• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Who knows. I think the whole system of certain services paying to get this kind of privilege (or worse isps preferencing their own services )like that smells bad. Just reminds me of the net neutrality fight and how Australian consumers don't care.

Of course I basically never run up against caps anyway so its basically a non issue for me.

I'm not sure how iinet runs their freezone deals. They have quite a few of them. Xbox, iTunes, iView. Would money change hands of those kinds of quota free deals?

I'm sitting in bed, recovering from a nasty cold all alone at a work camp. Just finished reading "A Dangerous Fortune" and I must say that Ken Follett has to be some kind of sadist.

He teases a Micky Miranda x Augusta Pilaster sex scene for the whole length of the book, then when it comes time for them to get down to it, he doesn't deliver? Boo, Ken Follett. Boo!

Gazunta

Clive I'm usually cat HERDING, not cat ordering. I've been suckered into that Uber PR ploy, the bastards.

x3n05, it's maddening trying to get one. It's like...load rage, but with kittens instead of websites.

senahorse

Haha, kittens for all, or none.

That feeling when you have had automatic garage doors installed a week ago, haven't used the front door since then...and then discover it has been completely unlocked the whole time.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
As I've mostly lived in Asia for the last six years I've not had to ask this question in a long time, but what are the bad areas of Gold Coast and Brisbane? I don't want to accidentally walk into a mugging or anything when I get there next week.

Also: I'm considering loading my suitcase with a few SSDs/GPUs/etc depending on the price disparity between Taiwan and Australia. What is the biggest/main PC parts website in Australia so I can check prices?

As I've mostly lived in Asia for the last six years I've not had to ask this question in a long time, but what are the bad areas of Gold Coast and Brisbane? I don't want to accidentally walk into a mugging or anything when I get there next week.

Also: I'm considering loading my suitcase with a few SSDs/GPUs/etc depending on the price disparity between Taiwan and Australia. What is the biggest/main PC parts website in Australia so I can check prices?
Brisbane - Fortitude Valley in the inner city, Inala and Woodridge in the suburbs are probably the places with the worst reputations.

senahorse

To a lesser extent I would also add Logan and Ipswich. Not sure I would put Fortitude Valley on the same pedestal, maybe 20 years ago.

Cerity

I'd say Inala isn't bad at all (live nearby) but lately there's been a string of police related incidents :S Outside of that, the large majority of the population are immigrants now, most of the people making trouble left.

I'd avoid Ipswich and Logan, GC ain't bad during the day.

Are you wanting to move in to the area or just visit?

HowZatOZ

Banned
We've got a whole stack of keys available for Heroes of the Storm if you haven't already secured closed beta access. They are restricted to ANZ so no point anyone else trying.

Brisbane - Fortitude Valley in the inner city, Inala and Woodridge in the suburbs are probably the places with the worst reputations.

People still saying Fortitude Valley is a dangerous place in 2015 are a bit ignorant of its social development over the last few years. It isn't by all means a picture perfect suburb, but it is actually a great place during the day for families much like Surfers Paradise. Night can get a bit hectic due to the nightclubs around but unless you are seeking a fight you'll more than likely be okay.

Fusebox

Banned
All you bastards convinced me Persona 4 was actually interesting and good. No way am I falling for that shit again.

Sure you're not thinking of Danganronpa? That shit was way overhyped.

P4G is one of my favourite games of all time, I'm currently about halfway through P3P and loving it too. I'm surprised by how complete it is for a non-G release.

P4G is one of my favourite games of all time, I'm currently about halfway through P3P and loving it too. I'm surprised by how complete it is for a non-G release.

It was effectively a complete release since it was a while after the original was released. They did a super good job trying to port as much over as possible to the PSP. Would love love love another full port remake of 3 in the style of 4G though :)

Fusebox

Banned
It was effectively a complete release since it was a while after the original was released. They did a super good job trying to port as much over as possible to the PSP. Would love love love another full port remake of 3 in the style of 4G though :)

Yeah I got schooled all about that in the Persona community thread. They're a very helpful bunch of fanatics that's for sure.

I do miss the character models outside the dungeons though.

Oh and Kenji is a pathetic douchebag.

Shaneus

Nope, it was P4G. Everyone said it was amazing, but no-one ever really said why. Guess it was partly my fault for not investigating enough on *why* people loved it.

Just figured that if enough people praise something, I should be able to glean something out of it regardless of genre. But I guess having ADHD is a prerequisite for avoiding games like P4G like the plague.

Darren870

Anyways...

Jetstar has the 2 for 1 Japan flights again. Missus and I are thinking about going. I've been like 5 times but she hasn't. I kind of want to avoid Tokyo and just see the country and go to the islands but we will probably go to Tokyo for a 2-3 days.

Any recommendations for country side and such?

Jintor,
How much is a beer, a coffee and a Big Mac these days? In yen...

senahorse

Anyways...

Jetstar has the 2 for 1 Japan flights again. Missus and I are thinking about going. I've been like 5 times but she hasn't. I kind of want to avoid Tokyo and just see the country and go to the islands but we will probably go to Tokyo for a 2-3 days.

Jintor,

Goddam, I might get in on that action, I like me some ramen and my gf wants to go to the cat cafes.

Cerity

Nope, it was P4G. Everyone said it was amazing, but no-one ever really said why. Guess it was partly my fault for not investigating enough on *why* people loved it.

Just figured that if enough people praise something, I should be able to glean something out of it regardless of genre. But I guess having ADHD is a prerequisite for avoiding games like P4G like the plague.

I've always just pegged the popularity of P4G down to it being on vita. I've played both 3 and 4 and neither struck me as games to get as popular as 4 did. Both were just decent jrpg's ontop of the mountain of decent jrpg's that were available on the ps2 to begin with to me.

Jintor

Anyways...

Jintor,

probably 400-500 yen

I really enjoyed the alps in Kansai. Places like Shirakawago, Tsumago, Matsumoto. Not too many foreigners in those places. Takayama is quite busy with tourists but nice too.

I kind of want to get in on that sweet 2 for 1 action, too...

Darren870

probably 400-500 yen

Not bad then. Last time I went a beer would cost me 10 USD. Exchange rate seems much better now.

I really enjoyed the alps in Kansai. Places like Shirakawago, Tsumago, Matsumoto. Not too many foreigners in those places. Takayama is quite busy with tourists but nice too.

I kind of want to get in on that sweet 2 for 1 action, too...

Nice, thanks. I want to do some hiking and diving and see some of the historic sites. I've been to Mt Fuji and some of the surrounding areas, but it was so long now that I don't really remember it.

I'll probably go end of May, since its humid as fuck come June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom