• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 50% of my orders with dick smith have required me talking with customer service on twitter or email.

The website stuffed up last time and I had to double order then cancel one of them. One item didn't ship, so I Email them. Now they claim I got refunded and thus never paid so could I please give them my Credit card info.

There were two orders and only one got refunded you dipshits.

Bernbaum

dzKs78l.jpg

Decided to finally take the plunge.
How did you get the discount?

You're letting me down AusGAF!

Yet you went through that Destiny grind for some reason >_<
Destiny has great gunplay though. The core gameplay loops is great, just the design outside that is counter-productive to enjoyment.

Also at least half that time was co-op sooooooo lol

How did you get the discount?

Target eBay store has 20% off!

PS4: $398.40
Xbox One with Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag: $367.20
Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle: $318.40
New 3DS $157.60
New 3DS XL $183.20

You should follow me on Twitter Bernbumbum! I retweeted it earlier today, busy as fuck at work so this is the first time I've been able to sit down and do a post.

Stackboy

Just caught the first two episodes of Pocket. Yeaaah, I didn't ask for this. Can't see myself tuning in religiously like I do with the weekly show but I might check it out occasionally.

I guess I'll take a look at the daily ones tonight, when I'm watching the weekly on YouTube. You never know, it might find its feet and get better. Is it daily news, or a bit behind?

After a week in Gold Coast I've come to the conclusion that the three most lucrative industries in Australia are mining, agriculture, and returning shopping trolleys to supermarkets.

Yep, you nailed it.

ShyGuy

Hello All!

I'm in the market to buy something from ebgames of all places, and am curious just to know if they do promo codes?

Like, do they send them out to people's email addresses?

Google suggests no...

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Still no majoras mask. I ordered something online on friday and it's here already. Jb hifi step up your fucking game. This also came though Auspost... ;_______;

hamchan

The New3DS really is quite good.

Comfort wise I think it feels the same as the 3DS XL, the stylus slot is in a much more annoying place this time next to the power button at the bottom of the console. Plus the micro sd requires you to take off the back plate. Why they made it more annoying I have no idea.

What makes the console good though is the 3D itself. It's fantastic. You can move your console around and the 3D doesn't break like before, when even a tiny movement disrupted it. Playing Layton v Phoenix right now and I think it looks glorious.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Mine apparently arrived today but I haven't been home to double check that's what the package was.

Maybe that means I'll get mine tomorrow if that is what your package is. Still annoyed it's taken a freaking week to travel this far. Is it being couriered by bike?

Hello All!

I'm in the market to buy something from ebgames of all places, and am curious just to know if they do promo codes?

Like, do they send them out to people's email addresses?

Google suggests no...

I don't think so. They prefer walk ins so they can up sell you some preorders.

Holy shit I bought a WiiU!

Congrats. You are now legally required to defend Nintendo's honour in every corner of the interwebs.

Also you must own more Amiibos than clean pairs of underwear.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The New3DS really is quite good.

Comfort wise I think it feels the same as the 3DS XL, the stylus slot is in a much more annoying place this time next to the power button at the bottom of the console. Plus the micro sd requires you to take off the back plate. Why they made it more annoying I have no idea.

What makes the console good though is the 3D itself. It's fantastic. You can move your console around and the 3D doesn't break like before, when even a tiny movement disrupted it. Playing Layton v Phoenix right now and I think it looks glorious.

frustratingly the 3d doesnt work very well for me :(

i assume its because of my glasses. but I have way too much ghosting. i know it's not the new 3ds in general because i've heard nothing but good things. but I can only seem to get the 3d to work when it's on the lowest setting (just past the notch) and when i hold it a specific distance from me (that isn't an ideal playing distance).

:(

Kritz

Banned
Great game. I've only had the chance to play my copy a handful of times but really enjoyed it each time.

I've played it once at a friend's and it was enough to convince me I needed my own copy. I really love any board game that is quite simple in terms of player actions, but with a great deal of strategy and game understanding required to get good at it.

I really want to buy a copy of Saboteur, too, but I know I'll never get the player numbers to get my money's worth for it. Or really, any of those Resistance / Avalon styled alliance games.

I agree completely, especially for those who game at friends places. Nintendo don't care though.

frustratingly the 3d doesnt work very well for me :(

i assume its because of my glasses. but I have way too much ghosting. i know it's not the new 3ds in general because i've heard nothing but good things. but I can only seem to get the 3d to work when it's on the lowest setting (just past the notch) and when i hold it a specific distance from me (that isn't an ideal playing distance).

:(

Whoa that fucking sucks. Worked great for me wearing glasses, might be due to the thickness of the lens maybe?

Jintor

I knew it was bad, but didn't know how bad until I called their customer service yesterday to try and transfer my eShop purchases from a couple of years ago to my New 3DS XL I just got. Was told "nothing we can do"... Yay Nintendo

i love nintendo

i hate nintendo

Yo does anyone know if Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call got a proper release here?
I know the two Digital Devil Saga's did, and Persona 3, 3 FES and 4 all did. But I can't find any evidence of Lucifer's Call.

I don't really mind buying a UK copy, just wanted to post here and reach out to the truth first.

Yo does anyone know if Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call got a proper release here?
I know the two Digital Devil Saga's did, and Persona 3, 3 FES and 4 all did. But I can't find any evidence of Lucifer's Call.

I don't really mind buying a UK copy, just wanted to post here and reach out to the truth first.

Sure did dude.

Dryk

dzKs78l.jpg

Decided to finally take the plunge.
The price of bundles has dropped $1 since I got mine in September 2013... and mine had a Pro Controller in it... (Still haven't played the copy of Monster Hunter though)

What are you doing Nintendo?

the newest addition to my cupboard!
I've heard it's good! I'm in this annoying place right now where I'm trying to pick a longish strategy game to add to my collection that my friends will actually play. But our group already has Risk Legacy and Game of Thrones so I don't know what to do. I want a game like a less shit risk with variable player powers, but I think TI3 and it's ilk would be too long and overwhelming for my guys and everything else only supports 4 players.

Does anybody else on here play Insurgency? It's been out for over a year but I only picked it up when it was part of a Humble Bundle late last year.

I started playing a week or so ago and now I'm addicted. It has this perfect balance of realism and arcade action that keeps me coming back for more. Amazing gun play too.

I knew it was bad, but didn't know how bad until I called their customer service yesterday to try and transfer my eShop purchases from a couple of years ago to my New 3DS XL I just got. Was told "nothing we can do"... Yay Nintendo

I even tried a few times with different people and basically got told tough luck. Absolutely ridiculous.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I opened a bank account today. As I used the ePassport system (so I didn't have a stamp in my passport) they had to call up immigration and confirm my date of arrival before opening my account. It's amazing how making things more convenient can easily 180 like that.

Regarding this Wii U talk: it's probably the only current-gen console that I would consider buying at this point. I've zero fundamental interest in a X1, and the PS4 would need at least 10 solid exclusives before I gave it a thought. But Nintendo's bullshit always puts me off (removing S-video and component from PAL GCs, making the 3DS region-locked, the lack of any semblance of a modern online infrastructure, etc). That and I'd only consider buying a USA Wii U as I figure that region locking and the PAL/NTSC divide is still a thing when it comes to Nintendo's home consoles.

Bernbaum

New console excitement. It's been so long. Still get a buzz with a new console. Only time I've ever been disappointed was with the PSP.

Gazunta

Yeah one of the things I did while working at an AU distributor was spend a morning whacking Australian classification stickers on top of imported cases. We paid for the Australian classification, so it was all above board and legal to do it this way. Usually worked out that we saved like ten cents a unit doing it like that instead of getting Australian covers made with the classification 'built in'.

It was a really fulfilling job and I was glad I got to play such a crucial role in the games industry ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom