• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

I've been in Gold Coast for a few hours now. With a lot of that at the airport. :/

Either way, I'm enjoying myself so far. Had a good lunch and a walk on the beach. Still got that "the floor/room is shaking" aftereffect from my flight though.

Make fists with your toes. Barefoot of course.

Jintor

it's shit winter though. It's only snowed three times, and only one was heavy enough to give that whole winter wonderland bs they sell you.

mainly it's just windy as fuck

it's shit winter though. It's only snowed three times, and only one was heavy enough to give that whole winter wonderland bs they sell you.

mainly it's just windy as fuck

kinda sucks when you go somewhere with a proper winter and you discover that it only snows a few days each year at best.

But then you discover what a cunt snow is when you have to do your everyday things like commuting and shopping. Slippery pavements can go get fucked.

I'm curious personally to see how I go with Brisbane winter this year after (admittedly very mild) northern hemisphere winter last year. Whether I will start saying "OMG it's freezing" when its 15 degrees.

Jintor

That's true, the snow was cool for about half a day then I stacked it going down a hill on my bike and now I hate icey roads forever

looked good but

That's true, the snow was cool for about half a day then I stacked it going down a hill on my bike and now I hate icey roads forever

looked good but

hehe.

Since I had seen snow twice before in Europe, I didn't even bother leaving my apartment the two days it snowed in Seattle last winter.

Thanks for the answers.

I haven't found much time for TV shows in recent years (The Good Wife is the main exception), and a list of a few series to watch has been building up. Being able to watch some shows on my phone with this Stan doodad will probably help me find time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Goood luck omi!

When they're 15 we'll be able to have you over for boardgames again. I assume you're not leaving the house for a while lol.

Also, just saw the theory of everything. It was pretty great, and very emotional :(

Quasar

Well that's interesting. Nine has put the whole of the much advertised Gallipoli mini series up on Stan tonight. Pretty unexpected given its prominence in the Nine lineup.

Figured they'd air it and sell episodes on iTunes etc before this.

Well that's interesting. Nine has put the whole of the much advertised Gallipoli mini series up on Stan tonight. Pretty unexpected given its prominence in the Nine lineup.

Figured they'd air it and sell episodes on iTunes etc before this.

Combination of not expecting much canibalisation of viewing along with a good selling point they can pimp on Channel 9 to sub to Stan.

Also the fact that there is 3 Gallipoli shows/movies airing this year might have swayed them to get it out early lol

Shaneus

So, it's like Kerbal but all medieval and shit.
OT
iHAUXDl.gif

wBQ7c7p.gif

ivzzY6AL1Khvn.gif

We get to take one of our sons home tomorrow, I suspect it will be quite an exciting time, if somewhat difficult giving we are leaving one there.
At least the difficult part of the ordeal is over: you've decided on which one you're keeping.

Sincere congrats to you all :)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Is there any reason why Coles and convenience stores can't/don't sell alcohol? Stuff like this seems weird to me.

And my girlfriend and I were going to try swimming in the ocean today. But she's apprehensive because she's scared of sharks. And I'm apprehensive because I don't want to end up like Harold Bishop. Getting washed out to sea and finding myself back in Scotland playing tuba in the Salvation Army with amnesia and shit. I ain't about that life.

Apart from that, all good. Thanks for the messages, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time in Australia.

Awesome price! Has anyone bought from them before? Any issues with key unlocking?
I've used them before, no issue. Took a few hours to get my key but it was fine. They are active on OzBargain and haven't been run out of town yet!

Is there any reason why Coles and convenience stores can't/don't sell alcohol? Stuff like this seems weird to me.

Coles/Woolworths did sell alcohol on the shelves for a while, they stopped that when they bought/started their own separately branded liquor stores which are usually attached or inside supermarkets. I assume it makes it easier to enforce laws/regulations by keeping it separate.

It's never the redhead :(
Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. If that were true I wouldn't see the disgusting little blighters everywhere. Like vermin. Freckled, ranga-hued vermin... without the personality and (comparatively high) hygiene for their four-legged brethren.

Ughh. Just... very... Ughhk.

And my girlfriend and I were going to try swimming in the ocean today. But she's apprehensive because she's scared of sharks. And I'm apprehensive because I don't want to end up like Harold Bishop. Getting washed out to sea and finding myself back in Scotland playing tuba in the Salvation Army with amnesia and shit. I ain't about that life.

You do realise you are literally missing out on the best thing about the gold coast right?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Apart from that, all good. Thanks for the messages, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time in Australia.

some one else that remembers!

wearing his white slacks, knocking on the door to collect money, he had no idea who he was! madge was speechless!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Today I was made redundant.

Thank's Libs!

Cerity

Monster hunter is monstrous hunger... For a better game.

The game is going to keep me in its grips for at least the next 3 months so I'll be more than satisfied with it :p

my local one does
It's QLD liquor laws, you can't openly have alcohol on the shelves in a supermarket. Which is kind of annoying tbh, ALDI seem to do pretty cool specials every so often but we don't get them.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Sorry to keep asking questions and such, but I'm looking to open a bank account. What would you guys recommend? Just a day-to-day bank account for getting my salary and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom