (but then the same was true of a PS3, PS4 and Wii U). Only problem I had was some issue trying to get the very first, mandatory system update which involved downloading something from MS and using a USB key to force the update. I wish my old PS4 was as reliable.

I also like the media remote which lights up when you pick it up though some of the non playback buttons aren't that intuitive. adding a rechargable battery pack lasts a hell of a lot longer than a DS4 (though I still prefer that of the two. I think the 360 controller is still the most comfortable of all the controllers I have used)

I've been here one day. I miss Australian weather already

uG0j1An.png

Gazunta

Buying any of the cars gets rid of the ads, I think it's what two bucks? Unfortunately that's the way the mobile game revenue model works, nobody pays for a game upfront any more.

The closing of Dick Smith will only really impact me if they take Dick Smith's bushfood cereal off the market. Easily the best cereal around.

yep they wernt hard enough.

good riddance i just hope those left with out a job find work pretty quickly and that those useless gift cards can be reverted in to something for those that bought any

dity

I think the only thing left is phone cases, HDMI cables and USB sticks after the last sale!

Everytime I go in one the shelfs are empty!
Going into a Dicky is like going into JBHiFi but if they forgot to stock the shelves up and also the phones are 4 years old "do you want a case for the HTC One X?" type stuff.

I didnt even know Dick Smiths still existed, I thought they all closed late last year. I dont remember seeing one in ages let along going into it.

Most of the time it was over priced, or i would use it to get a better price somewhere else on a TV. and they had a smaller range the JB anyway.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The closing of Dick Smith will only really impact me if they take Dick Smith's bushfood cereal off the market. Easily the best cereal around.
Tomato sauce is also the best of the sauce bottles.

Hoping I can pick up a decent TV on the cheap from them. Wonder if all stores will just have a closing down sale starting tomorrow or it will be gradual?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've been here one day. I miss Australian weather already

It was snowing in April when I was in Korea. But then again that winter (2009/10) was colder and more snowy than usual.

At least it's not humid. There's nothing worse than being sticky and freezing to death.

Korean winters have the opposite problem. It was that dry for me that it felt like I was breathing in razor blades. I ended up leaving cups of water around my apartment and wearing a damp towel around my neck.

AndrewPL

Yeah, it was clear dse was going to ruin years ago, everyone was cheaper and had a much better range. I did get 2 extra wii us and 4 controllers when they cleared them out for dirt cheap.

Was in jbhifi and had to laugh at some of their gaming prices. I'm not sure who buys from there but they should get out of that business...(or have realistic prices)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom