• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

Off to Japan on Sunday. Got 2.5 weeks there, so should be able to see enough!

Heading to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Wakayama, Nagano, Toyama, Chiba, Mito and maybe one or two other places. See how we go!

Haven't been since 2007 so looking forward to it! Should be interesting.

Anyone have any last minute recommendations? Haven't booked anything yet actually...

seems I spoke too soon
it snowed yesterday :eek:

And this is the reason why I went to Taiwan. Life's too short for suffering at below -10c. Right now it's "cold" in Taipei at 10c. It's also the reason why I liked Queensland so much, as it was 20c during the "winter" daytime before dropping under 10c at night. Damn near perfect if you ask me.

sounds nicer!

lol i was kidding, summers are the woorrrrrrst! i've been dreading summer every year here:/

Also, I don't know what the deal is in seoul, but you should look into the mold situation for where you're living. It gets super humid here in hk and mold can start growing on clothes real quickly! You may need to get a dehumidifier or at least some of those disposable dehumidifying tub thingos.

Also get some lip balm!

ah haha
interesting
thanks for the tips!

r1chard

SUPERHOT is pretty cool. The story mode is kinda neat, but the gameplay is fun (except when melee weapons derp out) and the challenges are cool.

Bargain Octopus, and deals on Division (PS4)?

Don't want to buy it digital, still not sure if I'll play it more than a couple of weeks.

Good timing, finally got around to doing the guide today! Big W & Target are cheaper than JB, but only just :(

Now Kmart & Dick Smith (and effectively Harvey Norman who haven't been interested really for 12 months now) are out of the market I expect things will quiet down on the bargain front. Target & Big W are the only ones will to cut into their margins regularly, JB usually remain competitive enough.

Import prices are average too now with the shitty dollar :(

Stackboy

Hmmm. Odd, post not showing up but says I'm the last poster?

Edit: hmm. Now I can see it. Weird

I noticed that yesterday afternoon too.

SUPERHOT is pretty cool. The story mode is kinda neat, but the gameplay is fun (except when melee weapons derp out) and the challenges are cool.

I need to check out SUPERHOT, I kickstarted it.

Who's got two thumbs and just got dumped?
This guy, eyyy!
Fuck my life.

Sucks dude, hope you feel better soon.

Well, not anymore...

Too soon!

Whoops totally forgot to link to The Division price roundup last night lol

Some shill you are.

Heading to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Wakayama, Nagano, Toyama, Chiba, Mito and maybe one or two other places. See how we go!

Anyone have any last minute recommendations? Haven't booked anything yet actually...

If you are near Nagano Broadway, at the entrance there is a place that sells Japanese pancakes for 100 yen each. God tier.

KrisB

Have fun mate.
Main thing Id recommend is going to Akihabara. Loved that area especially the massive Yodobashi store.

Card Boy

Banned
How can I pay for Hulu as it won't accept my debit card?

Thanks.

You can buy 12 month pre-paid cards for like $38 AUD from eBay. Shits on Netflix in terms of value. No Credit card needed for Hulu just a post code.

edit: i take it back about the cost and ebay. Are they phasing out Gift cards now? There is fuck all available. Is it Time Warners fault?

r1chard

giphy.gif

Neither of us is a big fan of The Velvet Underground :p

Also, we like us a bit of Katy Perry, but that wasn't it :)

hamchan

I played 10 hours of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire while also watching the entirety of Gilmore Girls season 4 the past two days.

Jess and Dean both suck btw. Rory should marry me instead.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I played 10 hours of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire while also watching the entirety of Gilmore Girls season 4 the past two days.

Jess and Dean both suck btw. Rory should marry me instead.

When did you become me.

Except Jess is awesome, especially later season Jess.

So cannot wait for the new season.

Stackboy

My wife is slowly coming around to the idea that The Gilmore Girls is a good show. I don't think she is entirely sold on Friday Night Lights though. Been rewatching alot of that lately.

SUPERHOT is pretty SUPERHOT.

jambo

World war 3 is starting at work over dirty dishes left in the kitchen. Fuck having to work for a living.

We had something similar with one of our kitchens at work.

People were constantly leaving dirty crockery in the sink and letting it all pile up. Some of the management sent a few emails around, but it kept happening, so they basically said "if you can't look after it you won't get a kitchen."

After that it was mostly ok, with the odd pile up that would disappear before another 6 paragraph email went around.

We have a kitchen roster at work where different "teams" are allocated different weeks. It annoys me because I am a clean-my-dish-after-use kind of guy. I never make a mess. Just clean up after your self and it would never be an issue!

Dryk

Managed to trigger like two different safety features of the self-checkout at Coles today while the cute attendant was on duty. Yay?

I should really get around to finishing Alpha Sapphire. I made the mistake of deciding to soft-reset Kyogre and then just stopped playing it without catching the damn thing.

Man, I'm dying to know the Aussie distrubition of The Division players on the various platforms.

I think common sense would dictate the PS4 having the largest playerbase. Is the majority of AusGAF on-board with The Division next Tuesday?

Managed to trigger like two different safety features of the self-checkout at Coles today while the cute attendant was on duty. Yay?

I should really get around to finishing Alpha Sapphire. I made the mistake of deciding to soft-reset Kyogre and then just stopped playing it without catching the damn thing.

I managed to IV breed a perfect Protean Greninja, then RBY came out on the virtual console and he's been sitting in my PC box ever since.

Whats the best tablet laptop hybrid thesedays for about 500. Basically want a tablet with a dock that will run office.
Does such a thing even exist anymore?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
World war 3 is starting at work over dirty dishes left in the kitchen. Fuck having to work for a living.

We have this problem too. People leave dishes in the sink, empty milk in the fridge. Crap all over the benches. It's revolting. At least they will never be able to pin it on me coz I bring in my own cutlery and crockery. Hell I even bring in my own salt and pepper lol.

Dryk

So she now thinks you are incapable of using self checkouts. Not exactly a win.
Yes but she might remember I exist!

More seriously what happened was that the scale was stuck on 0.01 so it kept deciding that that was the weight of the apples before I had a chance to put them down. I tried zeroing it a few times but it wouldn't zero properly. By the time I managed to get the thing to zero properly the checkout locked me out for trying to buy too many identical items. Then I got made fun of because in between I had put my wallet down and the attendant thought that my wallet being on the scales was the problem. Then after it got fixed I ran into another feature whereby if the above safety is tripped it requires attendant authorisation for any purchase to go through.

This is what I get for trying to fix my own problems when someone who is paid to fix them is standing 10 feet away I guess. Though in my defence why the fuck is the checkout software coded to accept 5 grams as a valid weight for apples. Maybe I'll start going back to Woolworths in shame.

I managed to IV breed a perfect Protean Greninja, then RBY came out on the virtual console and he's been sitting in my PC box ever since.
I bred a lot of Pokemon but I never finished putting a decent team together.

Omni

I'm not sold on The Division. Is it just Tom Clancy's Destiny?
More or less the same idea. Kinda.

Honestly I'm not sold on it either. I'm concerned about end-game content and variety. At least Destiny had a bit of an open slate to do whatever due to its sci-fi setting. There's only so much you can do in a near future New York or whatever. Really curious about the reviews for it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yes but she might remember I exist!

More seriously what happened was that the scale was stuck on 0.01 so it kept deciding that that was the weight of the apples before I had a chance to put them down. I tried zeroing it a few times but it wouldn't zero properly. By the time I managed to get the thing to zero properly the checkout locked me out for trying to buy too many identical items. Then I got made fun of because in between I had put my wallet down and the attendant thought that my wallet being on the scales was the problem. Then after it got fixed I ran into another feature whereby if the above safety is tripped it requires attendant authorisation for any purchase to go through.

This is what I get for trying to fix my own problems when someone who is paid to fix them is standing 10 feet away I guess. Though in my defence why the fuck is the checkout software coded to accept 5 grams as a valid weight for apples. Maybe I'll start going back to Woolworths in shame.

I bred a lot of Pokemon but I never finished putting a decent team together.

Lol. Like they use a different soft ware vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom