• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

New console excitement. It's been so long. Still get a buzz with a new console. Only time I've ever been disappointed was with the PSP.

The tablet thing is useless, but man, seeing Nintendo games look as good as they do on the Wii U is great. I kind of feel like they could just stop there and try and make their next console a hybrid portable/console with Wii U level horsepower and things would be sweet.

Most of my Wii U games are like that

I dug my Starcraft 2 CE out to sell, and it's like that too.

Yo does anyone know if Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call got a proper release here?

Here's my copy with the Australian rating on the actual insert and "ANZ" on the disc.

awA6fom.jpg

Yeah one of the things I did while working at an AU distributor was spend a morning whacking Australian classification stickers on top of imported cases. We paid for the Australian classification, so it was all above board and legal to do it this way. Usually worked out that we saved like ten cents a unit doing it like that instead of getting Australian covers made with the classification 'built in'.

It was a really fulfilling job and I was glad I got to play such a crucial role in the games industry ><

Next time, stick it on the other side of the disc.

Need a new hobby Bern? At least you don't go for the Knicks ;)

Same. Got Animal Crossing and NSMB.

Anyone know cheap places to buy games (apart from lurking ozbargains)? I'm still fairly new to the country.

What games are you looking for in particular? Let me know, otherwise keep an eye on OzBargain for new releases at the best prices.

I got the New 3DS. But fuck me I didn't know the games were so expensive.

Eh not that bad, just never come down in price. Most tend to be around the $45-55 mark.

Holy shit I bought a PlayStation 4!

Thanks for the post.

Congrats! What's your PSN ID, mines el_rezzo.

Yo does anyone know if Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call got a proper release here?
I know the two Digital Devil Saga's did, and Persona 3, 3 FES and 4 all did. But I can't find any evidence of Lucifer's Call.

I don't really mind buying a UK copy, just wanted to post here and reach out to the truth first.

I grabbed a UK copy for like $10 from BeatTheBomb a long while back. Keep an eye out and it'll pop up, seems to be plenty of copies around.

I knew it was bad, but didn't know how bad until I called their customer service yesterday to try and transfer my eShop purchases from a couple of years ago to my New 3DS XL I just got. Was told "nothing we can do"... Yay Nintendo

More money for Nintendo when you rebuy them. Yay!

Yeah one of the things I did while working at an AU distributor was spend a morning whacking Australian classification stickers on top of imported cases. We paid for the Australian classification, so it was all above board and legal to do it this way. Usually worked out that we saved like ten cents a unit doing it like that instead of getting Australian covers made with the classification 'built in'.

It was a really fulfilling job and I was glad I got to play such a crucial role in the games industry ><
Only kind of related but I imported Bioshock from the UK back in the day and had it seized by customs because of its UK R18+ rating on the case. Then when I rebought the game locally I saw the disc and case had afucking UK R18+ logo on it as well. :/

Cerity

Having Bavarian cake for the first time in years and we're arguing which fastfood chain used to throw the sara lee cakes in with their family meals. I thought it was KFC but no one is agreeig.

Also how good is it.

senahorse

Having Bavarian cake for the first time in years and we're arguing which fastfood chain used to throw the sara lee cakes in with their family meals. I thought it was KFC but no one is agreeig.

Also how good is it.

KFC definitely used to, there were small single serves I believe. Pizza Hut threw in a slab.

senahorse

People that don't have a whole bucket to themselves :). If you were to have your proper caloric intake you could probably only have 2 pieces of chicken.

edit: for example Original Recipe Chicken - 1 piece, 892.5kJ. Shit is crazy, but goddam it tastes good.

edit2: Popcorn Chicken Snack Box 1984kJ

Ha, that's crazy, the serve is so small.

Jintor

Only really looking at Splatoon this year and maybe Xenoblade if it goes on sale. Everything else is kinda just a 'when it's on sale' deal. (Lol fat chance)

Still, not like there's a damn thing on PS4 or XBone I want at all.

Is a pro-controller worth buying for the WiiU or is the gamepad perfectly fine?

If you really want it for Smash or Bayo, otherwise you're okay without really

so exploding kittens.
have we worked out if it will be cheaper to add to someone elses order and just split the shipping
or should we just order separately.
if so, anyone in melb got an order i can jump in on

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
:( my cat just spent the night trapped under my kitchen cupboards (there's like a 1mx1mx10cm crawl space.

To get under there though she had to knock down a small wood panel. Looks like she was in there when I fixed up the wood panel last night.

Woke up this morning to hear meows. She seems fine. She's sitting here at my feet as I poop. Good kitty.

Darren870

so exploding kittens.
have we worked out if it will be cheaper to add to someone elses order and just split the shipping
or should we just order separately.
if so, anyone in melb got an order i can jump in on

I had it ordered, then I cancelled it because I knew I'd only play it once or twice then forget about it.

--

All this new console talk has me excited!! However, see my comments above. I should probably finish the games I have on my 360 first (which hasn't been hooked up in over a year)

I have the normal new 3DS already but for some insane reason I wanna get the XL just to see if I prefer it.

Leave me alone, Target.

Hey Toast,
I've added you on 3ds friends btw. i put my friend code in the monster hunter google doc if you want to add me back.
Holycheck/Ham/Donk are all playing MH4 also.

ps. you should jump into IIRC chat!

B-KwuuVIIAAHl39.png:large

What a mess.

Yes. BUT I WANT THEM!!!!

I had to buy some of the second wave figures from Amazon.com. I went into two local BIg W the day most recent bacth were released- nope.

Just out of shits and giggles, I went into an EB the other day to see what they had. Nope- they only sell pre-orders.

yup.

BUT IWATA THEM!!!!!

Gazunta

much better. hang on, on the phone with AIE support because my Skyrim disc gives me disc read errors.

Somewhere, in an empty office, a lonely, dusty phone rings forever

lol

Edit: fuuuuuuuuck I have so far been able to resist Amiibo but KING DEDEDE nooooooooo

I'm pretty good with collectibles. I have stayed away from them for years and for amiibos, have just stuck to characters I like- ie from Mario, DK and Zelda, though I have a Samus and a Pikachu for giggles and/or giggles.

They aren't super expensive like most of the characters, its more the availability. There's a dock workers strike on the west coast of the US so that kinda affects Nintendo.

There isn't a strike here so what's the problem with supply for Australia, Nonetendo?

I think I'll buy it then.

Eh its a boring luck based game with few meaningful decisions riding on the art and wacky humour. Of course nerds are lapping that shit up and it's making millions of dollars. If the game isn't fun without the art or jokes then once you see all the cards it'll lose its lustre (ala CAH). Plus they want 20 bucks to ship some cards to Australia. There are plenty of better games out there to throw you money at that you will still want to play in 5 years. But by all means go ahead don't you see, the kittens are exploding lulz.

Shaneus

Eh its a boring luck based game with few meaningful decisions riding on the art and wacky humour. Of course nerds are lapping that shit up and it's making millions of dollars. If the game isn't fun without the art or jokes then once you see all the cards it'll lose its lustre (ala CAH). Plus they want 20 bucks to ship some cards to Australia. There are plenty of better games out there to throw you money at that you will still want to play in 5 years. But by all means go ahead don't you see, the kittens are exploding lulz.
I don't know how much value you want out of a deck of cards, but I can't see me playing *any* card game in five years. If I can spend ~$50 and have a handful of drunken, stupid nights with friends then I'm happy.

But feel free to sit atop your high horse and proclaim that anyone buying into it is short-sighted and superficial, though.

Darren870

Thats pretty much why I cancelled my order. I thought about it and realized I would probably never play it.
I don't have any friends

Though $20 is reasonable to ship to Australia. My mom just sent me some trousers from NY and it was $18 USD.

jambo

Yup, definitely sounds like an abomination.

Sometimes we feel like quick brainless fun, so we play games like CAH, Tsuro and Zombie Dice and a have a few beers.

Also I fucking hate when nerds use "nerds" as a put down towards people who buy things they don't like. Fuck right off.

God bless my GTX 970 purchase from Amazon.com. I got a 20% refund from them because I missed out on the Pick Your Path bundle, now I might be getting an additional 20% refund for the memory issue.

By the time I sell this card second hand come upgrade time this year, I may end up having turned a profit by owning this.

Dryk

Some people like luck-based games with no longevity though...

Unrelated note: There's a group of people playing Coup in the lunch room today and I'm jealous as fuck

Jintor

I have a samus amiibo cos the build quality is actually kind of okay

i've been tempted to just grab amiibo since availability is not a problem in glorious nippon but i'm stymied by the fact i don't really actually like that many of them enough

probably will get a lucina amiibo tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom