• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Getflix had some issues yesterday but they got right on it and now it's back up and working again. Guess it's going to be cat and mouse for future.

Quasar

Yeah Getflix had some issues yesterday but they got right on it and now it's back up and working again. Guess it's going to be cat and mouse for future.

For browsers at least. All my devices still dont work. Hopefully they can work something out, as I never use a browser for video streaming.

I'm just using a free chrome extension as a VPN and it seems to be working okay for netflix stuff. I think it's called hola?

fire emblem fates three month delay after us, kill me now

Oh the date's been announced finally?

Not sure whether or not to wait for the 3 game bundle in Aus and miss out on the stuff in the Japanese version, or just buy it in Japanese :S

Jintor

deek how long did you have to study before you played persona 4 golden in japanese? I remember you said something about that

Deeku

Umm, Japanese didn't totally click with me until I did a year of intermediate units at uni. If I include the 2 yrs of hsc beginners (which actually could have been 1 year in uni), I guess my official study time is 3 years. Overall probably a bit more considering all the time I spent on japanese media stuff and what not.

I mean, if you don't mind maybe missing out on some of the story nuance in FE (lol), you should totally try and play it in Japanese. From memory, Awakening's language was relatively simple, plus you're probably familiar with all the mechanics and stuff. It will be a good learning experience!

Dryk

I'm regretting this Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke already, Gen 1 Psychic types are terrifying.

You have some messed up priorities.
She was on my bus into town today, doesn't appear to remember me. Clearly my fuckup wasn't colossal enough but on the bright side she probably lives on my side of town. I will continue to try to keep you posted of this mundane situation in an fashion exaggerated for comic effect.

Jintor

Umm, Japanese didn't totally click with me until I did a year of intermediate units at uni. If I include the 2 yrs of hsc beginners (which actually could have been 1 year in uni), I guess my official study time is 3 years. Overall probably a bit more considering all the time I spent on japanese media stuff and what not.

I mean, if you don't mind maybe missing out on some of the story nuance in FE (lol), you should totally try and play it in Japanese. From memory, Awakening's language was relatively simple, plus you're probably familiar with all the mechanics and stuff. It will be a good learning experience!

think i'll feel good enough for that after n3 in july maybe...

I'm regretting this Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke already, Gen 1 Psychic types are terrifying.

She was on my bus into town today, doesn't appear to remember me. Clearly my fuckup wasn't colossal enough but on the bright side she probably lives on my side of town. I will continue to try to keep you posted of this mundane situation in an fashion exaggerated for comic effect.

I require hourly updates.

radaxian

Not sure whether or not to wait for the 3 game bundle in Aus and miss out on the stuff in the Japanese version, or just buy it in Japanese :S

EB had the pre-order of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition set at $199 (TBD) pricing before the Nintendo direct and I wanted to wait until the pricing was announced before ordering. I went to order the day after the direct (announced as $129) and it was already sold out :(

Doesn't look like JB is getting it. I've made a pre-order with MightyApe but their pricing is still TBD after the Nintendo direct so I'm not sure whether they'll actually get any stock. Fingers crossed though.

Shaneus

fucking internet!
I moved into a new at the start of Feb and ordered Fibre internet (Virgin Media). It took them weeks of mucking about with getting written permissions from my landlords since there was no previous virgin fibre before they gave me an install date. (in the UK, there's basically Virgin or BT/BT reseller for Fibre). 4 days before the install, I got a voice mail saying something along the lines of "oops, soz m8, we CBF installing fibre at your place, try someone else. We've cancelled your order."

When I ordered it I did all the address checks and they had no issue with my premises, but now when I do the same there's no fibre available at my premises." There's a cabinet somewhere in the village (They use fibre to the node, like current NBN yet still offer higher speeds).

So now I'm back to DSL with no guarantee I'll have a better speed than I had back in Brisbane on Internode.

To quote the movie,Stripes. "Son of Bitch. Shit."

/rant

How was your day? Back to Fallout 4.
Did I somehow miss the news that you left Australia? Shit.

Also, totally get that Stripes reference. LOUIE LOUIE!

For those using Netflix unblock services, and being blocked: Do you change regions often? Are people not changing regions frequently still using the service?

Just a theory really, wondering whether they have something looking at accounts that change region within some sort of threshold.

I thought it was just in context of getting nominated, not the Eurovision main thing! I swear!
Definitely sounds like the sort of thing someone would say after unblocking someone.
/s I guess in case it wasn't clear.

senahorse

Change region frequently. But also all my Internet traffic goes through a VPN, which could also be a factor (i.e. them starting to look at ISP IP ranges), another factor could be where the account was purchased, for instance mine is a U.S. account.

Cerity

Looks like another 20% off coupon might going live on ebay soon going by the early deals on ozb lol.

Going to be hard to hold off, I just bought a hubsan x4 drone and like flying it so much that I want to upgrade already.

Dead Man

So is there anywhere I can buy movies online to watch offline on my PC? Don't always have awesome internet, so streaming is not what I am after.

werp. Thanks for that. I guess I don't need Japanese programs that badly.

Tunnelbear was a great alternative back in the day, partially free I think. Jintor did/currently uses it?

Try Getflix! They have a 2 week trial. They offer VPN & DNS for the one price.

So is there anywhere I can buy movies online to watch offline on my PC? Don't always have awesome internet, so streaming is not what I am after.

iTunes offer that? Maybe that Ultraviolet thing too? I've never tried them tbh sorry :(

Rang the local council up to get some bogans car towed away that's been "dumped" on the side of the road with no rego etc. Let's see how long they take.

im guessing they won't do anything

Rang the local council up to get some bogans car towed away that's been "dumped" on the side of the road with no rego etc. Let's see how long they take.

There was an abandoned Toyota Camry outside my place for month or more and that's still after we and other neighbours reported it after a couple of days. Oddly it took them about 2 hours to remover the last dead Kangaroo.

There was an abandoned Toyota Camry outside my place for month or more and that's still after we and other neighbours reported it after a couple of days. Oddly it took them about 2 hours to remover the last dead Kangaroo.

I don't have my hopes up. I generally wouldn't care, it's more the fact that the fuckwit parked it a metre off the curb and blocks part of a t-intersection.

Yeah they won't do shit for ages unless they get constant complaints. Better to call a local wrecker and see if they want it for free.

EB had the pre-order of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition set at $199 (TBD) pricing before the Nintendo direct and I wanted to wait until the pricing was announced before ordering. I went to order the day after the direct (announced as $129) and it was already sold out :(

Doesn't look like JB is getting it. I've made a pre-order with MightyApe but their pricing is still TBD after the Nintendo direct so I'm not sure whether they'll actually get any stock. Fingers crossed though.

aww no :( Didn't think it would sell out so quickly.

Gazunta

Funnily enough every time we reported something to council it gets fixed within 24 hours.

The trick is to email your local councilor directly (and, er, be lucky enough to have a councilor that knows how to check email and still gives a shit)

Quasar

For those using Netflix unblock services, and being blocked: Do you change regions often? Are people not changing regions frequently still using the service?

Well I basically never moved it from US and I still got blocked. I think I moved it once when Japan started to see how much anime it had but that was a bout it.

One surprise being shunted to netflix oz is them actually having some more current movies.

Tunnelbear was a great alternative back in the day, partially free I think. Jintor did/currently uses it?

Try Getflix! They have a 2 week trial. They offer VPN & DNS for the one price.

missed this >< Thanks Rep. I'd try getflix but I'm not sure how well it'll continue to work in the future with the issues it's having now.

Stackboy

Right now I can only get US Netflix through a browser, using Getflix.

I hope they can update it, but I don't have that much hope.

Netflix have really come down hard.

There was a burnt-out car opposite across the road from a school AND a church in my neighborhood and was, amusingly, not moved for like 3 weeks.

Right now I can only get US Netflix through a browser, using Getflix.

I hope they can update it, but I don't have that much hope.

Netflix have really come down hard.

I've pretty much stoppped using my Netflix subscription since the crack-down, should really cancel it, actually. Can Getflix access US Netflix without interrupting my household's other browsing habits even on same PC? Or is it like a VPN where all traffic is forwarded?

Cc7La0xUcAAj8z-.jpg

Actually fuck Netflix :/

I'm surprised that no store, not even EB is doing a midnight launch for The Division.

Servers might not go online until like 9am here possibly?

missed this >< Thanks Rep. I'd try getflix but I'm not sure how well it'll continue to work in the future with the issues it's having now.
No probs! Give them a shot as they seem the best at avoiding the block. I'm still having zero issues connecting to US Netflix.

Rizzi

Yeah, I wanted it too but I don't wanna order it from MightApe.

Servers go live @ Midnight tonight
Really strange then...

Sucks that Zootopia ain't out here yet. I wanna see it.
Sameeeeeeeeeeeeee. Fuck I hate how they release movies here. Last school holidays had fuck all to watch, now we have Kung Fu Panda 3 and Zootopia opening a week apart!

I'm still yet to watch any version.

Find a copy of the Final Cut version on Blu Ray. Really amazing remaster of the movie the way the director intended. Theatrical version was fucked around with by the studio a lot.

Rahk

If anyone is still having trouble with Getflix or whatever you can sign up for https://borderlessinternet.com/ for free until July. Apparently it works.

I'm still looking for something that will let me access Netflix Japan though. I was in the middle of watching Terrace House...

dity

Sameeeeeeeeeeeeee. Fuck I hate how they release movies here. Last school holidays had fuck all to watch, now we have Kung Fu Panda 3 and Zootopia opening a week apart!

We got businesses with fibre now and TV episodes that air hours after the USA. Yet we wait weeks, even months, for movies. AWFUL. Hopefully I don't get the whole movie spoiled before it even premieres here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom