• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Which one did you get? I keep meaning to get one, but I always waver between "don't get a cheap one!" and "christ Vuly is expensive."

I had to look that up, goddam I want one:

comp-th-xln.jpg

Yeah I saw thos Vuly things being hawked in the malls before Christmas.

I miss the old ones that you could turn into a water slide (the bottom photo in Jambo's post)

I used Paypal for the first time on steam and got some weird message about the payment processing and I will get a communication when my game will be available. is this usual?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I need a Marth pretty badly but I didn't buy any Amiibo spares to swap. :(

Need any 3DS games? I'd be happy to swap a few games for a Marth, I know you could get $60 for him on ebay easily.

Edit: I've got about 3000 club Nintendo points if you want something from there too,

nah... sorry :(

I wouldn't mind the Link (and I suppose the Zelda, but then I'd go nuts and get the Toon Link and Sheik too, and ... ugh), but only really want it because I have a couple of other Link figures so it'd be nice to add another. I don't even have a Wii U so it's of no use to me other than as something to put on a shelf; if there's someone who wants it more because they will actually use it, then cool with me. I'm also not really willing to pay over RRP, because I'm a cheap PC gamer.

lol

i'll hold on to link for a while until you crack :)

On the trampolines topic...don't buy a cheap ass Action Sports brand. They suck, padding wears out in the sun and netting gets holes real easy. Built to sell replacement parts those ones.

We bought our son a trampoline. He'd sleep in that thing if he could.

He also likes to play with clothes pegs.

Heh our son loves his. Played with it non stop for weeks after his birthday.

Was from Aldi late last year. Small, probably 2 small kids at a time, with the walls. Was $99 or less pretty sure. It was funny, the day care he goes to bought one at the same time heh.

Anyone still playing Destiny? I know a lot of people have gripes with the game but I've stuck with it and every few days find myself going back to it for an hour or 2. I'm a level 28 Titan, close to hitting 29. Picked up the Icebreaker a few weeks ago from Xur and finished the level 30 weekly heroic yesterday, so I'm back to grab more loot from him this weekend.

I enjoy the Crucible quite a bit and I like doing bounties. I started a second character, a warlock, but haven't gotten very far with him.

I've one Vault of Glass once and trying to put together another raid this weekend with some friends. PSN is StackboyRoyale if anyone is still enjoying it like I am.

I'm mildly keen to get back into it. Stuck at 28 I think after one successful VoG run. If you need 1 more let me know, I'll be home nights this week.

r1chard

Yo, ausgaf, is there anything like extra-life.org in Australia? I can't seem to find anything, and I'm not even vaguely familiar with our children's hospitals to know whether such a thing is necessary...

Edit: Starlight Foundation. Of course.

Which one did you get? I keep meaning to get one, but I always waver between "don't get a cheap one!" and "christ Vuly is expensive."
Very expensive.

He giggled so much when we went for a bounce and was so upset when we had to leave the store though that I didn't have the heart to not buy it.

Prior to that Mrs Squirrel had been the one pushing it and I was the sceptic. We left having bought a Vuly Thunder.
I had to look that up, goddam I want one:

comp-th-xln.jpg
They're pretty great. Be warned that the entrance can be annoying to get in and out of. Springfree ones have a zip instead.

Was from Aldi late last year. Small, probably 2 small kids at a time, with the walls. Was $99 or less pretty sure. It was funny, the day care he goes to bought one at the same time heh.
It's been two months since we got it and he is still obsessed.

HolyCheck

Expensive clothes pegs.

Danoss

What the fuck is that thing?

4RXCTEc.jpg

I had the same reaction when I saw that picture. Then I thought back to all the good times had on trampolines as a kid and all the bad ones that I either experienced or witnessed: static electric shocks; pinched clothes and skin; body/frame collisions; smashed genitals.

Also, clothes pegs are rad. The family album has a photo of my brother covered in 100+ clothes pegs (maybe not that many, but there were a lot) and me standing next to him with a shit-eating grin on my face.

Fredescu

They're pretty great. Be warned that the entrance can be annoying to get in and out of. Springfree ones have a zip instead.

I read some people complaining that the "springs" that are on an angle in the Springfree causes twisting when you land, and also can be a hazard to spectators because they kind of slam closed. The Thunder doesn't have these problems. The entrance is probably a small price to pay. Also I assume the difficult entrance probably makes a sudden exit difficult too, which is not a bad thing.

HolyCheck

How retarded are kids these days that they need the safety nets?

All those vaccinations giving them autism or somin

What the fuck is that thing?

4RXCTEc.jpg

I used to have a trampoline like this. We used to do all kind of awesome irresponsible things with it like jumping with 5 people at once, playing Street Fighter with fly kicks to each others faces, standing the trampoline on it's side and letting it fall down with us on top etc.

The only bad thing that ever happened was one time while I was jumping an ant fell out of the tree above and into my eye where it promptly bit my eye and died from the welled up eye juices with its pincers still attached to the eye. It hurt... a lot. But that's hardly the trampolines fault is it?

Fredescu

So I guess I don't get why people have to get all libertarian freedom fighters when someone makes a trampoline with walls you can crash into. These trampolines are more fun than the ones we had as kids. Reading too much Andrew Bolt will rot your brain.

edit: beaten! argh.

Not just jumping castles, but you can get tent add ons for camping out, and basketball rings for them. Cool stuff. Doesn't mean you didn't have fun when you were a kid with your pegs and your springed death machine! I did too!

Omikron

I think the worst thing we managed was to flip our trampoline resulting in numerous children upside down and underneath. Lucky there weren't more injuries tbh.

senahorse

So I guess I don't get why people have to get all libertarian freedom fighters when someone makes a trampoline with walls you can crash into. These trampolines are more fun than the ones we had as kids. Reading too much Andrew Bolt will rot your brain.

edit: beaten! argh.

Not just jumping castles, but you can get tent add ons for camping out, and basketball rings for them. Cool stuff. Doesn't mean you didn't have fun when you were a kid with your pegs and your springed death machine! I did too!

We did too, until we split it down the middle, we tried to still use it, but that didn't go down too well and it was promptly retired :(.

Fredescu

We did too, until we split it down the middle, we tried to still use it, but that didn't go down too well and it was promptly retired :(.

Our mat tore too, but we ended up getting it replaced. The original was second hand to begin with, so it performed admirably between three kids.

I need to lie down.

You really do, you have about 20 weeks of sleep left in your life.

Honestly though, kids > sleep. Exciting times. I watched my first kids 20 week scan again the other day when I found the DVD while cleaning up.

20 week scan today.

Fuck, 20 is half of 40...

I need to lie down.

No no you have a mandatory designated driver for the next 20 weeks, at least. Take advantage, every event should be an attempt to break your personal best :)

Sleep while lying down, then wake up every 2 hours and repeat your baby training.

Stackboy

I'm mildly keen to get back into it. Stuck at 28 I think after one successful VoG run. If you need 1 more let me know, I'll be home nights this week.

If I see you online while we are looking for people, I will let you know.

Yo, ausgaf, is there anything like extra-life.org in Australia? I can't seem to find anything, and I'm not even vaguely familiar with our children's hospitals to know whether such a thing is necessary...

Edit: Starlight Foundation. Of course.

I don't think there is. Would be keen to do a 24 hour stream for charity though.

I had a lot of fun on the old style trampolines but if I had kids, I wouldn't let them anywhere near one of those.

I remember the fun but not the accidents.

But yeah kids are retarded these days with their pre school sexting and free to play versions of game that were free beforehand.

I can't tell if I'm being ironic, sardonic or moronic. Probably all three

Ingram

Hey does Club Nintendo stuff come from Canberra via courier (TNT). Missed a delivery and I have no clue what it could be besides some shoelaces I used my points on the other day.

Cerity

I just got linked this...

Ipswich, Queensland, Australia: Ipswich is appearing on the Top7 Intelligent Communities of the Year list for the first time. In 2011, Ipswich published a 20-year economic development plan designed to combat its challenges and prepare for the ones to come. When the Australian government’s National Broadband Network was announced in 2009, Ipswich partnered with local communities to create what they called the Western Corridor National Broadband Network and attract national investment. A Digital Hub project and Digital Enterprise program are equipping citizens and business with digital skills, while Ipswich begins a major redevelopment of its city center, where digital technologies will be used to attract tenants and to improve public safety. Green standards will make the center one of the most sustainable in Australia.
http://smartcitiescouncil.com/artic...pswich-made-list-so-did-mitchell-south-dakota

and yeah...

HolyCheck

Hey does Club Nintendo stuff come from Canberra via courier (TNT). Missed a delivery and I have no clue what it could be besides some shoelaces I used my points on the other day.

Yep Courier! cant ermember if it was TNT though, i think so.

also everyone should buy metroid prime trilogy if they havent.

i see eat children is in the eshop..I assume that's what you're doing!

Anyone wanna sell me a spare Sanic ammibo? EBay makes me sad. All I wanted was a sonic one and maybe mega man or bowser. Fucking hate these cunts buying tens of them to sell.

Dryk

At some point this weekend can someone with a rock-solid connection play Smash with me? I need to figure out if the stuttering is on my end or the end of the 2 guys with English names playing Smash.

Anyone wanna sell me a spare Sanic ammibo? EBay makes me sad. All I wanted was a sonic one and maybe mega man or bowser. Fucking hate these cunts buying tens of them to sell.
I saw all three of those just sitting on the shelf at Kmart yesterday, if I'd known I'd've grabbed them for you

markot

Banned
Why would you buy 3 of the greatest games ever made when you could, for a bit more money, buy a stupid piece of plastic shaped into the likeness of the character in those games!?

HolyCheck

At some point this weekend can someone with a rock-solid connection play Smash with me? I need to figure out if the stuttering is on my end or the end of the 2 guys with English names playing Smash.

I saw all three of those just sitting on the shelf at Kmart yesterday, if I'd known I'd've grabbed them for you

happy to try it out with you, i've played half a dozen games online with out lag

Dryk

Why would you buy 3 of the greatest games ever made when you could, for a bit more money, buy a stupid piece of plastic shaped into the likeness of the character in those games!?
I have a physical copy of Prime 2 and Prime 3, and a copy of Prime Trilogy that's never been opened, don't judge me :p

Anyone still playing Destiny? I know a lot of people have gripes with the game but I've stuck with it and every few days find myself going back to it for an hour or 2. I'm a level 28 Titan, close to hitting 29. Picked up the Icebreaker a few weeks ago from Xur and finished the level 30 weekly heroic yesterday, so I'm back to grab more loot from him this weekend.

I enjoy the Crucible quite a bit and I like doing bounties. I started a second character, a warlock, but haven't gotten very far with him.

I've one Vault of Glass once and trying to put together another raid this weekend with some friends. PSN is StackboyRoyale if anyone is still enjoying it like I am.

Yes, I even replied to your post in the Destiny thread yesterday. Let me know when and I'll help out with the raid.

Fusebox

Banned
Hey you can grab one on ebay for double the price :/
There is even one going for $50+

Nah I stuffed up, I have Shulk, I meant to type Marth. I don't have Marth.

I could fill in some of my blanks at play-asia but to get Marth, Dedede and Ike will cost me about $110 delivered to Aus. Not sure if I want them that badly.

edit: Ike is sold out at Play-Asia too now, dammit.

I just picked up Marth, Dedede and Ike from international ebay sellers. Just missing Little Mac now and I refuse to pay more than $40 for any Amiibo so he's not looking like a viable purchase yet.

played Smash online for the first time last night. Had a few games with no lag and a few games with a lot! Also realised just how much I suck at the "modern" smashes. Should've got a gamecube or something. N64 version is the only one I'm half good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom