• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still usually better than EB Games.

I just keep returning mine when the thumb stick tares after 2-4 months. I got a 2nd one when i got my PS4 at launch and rotate them when the sticks tare. I think ive taken it back like 7-8 times. First one only lasted about a month. Never had any issues returning it as long as i take it back in the box. then get it exchanged for a new one.

Bernbaum

Tonight's Republican debate is at the University of Houston. Tickets were for the well-connected only, but the campus is easy to get to. I'm gonna try get there after work and catch some real Republicans and Trump supporters in the wild.

Tonight's Republican debate is at the University of Houston. Tickets were for the well-connected only, but the campus is easy to get to. I'm gonna try get there after work and catch some real Republicans and Trump supporters in the wild.

I expect photos, lots of photos.

Heads up, red PS4 controllers are $74 at Big W and I price matched at EB. Only red though

$64 for PS4 controllers at Dick Smith if they have any instock. The awesome headsets are $80 again too.

Since Jeb! dropped out there should be plenty more tickets for everyone ;)

Rezbit

They really did take a pounding, it's such a shame. So many people now thrust into the unemployment line. I hate to see men (and women) coming out of Dick without a job :(

At least Dick was able to empty it's load before pulling out of the retail electronics industry.

Bernbaum

Well that was disappointing. No wacky Trump supporters - just an excess of police security and a light assortment of students taking smartphone pics. Saw a few kids with Dump the Trump placards, but there was hardly an assembly at all. This is as close as I got - photo taken over a 6 foot high temporary fence that cut off any kind of access to the Opera house hosting the debate.

5geD2OL.jpg

Went home to watch the circus of bullshit. We have our Cory Bernadi's and Eric Abetz's but we should count our fucking blessings we don't have anything near as bad as today's Republicans.

Darren870

Well that was disappointing. No wacky Trump supporters - just an excess of police security and a light assortment of students taking smartphone pics. Saw a few kids with Dump the Trump placards, but there was hardly an assembly at all. This is as close as I got - photo taken over a 6 foot high temporary fence that cut off any kind of access to the Opera house hosting the debate.

Went home to watch the circus of bullshit. We have our Cory Bernadi's and Eric Abetz's but we should count our fucking blessings we don't have anything near as bad as today's Republicans.

I'm sending in my absentee ballot with a big check mark next to Trump!!!!

Why won't you run Bloomberg! Please throw your name in!

dity

For a second I had to recheck I was in the Ausgaf thread

MoonGred

Maybe try another character, ken/ryu is pretty user friendly. It's really important to get the basics and just practice.

Yea, might have a play around with Ken. What would be a recommended stick to get if I were to get one?

Got no clue how the SFV fighter Id plays into the multiplayer but feel free to add me - moonGred

Rlan

Years and years ago, I think on Fox Kids, they had a block of TV shows about video games kind of like Electronic Playground. One of them had a CG host guy with red hair. Anyone remember that show?

At least it's not humid. There's nothing worse than being sticky and freezing to death.

True.
Though even in this weather I sometime sweat lot. From wearing many layersss

Don't worry, summer weather is real nice!

Not sure if serious haha
But yeah it will have its nice points!
But I'm also dreading summer a little because of how humid it will get

It was snowing in April when I was in Korea. But then again that winter (2009/10) was colder and more snowy than usual.

Korean winters have the opposite problem. It was that dry for me that it felt like I was breathing in razor blades. I ended up leaving cups of water around my apartment and wearing a damp towel around my neck.

wowzers
today and yesterday it's started to warm up and the rest of the week's weather looks pretty warm too. above zero the whole time lol
dunno if it will get cold again but yeah snow in april sounds crazy!

fortunately for me i think i missed the worst part of winter but yeah my lips are more cracked than ever right now lol

It was 35 degrees outside before.

Yea, might have a play around with Ken. What would be a recommended stick to get if I were to get one?

Got no clue how the SFV fighter Id plays into the multiplayer but feel free to add me - moonGred

What system are you playing on? On PC just pick up a cheap 360 stick, or ps4 any old PS3 stick will work. No point blowing $200+ on a top of the line one if you aren't certain you'll keep playing.

I haven't gotten SFV yet, only played the beta. Still deciding whether it's worth building a PC for.

Years and years ago, I think on Fox Kids, they had a block of TV shows about video games kind of like Electronic Playground. One of them had a CG host guy with red hair. Anyone remember that show?

Gamespot TV with adam sessler that had the the mocap cg character that looked like conan obrien who later morphed into something closer to Gordon Freeman? I remember it was followed by some UK one that was all voiceover.
You mean those ones?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
wowzers
today and yesterday it's started to warm up and the rest of the week's weather looks pretty warm too. above zero the whole time lol
dunno if it will get cold again but yeah snow in april sounds crazy!

fortunately for me i think i missed the worst part of winter but yeah my lips are more cracked than ever right now lol

I remember now that there was no Autumn either in Korea. It dropped from like 20c to -5c within a few days.

And this is the reason why I went to Taiwan. Life's too short for suffering at below -10c. Right now it's "cold" in Taipei at 10c. It's also the reason why I liked Queensland so much, as it was 20c during the "winter" daytime before dropping under 10c at night. Damn near perfect if you ask me.

Deeku

Not sure if serious haha
But yeah it will have its nice points!
But I'm also dreading summer a little because of how humid it will get
lol i was kidding, summers are the woorrrrrrst! i've been dreading summer every year here:/

Also, I don't know what the deal is in seoul, but you should look into the mold situation for where you're living. It gets super humid here in hk and mold can start growing on clothes real quickly! You may need to get a dehumidifier or at least some of those disposable dehumidifying tub thingos.

Also get some lip balm!

MoonGred

lol i was kidding, summers are the woorrrrrrst! i've been dreading summer every year here:/

Also, I don't know what the deal is in seoul, but you should look into the mold situation for where you're living. It gets super humid here in hk and mold can start growing on clothes real quickly! You may need to get a dehumidifier or at least some of those disposable dehumidifying tub thingos.

Also get some lip balm!

You've told me things about HK that I never even considered before.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I lived just south of Seoul (Ansan) but never had to worry about mold, nor did I notice humidity during the summer.

Taipei on the other hand, where summer is 38-40c 99% humidity, I needed to get a few jackets dry cleaned and sealed up with silica gel. And get a dehumidifier. And get a few of those tub things for my wardrobe.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rise of the Tomb Raider - I somehow won a writing award.

This was .. an OK game, Nothing outstanding in any stretch of the imagination. It's also one of the most frustrating fucking games I've played during it's last few hours. The controls are just hot garbage, Jumping from ledge to ledge just stops working and the edge grab detection doesn't seem to exist. I'm pretty sure I died more times during that idiotic fucking puzzle of the giant map thing and spinning ledges than I did in the previous 14hrs of game play.

The story, Fuck the story. Why can't I be a lovely lady raiding tombs and finding dope ass treasure. Why does it always need some bad guy and magical mystical piece of shit treasure that turns the world into unicorns. Fuck you're magic, Give me some sense of realism.

Realism, Fuck games that are gamey. You need to loosen up some ice, Now follow this puzzle we decided to design to annoy you. Hey now, didn't you give me fire arrows, how about i melt that shit. Nooooope, no sale.

Overall, 17hrs of shooting people, animals, collecting pointless shit, watching a strangely designed lara looking half cross eyed in cutscenes and a bunch of climbing.

Worth a purchase if it's cheap.

r1chard

Portland was a great 4-day trip*, oddly didn't suffer any jetlag-induced sleeplessness over there. Glad to be home though. I think I'm settling into this working-as-a-hermit lifestyle too much...

* went to several great brewhouses, also went into Powell's book store which was amazingly huge and labyrinthine. Was also incredibly productive time with collaborators, so there's that too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom