• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

0OoO0

So I made some fighters using the character creation mode in Reality Fighters for Vita...

e0eVLfel.jpg

deOZbDjl.jpg

kRvhj5Ol.jpg

More here
http://imgur.com/a/vSQP8
http://imgur.com/a/m2aPt

Yes but she might remember I exist!

More seriously what happened was that the scale was stuck on 0.01 so it kept deciding that that was the weight of the apples before I had a chance to put them down. I tried zeroing it a few times but it wouldn't zero properly. By the time I managed to get the thing to zero properly the checkout locked me out for trying to buy too many identical items. Then I got made fun of because in between I had put my wallet down and the attendant thought that my wallet being on the scales was the problem. Then after it got fixed I ran into another feature whereby if the above safety is tripped it requires attendant authorisation for any purchase to go through.

This is what I get for trying to fix my own problems when someone who is paid to fix them is standing 10 feet away I guess. Though in my defence why the fuck is the checkout software coded to accept 5 grams as a valid weight for apples. Maybe I'll start going back to Woolworths in shame.

I bred a lot of Pokemon but I never finished putting a decent team together.

So not only did you make a fool of yourself with a cute chick, but you had a chance for cheap apples and you blew it!

self checkouts are awful, I demand personalised service!

Yes but will less content and more micro-transactions.

More or less the same idea. Kinda.

Honestly I'm not sold on it either. I'm concerned about end-game content and variety. At least Destiny had a bit of an open slate to do whatever due to its sci-fi setting. There's only so much you can do in a near future New York or whatever. Really curious about the reviews for it.

It's dead to me now.

Dryk

So not only did you make a fool of yourself with a cute chick, but you had a chance for cheap apples and you blew it!

self checkouts are awful, I demand personalised service!
I probably could've gotten them for free since they were entering at $0.01

I love self checkouts because they minimise my interaction with strangers

Kritz

Banned
So, the Oculus Rift isn't shipping to Tasmania. Anyone who ordered a rift has to change their address to a mainland one by the 11th or the order will be cancelled.

Hello James,
Thank you for your recent pre-order of the Oculus Rift! Currently, we are unable to fullfill your pre-order for the location you've provided.
In order to maintain your order status, we ask that you please update your shipping address to an alternate address on the mainland of the country provided. You may update your address at https://shop.oculus.com/history
We request that you ship to a permanent address on the mainland. Please note that we do not support freight forwarding or provide support with customs, fines, or confiscation that may arise from attempts to export the unit from the mainland. Warranty will apply to the original fulfillment location.
If you do not have a permanent address on the mainland of your country, we will be unable to ship your order. We kindly ask that you wait while we work on making Rift available in more locations around the world.
Please respond with a confirmation of the address update completion by March 11, 2016, otherwise your pre-order will be cancelled.
Thank you for understanding,
Morty Oculus Support

God damn it, Morty. People are paying $132 usd to not be able to get their friggin headset!

(I went with a Vive anyway)

So, the Oculus Rift isn't shipping to Tasmania. Anyone who ordered a rift has to change their address to a mainland one by the 11th or the order will be cancelled.

God damn it, Morty. People are paying $132 usd to not be able to get their friggin headset!

(I went with a Vive anyway)

Truly a second class state.

What method are they using to ship them that can get to Melbourne but not Hobart? Forward them your Vive invoice

The main objective is to buy lunch

You have some messed up priorities.

Omni

I can get the NBN at my house now apparently.

Seems like kind of a mess to upgrade. Currently chatting with Telstra's online support trying to figure it all out. Apparently I should cancel my current ADSL plan with them and pay the fee so that I can start a new contract...

I can get the NBN at my house now apparently.

Seems like kind of a mess to upgrade. Currently chatting with Telstra's online support trying to figure it all out. Apparently I should cancel my current ADSL plan with them and pay the fee so that I can start a new contract...
Go and talk to someone in a shop.

I wonder what impact using cheaper fiber has in terms of the future.

It's hard to tell exactly what the breakthrough is but I don't think it's the actual cable, the article seams to suggest it's in the switching/trunking at the last box before the individual premises.

Quasar

It's hard to tell exactly what the breakthrough is but I don't think it's the actual cable, the article seams to suggest it's in the switching/trunking at the last box before the individual premises.

I guess that might just mean bottlenecks like you get with FTTN. So more short term cost cutting that will bite in the ass as we need to have a NBN2 to do it properly. Of course I guess thats not a concern for government as it moves to sell the thing back to telstra.

Quasar

So PS4 is 59% of the current gen console market. Wonder what the 41% is broken down. Is the WiiU a gigantic fail with only 10% or so? Or is the 41% more balanced between WiiU and Xbone.

So I made some fighters using the character creation mode in Reality Fighters for Vita...

e0eVLfel.jpg
Gold! Lol

The expense with FTTP is digging trenches in people's front yards. If they figured out a way to make the connection cheaper, I'm guessing it's some method of installing the fibre that lets them use existing cable runs.

hamchan

Getflix is still working for me on the US region. Watching Gilmore Girls season 5 episode 12 right now.

Getflix is reporting on Facebook that they're down though so now I'm afraid to turn off the TV and stop watching. Must finish this season at least...

jambo

So PS4 is 59% of the current gen console market. Wonder what the 41% is broken down. Is the WiiU a gigantic fail with only 10% or so? Or is the 41% more balanced between WiiU and Xbone.

Wii U is only at 12.6m sold

Xbone hasn't had official sales numbers from MS since December 2013 (3m), but a few publishers have pegged it at around 20m.

Quasar

Wii U is only at 12.6m sold

Xbone hasn't had official sales numbers from MS since December 2013 (3m), but a few publishers have pegged it at around 20m.

Those figures I listed are for Australia. I'm not sure how much Australia reflects the general trend. Going to admit I probably know more folks with WiiUs locally than XBones. But I doubt my experience is common.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Getflix is still working for me on the US region. Watching Gilmore Girls season 5 episode 12 right now.

Getflix is reporting on Facebook that they're down though so now I'm afraid to turn off the TV and stop watching. Must finish this season at least...

Oo, thats around the life and death brigade episodes isn't it? I enjoy there wacky adventures.

What wont rich people do

I'm sad Nollsy isn't our Eurovision contestant. I don't even know who this bird is :(

She was a the voice contestant I think. Her voice is impressive but grating. She won't get as far as guy Sebastian did. We should've gone fully in a random direction like Lordy and sent some shit like parkway drive or something

Shaneus

Holy shit, is that true? That has to be a bigger margin than any generation yet. Except maybe PS2 era.

The expense with FTTP is digging trenches in people's front yards. If they figured out a way to make the connection cheaper, I'm guessing it's some method of installing the fibre that lets them use existing cable runs.

Sewer lines! Didn't they think about trying that in Brisbane at one point? Until some higher up shit all over than idea.

r1chard

Played the final mission of X-COM 2 last night. Prior to it I was thinking that I should restart the game on a harder difficulty because it was getting pretty easy (consistently ending missions with zero wounded and 100% hits landing) ... and then the final map comes along and kicks my ass. My A team ended up down to 2 solders (plus the extra) and I pretty much just scraped it in.

Would've been easier if the graphical glitches didn't keep forcing me to reload quicksaves - after each reload you have to hunt around for the bloody Avatars again so they become active :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom