• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

John English died, I guess there goes any hope of that All Together Now Netflix revival

Ask Clive about the time he auditioned for a role in TY The Tasmanian Tiger :)

John English died, I guess there goes any hope of that All Together Now Netflix revival

Ask Clive about the time he auditioned for a role in TY The Tasmanian Tiger :)

That sounds like a cool story :)

Sad to hear that. I really enjoyed a ton of his non all together now work over the years.

Although this was 2004, Some guy I worked with knew his girlfriend at the time (there was a rather large age gap, dude still got it). He was in Brisbane doing a play ( I think it was Dad's Army) and he was asked to come in for an hour as a favour (he got paid a Char Char Char voucher) to record chatter for two minor characters who you'd encounter wandering around the main town. Due to an oversight, they were basically placed next to each other.

Now there's a reason that apart from the first game, it's always written as TY (to avoid legal issues with the toy company that makes plush toys) and so that's how TY was written in the script. Mr English comes into the studio that had been rented for the day to record some local actors for pickups, greetings are made, he tells us someone in the audience died during that day's matinee performance of his play- apparently a common occurrence for matinees- and he's handed the script with a few directions about the first character.

Once Mr English is in the booth, recording starts with his character greeting TY.
"Hey T.V!" Go again. "Hey, T.V!"

After that the session went well. But that's my memory of Jon English. RIP.

jambo

Anyone know of anywhere to get a Surface Pro 1 keyboard cover?

I never got one back in 2013 and now it seems like no official retailers stock anything past the 3.

eBay still seems pricy.

Anyone know of anywhere to get a Surface Pro 1 keyboard cover?

I never got one back in 2013 and now it seems like no official retailers stock anything past the 3.

eBay still seems pricy.

The 2 works with the 1 doesn't it?

The 3 also does but looks ugly on it I believe.

Kritz

Banned
Remind me in chat Jambi and I'll see if my 3 keyboard works with my 1

Also they'r fucking terrible but I have a spare surface 1 touch keyboard (read: no physical press down keys) if you want that

Gazunta

I don't think the 3 keyboard works with the 1, I'd love to know if it does but I'm preeeetty sure it's only the 2 that works with the 1.

Oh man, do not get me started on how hard it is to get replacement parts for the 1 / 2.

jambo

Also they'r fucking terrible but I have a spare surface 1 touch keyboard (read: no physical press down keys) if you want that

Honestly anything is better than having half the screen taken up by an on-screen keyboard.

And wouldn't the 3 keyboard be too tall for it?

I don't think the 3 keyboard works with the 1, I'd love to know if it does but I'm preeeetty sure it's only the 2 that works with the 1.

Oh man, do not get me started on how hard it is to get replacement parts for the 1 / 2.

The 3 works with the 2, I'm 99.99% sure, and the 2 and 1 are so similar that I suspect the 3 will work with the 1 also. The issue was that since it wasn't designed for it, it sticks out in weird ways and I think it even covered the winders button?

Gazunta

Holy crap, time for me to go buy a SP4 keyboard then. My 2 keyboard died a while back and I've been using a $10 bluetooth one I got from Big W. Which is nice, it's small and easily portable, but no trackpad is a pain. Thanks very much!

Shaneus

Attention everyone: If you loved the original Descent games, BACK THE HELL OUT OF THIS! By some of the original creators of the game (vs the "other" Descent game that just has Star Citizen outcasts), there's a teaser on the KS page and it feels and looks just how you remember it.

Do eeeet.

jambo

You're still not in chat :<

Would be happy to take the touch one off your hands.

r1chard

Just ragequit XCOM 2 post-patch.

I think I liked the good ol' days when games were play tested and released and not patched and be damned if they weren't perfect they'd release a new one a year later with the gameplay fixed. Rant rant rant rant rant.

Quasar

I think I liked the good ol' days when games were play tested and released and not patched and be damned if they weren't perfect they'd release a new one a year later with the gameplay fixed. Rant rant rant rant rant.

When was that? in the 80's?

N0VAM0D

Oh man, I feel so bad, I haven't posted in here for ages, hey I hope you're all doing well, I'm g

I am also pretty drunk right now

As for an actual topic: I got my NBN about a week ago now, and it's okay. Expected it to be way better, but the improvements are only slight. Oh well, at least it's something!

Rizzi

Oh man, I feel so bad, I haven't posted in here for ages, hey I hope you're all doing well, I'm g

As for an actual topic: I got my NBN about a week ago now, and it's okay. Expected it to be way better, but the improvements are only slight. Oh well, at least it's something!

I want the NBN. ADSL suuuuuucks.

MoonGred

I felt exactly the same, I basically just caught up with my standard adsl internet speed from back home, at a far higher premium

Jintor

x-com had a bug in initial print run that reset the difficulty to easy that was never, ever patched until they started doing rereleases

Dryk

x-com had a bug in initial print run that reset the difficulty to easy that was never, ever patched until they started doing rereleases
I tried to finish that game several times a few years ago and the one I actually finished was the one I accidentally set to easy :|

N0VAM0D

I want the NBN. ADSL suuuuuucks.

I don't know what suburb you're in, but it's spreading pretty quick now I think! Lots of my mates are just starting to get it, too. It isn't all it's cracked up to be though, that's for sure.

I felt exactly the same, I basically just caught up with my standard adsl internet speed from back home, at a far higher premium

I feel that :(

Has anyone had oven bake kitkat before?

Oh man, that sounds goooooood! I've only ever had the milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and green tea ones (my weakness). I can't wait to get to Japan and buy all the goddamn KitKats!

N0VAM0D

FTTN? FTTH? 4G? cable ? and what speed tiers are we talking here ?

Don't really know what a lot of that means, but it just doesn't seem that much faster to me *shrug

When we first got it, we were having issues with webpages not loading completely as well, which was super strange. It's fine now, but I just don't see the massive leap in the download/upload speeds in general.

MoonGred

FTTN? FTTH? 4G? cable ? and what speed tiers are we talking here ?

From a personal experience with FTTP:
The highest my ISP will let me go is 100Mbps, which isn't that stellar really in 2016. I'm currently paying $80 a month for 25Mbps with a 300gb cap, compared to back home where I could get unlimited 200Mbps for about $90 a month.

Oh man, that sounds goooooood! I've only ever had the milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and green tea ones (my weakness). I can't wait to get to Japan and buy all the goddamn KitKats!
I have no clue how long or on what temperature to bake these on, they look just like white chocolate kitkats, but the packaging makes it seem like they'll turn into a sponge cake kitkat.

You're awake at some odd hours Nova!

KrisB

haha I came back with a pretty good stash. I noticed that not all stores have the full range though, so keep an eye out on what each place has on offer.

Don't really know what a lot of that means, but it just doesn't seem that much faster to me *shrug

When we first got it, we were having issues with webpages not loading completely as well, which was super strange. It's fine now, but I just don't see the massive leap in the download/upload speeds in general.

see that sounds like a line fault or a connectivity problem but just keep in mind "NBN" is a marketing term , like wise on cable and on fibre you can get up to 100mbps or over , something like fixed wireless probably the most you are getting is 25 or so along with a whole host of other problems theres about 5 different types of connection one can have , and yea speed tiers and cost matter , what i would do is do a speed test " speed test dot net" and post the results :)

From a personal experience with FTTP:
The highest my ISP will let me go is 100Mbps, which isn't that stellar really in 2016. I'm currently paying $80 a month for 25Mbps with a 300gb cap, compared to back home where I could get unlimited 200Mbps for about $90 a month

i know man sadly for now it looks like telstra and some of the share holders among a few other compneys won , i mean in singapore you can get 2gigabit connections for about $40 bucks a month , we are well and truly behind as far as the NBN gos and like wise im on cable ( its ether that or shity ADSL1 or 2 ) currently i get 100mbps or over which dos help i just wish the upload speed was better ( 2 up)

---------------------------------

* unrelated*

what i would like to konw tho is whats happening with the CVC charges last i heard was telstra were taking the ACC to curt fighting an uphill battle of sorts lol

N0VAM0D

I have no clue how long or on what temperature to bake these on, they look just like white chocolate kitkats, but the packaging makes it seem like they'll turn into a sponge cake kitkat.

You're awake at some odd hours Nova!

Good luck!

And yeah, I suck at sleeping >:

haha I came back with a pretty good stash. I noticed that not all stores have the full range though, so keep an eye out on what each place has on offer.

Ahhh, I can't wait! Did you have a favourite?

see that sounds like a line fault or a connectivity problem but just keep in mind "NBN" is a marketing term , like wise on cable and on fibre you can get up to 100mbps or over , something like fixed wireless probably the most you are getting is 25 or so along with a whole host of other problems theres about 5 different types of connection one can have , and yea speed tiers and cost matter , what i would do is do a speed test " speed test dot net" and post the results :)

Mhm, that's definitely it. We're apparently meant to be getting from 20mbps to 25mbps, still better than what we used to have but not by much! I've been doing speed tests daily though, and I've never had anything over 22mbps! Right now it's a measly 2.5mbps so I don't know what's going on there, maybe the PS4 is updating a lot of things. ahhhh well

Quasar

i know man sadly for now it looks like telstra and some of the share holders among a few other compneys won , i mean in singapore you can get 2gigabit connections for about $40 bucks a month , we are well and truly behind as far as the NBN gos and like wise im on cable ( its ether that or shity ADSL1 or 2 ) currently i get 100mbps or over which dos help i just wish the upload speed was better ( 2 up)

Well singapore is a pretty unfair comparison. I'd be comparing it to other largish not super dense nations like I guess the USA and Canada and maybe France or Germany.

MoonGred

I'm trying to get away from always having to get out a heavy vacuum. Has the tech evolved enough to the point where a robovac is a feasible option? The battery powered dyson might be another option.

Quasar

I wonder if he was angling for the physical retailers? Maybe not.

Nope. Not surprising that part. Still bummed though. And it looks like before the transfer people with records in the DSE system will be contacted about having them deleted before the transfer. At least that's what a newscorp report I read said. Good move that.

Nope. Not surprising that part. Still bummed though. And it looks like before the transfer people with records in the DSE system will be contacted about having them deleted before the transfer. At least that's what a newscorp report I read said. Good move that.
I just received an email stating just that, and have (hopefully?) "unsubscribed" myself from having my details sent anywhere else. But probably not.

You'll have until March 22 (so a week).

Shaneus

I'm trying to get away from always having to get out a heavy vacuum. Has the tech evolved enough to the point where a robovac is a feasible option? The battery powered dyson might be another option.
Can vouch for the cordless Dyson. I think I have the model before the current one and it's not the most powerful, but it does a good enough job of picking up cat hair from carpet and basically anything from hard floors. Still nowhere near as good as my fiancee's regular, older Dyson though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom