• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotaku AU is part of Allure Media, not sure if they're owned by Gawker (don't believe so, think they just partner to bring local content under an overseas brand) but if Gawker does go down then I imagine it'll either continue as-is, or at least with a name change.

Hey Ausgaf, it's a long shot but does anyone have a copy of Pokemon heart gold/soul silver they would be willing to sell? Or if you could pick me up a second hand copy from one of the few eb stores that have copies I'd chuck in an extra $20 for your troubles? :) Anyone live near Arana hills, Browns plains or Caloundra in QLD? I can't believe how hard they are to find.

AusGAF predates the forum split I think so it got stickied as a hat tip when the move happened. Fred usually corrects me on this lol
I think it also has something to do with the NeoGAF history with Australia. At one time all Aussie IPs were blocked lol (after a hacking incident). I think Evilore still remembers that, and AusGAF was an important part of the healing process that brought all of the parties together in peace :p

Spinifex

I think it also has something to do with the NeoGAF history with Australia. At one time all Aussie IPs were blocked lol (after a hacking incident). I think Evilore still remembers that, and AusGAF was an important part of the healing process that brought all of the parties together in peace :p

The Grubdog incident. As I recall, new user signups from Australia were banned for a few months.

Spinifex

What was that? Must have been before my time.

I don't remember when it was specifically, over 10 years ago at least. People who had a post history of disparaging Nintendo suddenly started disappearing, their entire account removed, not just banned. It was a bit surreal, because nobody quite knew what was going on for like, a day or two IIRC. People wondered aloud if they would be next, and then BAM, they were gone.

It took a while to track down the fact that this Grubdog guy, an Australian poster and avowed Nintendo fan, was in fact behind it all. It resulted in a Trump-like ban (Not a permanent ban, just temporary!) on new user registrations from Australia. There was also a decidedly anti-Australian bias in moderation for a period afterwards.

dity

I don't remember when it was specifically, over 10 years ago at least. People who had a post history of disparaging Nintendo suddenly started disappearing, their entire account removed, not just banned. It was a bit surreal, because nobody quite knew what was going on for like, a day or two IIRC. People wondered aloud if they would be next, and then BAM, they were gone.

It took a while to track down the fact that this Grubdog guy, an Australian poster and avowed Nintendo fan, was in fact behind it all. It resulted in a Trump-like ban (Not a permanent ban, just temporary!) on new user registrations from Australia. There was also a decidedly anti-Australian bias in moderation for a period afterwards.

Wait, how was this dude just getting accounts removed? What magic is this?

Hey Ausgaf, it's a long shot but does anyone have a copy of Pokemon heart gold/soul silver they would be willing to sell? Or if you could pick me up a second hand copy from one of the few eb stores that have copies I'd chuck in an extra $20 for your troubles? :) Anyone live near Arana hills, Browns plains or Caloundra in QLD? I can't believe how hard they are to find.

i just checked eBay, fuck those prices.

How long has GAF been around? I didn't know this site existed until a website did a little feature on GAF.

Btw does anyone wanna buy my copy of the Division (Uplay)?

Recently bought a Logitech G810 and it came free.

i just checked eBay, fuck those prices.

It's crazy hey. It's weird cause its pokemon right, you'd think they would have sold heaps of copies, enough for every man and his dog to have one, why does it feel like they're so incredibly rare? EB is the only one to have copies but unfortunately they won't ship between stores.

Enjoy the game Bern?

It's crazy hey. It's weird cause its pokemon right, you'd think they would have sold heaps of copies, enough for every man and his dog to have one, why does it feel like they're so incredibly rare? EB is the only one to have copies but unfortunately they won't ship between stores.

Both games seem to be at EB Games Baldivis, just need someone from near there in Perth to check!

Enjoy the game Bern?

Both games seem to be at EB Games Baldivis, just need someone from near there in Perth to check!

Oh shit just checked that stock thing and apparently they have soul silver at my local..... Damn it's closed for the day. I'm calling first thing in the morning, this could be my chance.

Oh shit just checked that stock thing and apparently they have soul silver at my local..... Damn it's closed for the day. I'm calling first thing in the morning, this could be my chance.

I rang one of the stores as I'm going to be kind of near it tomorrow, and it was already on hold, for a staff member.

I rang one of the stores as I'm going to be kind of near it tomorrow, and it was already on hold, for a staff member.

Thanks for trying mate, which one? I'm on the Central Coast of NSW. Apparently last week someone bought three copies it was the first time they had stock in months. It's a shame cause I just want to play the thing but people are desperate to make a buck I guess.

If I can get a copy I dont mind sharing it around Ausgaf once I'm done (if anyone else has the bug after the original releases on 3ds that is).

Thanks for trying mate, which one? I'm on the Central Coast of NSW. Apparently last week someone bought three copies it was the first time they had stock in months. It's a shame cause I just want to play the thing but people are desperate to make a buck I guess.

If I can get a copy I dont mind sharing it around Ausgaf once I'm done (if anyone else has the bug after the original releases on 3ds that is).

Browns plains. Yeah easily double your money, if you were that way inclined.

Rizzi

I found a copy of Heart Gold along with White 2 and Platinum in the EB in Kotara a few weeks ago. Starting to feel like that was an incredibly lucky get now. :/

radaxian

I found a copy of Heart Gold along with White 2 and Platinum in the EB in Kotara a few weeks ago. Starting to feel like that was an incredibly lucky get now. :/

Grr. I check that store regularly and am on the hunt for Heart/Soul too. I just picked up a Yellow & Emerald (carts only) off Facebook though.

People are selling them for like $150-$200 on EBay, I just want a copy to play after I finish yellow, I've definitely caught the bug.

there any other RTS games on the PS4 besides Grand Ages Medieval and err tropico ?

not the biggest RTS fan by any means but used to like playing age of empires 3 which grand ages reminds me alot of

Gazunta

I live near the Browns Plains EB, what do you need?

My "I will never ever ever spend a cent at EB again" policy can be revoked by me "AusGAF is bestGAF" policy"

How long has GAF been around?

Gaming age started in the mid-late 90's by some #vidgames people on IRC, and we started a forum on the site a short while later. So...almost 15 years now?

Any AusGAFers jumping on the VR bandwagon?

The Division is real good too, you guys.
Love the setting and presentation, and the combat feels really good. But the lack of proper story and grindy gameplay nature (where you're encouraged to repeat the same thing over and over) just isn't for me.

Jintor

that reaction to the kill screen article on the division is, like most things to do with videogames, amazing and depressing

CLEEK

I pre-ordered a PSVR from JB on Saturday. The last time I used VR was playing Dactyl Nightmare in the arcade being in the early 90s.

I knew I'd be getting one the moment Rez Infinite was revealed. The most system selling system seller ever.

I pre-ordered a PSVR from JB on Saturday. The last time I used VR was playing Dactyl Nightmare in the arcade being in the early 90s.

I knew I'd be getting one the moment Rez Infinite was revealed. The most system selling system seller ever.
I preordered a PSVR from JB today.

And yes to Dactyl Nightmare! That was my first exposure too. There was also a great VR flight sim as well, but I have no idea what it was called. I remember a chain called IntenCity (or something like that) that was basically a VR version of Timezone.

For me it's the driving and flying games that I'm most interested in. I think Ace Combat 7 is the one I'm most looking forward to with VR.

Quasar

Plan to get a PSVR headset, but I'm going to wait a bit. I'd like to try it first and see some reviews with final hardware and the first batch of games.

Well unless I win lotto in the meantime, then I'll get a new rig and a vive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom